Kriener Traveling Overseas with USA Team

Wow I can’t believe this thread didn’t even have the chance to congratulate Ryan on this amazing opportunity. To be honest that first reply should have and still should be deleted. Hope Ryan can get some good experience and improve coming into next season. We will need him.

Dailey was gone no matter what. To assert otherwise, or to base it on "race", is intellectually dishonest. Then again...

Moss, as Rob pointed out elsewhere, he had no idea Bohannon would be having surgery. That knowledge may very well have changed his decision to leave.

You blather on with your "wokeness"...then make assumptions about racial issues about two guys leaving who, by any measure, would hardly be considered "major" if they were at damn near ANY other team that made the NCAA tournament this past season.

Is it ok if I call you Haweyeboob? Did you read any of my posts? I'll state my premise again...we have two black players leave with eligibility remaining (I never alluded to their reasons for leaving), we have two black players on our roster of 12, way under the norm in college basketball which is 60%. Is there a perception that Fran and team have to overcome?

That is exactly what I've been questioning. Why is everyone parroting the "woke" moniker? Is Fox news or some right wing conspiracy site sending drones out to label people. If I'm "woke"...are you "asleep"? I assume so.

Is it ok if I call you Haweyeboob? Did you read any of my posts? I'll state my premise again...we have two black players leave with eligibility remaining (I never alluded to their reasons for leaving), we have two black players on our roster of 12, way under the norm in college basketball which is 60%. Is there a perception that Fran and team have to overcome?

That is exactly what I've been questioning. Why is everyone parroting the "woke" moniker? Is Fox news or some right wing conspiracy site sending drones out to label people. If I'm "woke"...are you "asleep"? I assume so.

A university from a state that has way less black population, and does a lot of in state recruiting, has less black players on the team than most other schools. We need to get to the bottom of this!

Wow I can’t believe this thread didn’t even have the chance to congratulate Ryan on this amazing opportunity. To be honest that first reply should have and still should be deleted. Hope Ryan can get some good experience and improve coming into next season. We will need him.

I tried to keep the thread's topic in check with my first post but I was too late... :(

Did you read what I wrote, the whole take is that Iowa Basketball has a diversity issue based on the norms in college basketball. Let me clue you in...most white supremacists don't advocate for diversity.

Now, if you can PCHawk could read those comments and tell me what YOU think it means...because something is getting lost somewhere in your heads.

what i think it means is that you are rationalizing making a statement that would typically be categorized as a racist statement but it isn't a racist statement because you wrote it.

look, i get you were trying to be sarcastic, but you outlined what is completely wrong with the PC culture. a person is guilty until they prove their innocence. and that is a complete reversal of what our country is based on of innocent until proven guilty.

I never said Fran or his program was racist...I said they have an issue they are most likely dealing with...which is the racial make up of their current team. Find a post where I said anyone was "guilty" of anything or where I said Fran was racist or his program was racist. I don't believe he is...nor do I believe the program has racist tendencies. But if you don't think a current roster of 1 of 11 players are black players...two when Toussant joins, is a potential issue...well...maybe I'm crazy.

I never said Fran or his program was racist...I said they have an issue they are most likely dealing with...which is the racial make up of their current team. Find a post where I said anyone was "guilty" of anything or where I said Fran was racist or his program was racist. I don't believe he is...nor do I believe the program has racist tendencies. But if you don't think a current roster of 1 of 11 players are black players...two when Toussant joins, is a potential issue...well...maybe I'm crazy.

Is it an issue on teams where there is only one white guy?

A university from a state that has way less black population, and does a lot of in state recruiting, has less black players on the team than most other schools. We need to get to the bottom of this!

For your information, Iowa is the 6th whitest state in the country. Here on the top five whitest states in America and the number of black players on their main state University roster:

Maine - 6
Vermont - 7
West Virginia - 12
New Hampshire - 11
Montana - 9

2018 -2019 Big Ten Rosters/ # of black players:
Indiana - 11
Rutgers - 11
Nebraska - 10
Maryland - 10
Minnesota -10
Illinois - 10
Michigan State - 9
Ohio State - 9
Michigan - 8
Penn State - 8
Northwestern -8
Purdue - 6
Wisconsin - 5

For your information, Iowa is the 6th whitest state in the country. Here on the top five whitest states in America and the number of black players on their main state University roster:

Maine - 6
Vermont - 7
West Virginia - 12
New Hampshire - 11
Montana - 9

So do you think Bob Huggins has already discussed a plan to figure out how to fix that problem?

2018 -2019 Big Ten Rosters/ # of black players:
Indiana - 11
Rutgers - 11
Nebraska - 10
Maryland - 10
Minnesota -10
Illinois - 10
Michigan State - 9
Ohio State - 9
Michigan - 8
Penn State - 8
Northwestern -8
Purdue - 6
Wisconsin - 5

Still waiting for the research on how many white players are on the Grambling football team.

I read your racist posts. And the more I read, the more I dislike your racist, pseudo-woke ranting. And the more I realize you are probably well beyond "repair".

I read your racist posts. And the more I read, the more I dislike your racist, pseudo-woke ranting. And the more I realize you are probably well beyond "repair".

Boob, while I appreciate you contemplating "repairing" me, I don't think you know what racism is. If you read all my posts, you would not see racism. You would see a guy asking if our team being predominantly white could impact our recruiting efforts toward black players. I'm not calling Fran McCaffery a racist, I'm not saying he has purposely run off Moss and Dailey...I'm not saying Iowa ending up with 2 black players out of 12 was the master plan. I'm just openly asking the question if this could be viewed as a negative by black recruits. The fact that the "White Power" crowd is outraged is hilarious.

i don't think it was a coincidence that Iowa hired Billy Taylor as their new assistant. I think it was a brilliant move for a number of reasons.

I guess maybe I'm the only one who sees this as a valid question.

Last edited:
Boob, while I appreciate you contemplating "repairing" me, I don't think you know what racism is. If you read all my posts, you would not see racism. You would see a guy asking if our team being predominantly white could impact our recruiting efforts toward black players. I'm not calling Fran McCaffery a racist, I'm not saying he has purposely run off Moss and Dailey...I'm not saying Iowa ending up with 2 black players out of 12 was the master plan. I'm just openly asking the question if this could be viewed as a negative by black recruits. The fact that the "White Power" crowd is outraged is hilarious.

i don't think it was a coincidence that Iowa hired Billy Taylor as their new assistant. I think it was a brilliant move for a number of reasons.

I guess maybe I'm the only one who see this as a valid question.

No you aren't the only one.

I guess maybe I'm the only one who see this as a valid question.

<<I'm just openly asking the question if this could be viewed as a negative by black recruits>>

I thought you were the woke race expert? Shouldn't YOU be educating US?

Such a disappointment.

<<I'm just openly asking the question if this could be viewed as a negative by black recruits>>

I thought you were the woke race expert? Shouldn't YOU be educating US?

Such a disappointment.

Honestly, I rarely will tell people what to think. I leave it up to them to draw their conclusions. Unless they prove themselves too stupid for rational thought...I won't preach.

As for my qualifications, see the thread on the most "woke" poster on the board. I'm leading the pack, so you can trust what I say here is balanced from a racial view.