KOK's playcalling is unreal

KOK and KF are simply horrible offensive coaches, particularly when faced with a decent defensive team. They play scared. It is embarrassing.

I've resorted to cheering for Neb to false start. Our D has nothing left in the tank.
Oh great another wide open receiver for the worst QB in the B1G

O' Keefe would not be coaching a Big Ten offense if his best friend wasn't the head coach. Simple as that. The guy came from a DIII school - the same level as Wartburg. No way his resume warranted a Big Ten coordinator job. The results speak for themselves.

O' Keefe would not be coaching a Big Ten offense if his best friend wasn't the head coach. Simple as that. The guy came from a DIII school - the same level as Wartburg. No way his resume warranted a Big Ten coordinator job. The results speak for themselves.

Bingo.

FACT

Those last two series are NOT on the coaches, at all.

:p:p:p cib, you are killing me!

Those last 2 series were irrelevant. Nothing more than academic because there was still time left on the clock.

This game was lost on the 1st offensive series of the 2nd half and, actually, back in the 1st half. Please, explain the strategic advantage gained by the wr reverse and bubble screen calls on 1st down -- plays that take forever to develop -- against a fast, experienced defense. Please, what's you're apology for the coaching competence with regard to game-flow / momentum when you're driving the ball but resort to 2 plays that require more precise and extensive execution to be successful but that we've run only a handful of times all season with little to zero success.

I'm just curious what I'm missing.

KOK and KF are simply horrible offensive coaches, particularly when faced with a decent defensive team. They play scared. It is embarrassing.

Agreed. Iowa will always underachieve until KF realizes his way of coaching offense doesn't work.

Weve had teams with very good personnel on offense and it still dosen't work.

We go as far as the defense can carry us and no further.

The overall strategy is questionable at best, the play calling and personnel decisions are terrible, and there is never any rhythm or continuity to an Iowa offense. Oh yeah, need I mention clock management.

We saw against Pittsburg that this team has strengths that can be very potent and yet somehow the coaches have found absolutely no way to harness this, and I don't think they care to.

Honestly, how do you watch what happened against Pitt and not attempt to duplicate that the rest of the season rather than relying on pounding the ball with a fullback?

Im sick of it.

This is getting to the point to where I can just cut-n-paste. How ironic! That's just what the offense does from week to week and season to season.

(I posted this after the Purdue game. YES! it was a win but did NOT change the FACTS.)
While I openly admit that I would have been just fine with a change about 6 years ago (ever since the writing was on the wall that regular losses to inferior teams was part of the annual W-L projection and expectation), I have never called for a firing. That said, how in the fvcking h&ll does Ken O'Keefe still walk these sidelines? That also goes for Kirk Ferentz, if he, by default, is accountable for continuing to support, advocate, manage and promote this as supposedly acceptable preparation and performance.

Enough! This is not rocket science. I used to appreciate Kirk Ferentz's self-deprecating humor and sarcastic wit when he would "joke" about "his sister" being able to see the obvious and how "there are a lot of people smarter than him". I'm convinced more and more with each game, with each season, that this is honest admission!

Great men!! Great ambassadors of the U of Iowa!! Great developers of position-specific talent. Below average coaches utilizing the talent to put the pieces together in a consistent, cohesive attack; even worse adapting to the in-game demands and opportunities.

I'm a nobody in terms of influence and my measly $400 seat contribution is just pee in the ocean (especially because there are dozens of lemmings willing to grab my seat). However, I am to the point that I hope whatever it takes to make the changes necessary to maintain competitiveness in the B1G -- C&rist, simply have a team adequately prepared to play to its abilities AND actually put them in a position for maximum opportunity to succeed -- happens.

Nebraska has a weak defense and they held Iowa in check.

That's just terrible. You have Coker and McNutt and you go out there and totally stink.

It is on the playcalling.

You throw a deep pass into double coverage on 1st down and then run a zone read on 2nd. We call ourselves into 3rd and long with far too much frequency.

Latest posts