Kriener Traveling Overseas with USA Team

Hey Gump...stop trying to make everything a racist comment.

Well, considering that 60% of Division 1 basketball players are black, I'm sure Fran is recruiting more black players based on the statistics of who the best players are. As I've said, I don't believe Fran or his program is racist or has any racial bias. What I believe is that for many reasons, we have had two black players transfer before their eligibility was up...we have a make up of 1 black player out of 11 current roster players, with Toussant coming in it will be 2 of 12.

If I'm a 4* or 5* black player and I go on a recruiting visit to Iowa, does this team look like me? If on the my other visits I encounter 7 of 12 players on average that look like me...does a question come up in my mind about whether I fit into the Iowa program. Is the playing time allocated unfairly? That's the point I'm trying to make...and I think it's one Fran is dealing with and he is undoubtedly addressing with transfers and recruits.

We lost a ND transfer recruit to an SEC team that never won a conference game last year and has little basketball reputation. That was an eye opener for me.

Wonder if you're engaging in implicit racism. You assert that 4* or 5* black recruits are going to sign with a team that has players that look like them. Why don't you believe they and their families would have enough intelligence to go to a school with good players, no matter the race? I'm sure it's unintentional on your part, but why are you selling them so short?

no, just those who understand the meaning of the word Hypocrisy. how do we know you're not a white supremacist for having written what you wrote?

Did you read what I wrote, the whole take is that Iowa Basketball has a diversity issue based on the norms in college basketball. Let me clue you in...most white supremacists don't advocate for diversity.

Now, if you can PCHawk could read those comments and tell me what YOU think it means...because something is getting lost somewhere in your heads.

I tell you what, this whole accusing others of being racist just because they don't agree with you is kinda fun. Now I see why others like to do it so much.

Did you read what I wrote, the whole take is that Iowa Basketball has a diversity issue based on the norms in college basketball. Let me clue you in...most white supremacists don't advocate for diversity.

Now, if you can PCHawk could read those comments and tell me what YOU think it means...because something is getting lost somewhere in your heads.

I think that Fran is un-racist enough to not recruit players based on the color of their skin. I know that's a foreign concept to someone racist like yourself.

We lost a ND transfer recruit to an SEC team that never won a conference game last year and has little basketball reputation. That was an eye opener for me.

If you think Iowa is far and away viewed as the superior program nationally you are mistaken. Last year was brutal for them but to say Vanderbilt has little basketball reputation is a bit ignorant when comparing them to Iowa. One could make the case they have been the better program the last decade and are probably favored to be the better program the last 20 years.

To try and keep it brief and not spit out a bunch of facts like I tend to, let me just ask you this. Would you be surprised if I told you that Vanderbilt has been to 2 sweet 16s since Iowa last made it there during Tom Davis' last season 20 years ago? Unfortunately this is true.

Also, what recruit wouldn't be drawn to playing for a former NBA all star with plenty of NBA ties and alongside several sons of former NBA stars (Scottie Pippen and Kenyon Martin)?

If you think Iowa is far and away viewed as the superior program nationally you are mistaken. Last year was brutal for them but to say Vanderbilt has little basketball reputation is a bit ignorant when comparing them to Iowa. One could make the case they have been the better program the last decade and are probably favored to be the better program the last 20 years.

To try and keep it brief and not spit out a bunch of facts like I tend to, let me just ask you this. Would you be surprised if I told you that Vanderbilt has been to 2 sweet 16s since Iowa last made it there during Tom Davis' last season 20 years ago? Unfortunately this is true.

Also, what recruit wouldn't be drawn to playing for a former NBA all star with plenty of NBA ties and alongside several sons of former NBA stars (Scottie Pippen and Kenyon Martin)?
Win One would rather accuse the kid of being racist than to admit Vanderbilt is close to an equal program.

Wonder if you're engaging in implicit racism. You assert that 4* or 5* black recruits are going to sign with a team that has players that look like them. Why don't you believe they and their families would have enough intelligence to go to a school with good players, no matter the race? I'm sure it's unintentional on your part, but why are you selling them so short?

I'm not selling them short. I never said they wouldn't sign with Iowa. I'm saying I would have questions if I were in their shoes. Dailey and Moss just leaving with eligibility...etc...only one black player on the current roster...with one coming in next year.

Once again...I never said Fran or his program is racist...I've said there is a perception issue based on our team make up. Maybe I'm the only one who sees it or thinks it's an issue...I doubt it though.

Ok...I wasn't going back 12-13 years...to their last Sweet 16...but I should have done more research...it's just not a program...especially recent history that strikes at you as a basketball school. I stand corrected and it's comparable to Iowa's last decade.

It's an unproven combination of new coaches and them trying to bring in talent quickly. I understand the allure. I'm just saying, in my eyes...with what we had returning (Moss included at the time I believe)...we should have been in the driver's seat.

Ok...I wasn't going back 12-13 years...to their last Sweet 16...but I should have done more research...it's just not a program...especially recent history that strikes at you as a basketball school. I stand corrected and it's comparable to Iowa's last decade.

It's an unproven combination of new coaches and them trying to bring in talent quickly. I understand the allure. I'm just saying, in my eyes...with what we had returning (Moss included at the time I believe)...we should have been in the driver's seat.

I have to disagree here. Nashville vs Iowa City is pretty one-sided argument if you've been to both places. And the tradition/presitge of Iowa's basketball program and Fran or are not near enough to make up for that gap.

If we're talking about a athlete looking to play football or wrestle its a different story.

No worries, I definitely understand why people would conclude that Harvey was Iowa's to lose. Especially when looking at the most recent season and how things went for Vandy. To me I guess I follow the sport a lot more closely on a national level than most so I knew Vandy isn't the cellar dwellar of a program that a lot of people think. Hell most years than not they have a better recruiting class than Iowa. They have had a better recruiting class than Iowa 8 of the last 10 years, including this year, per 247 team composite rankings.

No worries, I definitely understand why people would conclude that Harvey was Iowa's to lose. Especially when looking at the most recent season and how things went for Vandy. To me I guess I follow the sport a lot more closely on a national level than most so I knew Vandy isn't the cellar dwellar of a program that a lot of people think. Hell most years than not they have a better recruiting class than Iowa. They have had a better recruiting class than Iowa 8 of the last 10 years, including this year, per 247 team composite rankings.

Good info. I usually try to do some research if making that type of statement...but I had recent, recent history for sure in my head. It's shocking to think Vandy recruits better than we do...that often.

I think Harvey was a big miss for us unfortunately. Hopefully we can pick up the guard to lessen the loss of Bohannon.

Good info. I usually try to do some research if making that type of statement...but I had recent, recent history for sure in my head. It's shocking to think Vandy recruits better than we do...that often.

I think Harvey was a big miss for us unfortunately. Hopefully we can pick up the guard to lessen the loss of Bohannon.
Time will tell if Harvey was a big miss. Hopefully the Valpo guy (if he comes) and/or the other guys coming into the rotation can fill Moss' and JBo's void. If not, it could turn pretty ugly around here.

Well of course YOU would have questions. Fortunately not everyone cares as much about race as you do.

There is an anti-stalking rule on HN. I get that you think I care about race...I get that you don't like me. There...can you now stop responding to every one of my posts with some lame comment about race?

There is an anti-stalking rule on HN. I get that you think I care about race...I get that you don't like me. There...can you now stop responding to every one of my posts with some lame comment about race?

I like you a lot as a poster on hawkeye sports. I just don't agree at all with your take on this matter.

I'm not selling them short. I never said they wouldn't sign with Iowa. I'm saying I would have questions if I were in their shoes. Dailey and Moss just leaving with eligibility...etc...only one black player on the current roster...with one coming in next year.

Once again...I never said Fran or his program is racist...I've said there is a perception issue based on our team make up. Maybe I'm the only one who sees it or thinks it's an issue...I doubt it though.

Dailey was gone no matter what. To assert otherwise, or to base it on "race", is intellectually dishonest. Then again...

Moss, as Rob pointed out elsewhere, he had no idea Bohannon would be having surgery. That knowledge may very well have changed his decision to leave.

You blather on with your "wokeness"...then make assumptions about racial issues about two guys leaving who, by any measure, would hardly be considered "major" if they were at damn near ANY other team that made the NCAA tournament this past season.