KOK's playcalling is unreal

You're correct. Winning would have been difficult. Our best opportunity was in the first quarter (and we were winning the game within the game, and the battle of both lines), and the third quarter. That's what some of us are upset about. The two best opportunities, notwithstanding some player execution issues, were also blown by some basic coaching errors.

Maybe you, and about 10% of the folks on here will get this. The rest will come up with reasons to blast me.

Not every time a play isn't successful is it the fault of the play call. The fact that Nebraska could be run against, and we went away from it is an epic failure in overall game plan, and on field decision making.
I agree. The only thing I would point out is that on those first two drives inside the Neb. 40, Iowa had some mistakes, non coaching related that led to punts....now you could debate about maybe thinking those opportunities were four down territory and running the ball might have been better, but hindsight is 20/20.

Some are fickle, but there is a fairly substantial group of long-term, knowledgeable fans that have always been alarmed by the KF/KOK/Norm "way". Yes, winning may temporarily drown us out, but we're still here, pointing out the same elemental flaws in the Iowa system under Ferentz.

Amen.

Latest posts