KOK's contract @ $540k for 3 years

Why anyone would have a beef with what the coaches are making is beyond me. They probably should be paying more to them all. What's Iowa ranked as a revenue generating program? I bet it's top 20ish? I'm a fan of those that are apart of the money being brought in are who should be benefiting from it. Hence why title 9 should go.. In this ever so 'fair' world that women and minorities all want how on earth are things like that and affirmative action fair? To me it's the opposite of fair but that's just me and my 2 cent political rant. I'll stop there before Deace gets involved haha.

Why anyone would have a beef with what the coaches are making is beyond me...

Is it possible that those that like to go to the games but can no longer afford to do so might have a beef with the escalating salaries?

Is it possible that those that like to go to the games but can no longer afford to do so might have a beef with the escalating salaries?

Most games are not sell outs, so if one cannot drive there and buy from a scalper at less than face value I'd be quite surprised. we could be ISU and charge a lot less and still maybe not have a full stadium and have a lesser team. maybe that would work?

I suppose but to me that's just the way of the world. Some people used to be able to afford a new corvette 30 years ago but can't now due to inflation and whatnot. The rising costs of everything is economic driven. If Iowa fans would not buy tickets the costs would adjust. Although the tie in between coaches salaries and costs of tickets really isn't that close. The TV money alone that the school makes should be covering all the coaches salaries and then some.

For a position coach? Wasn't BF a position coach @ $425k per?

I guess KOK gets the extra $115k for holding somebody's hand next season.
Apparently experience and expertise doesn't mean a guy starts at average wages

Probably Shocking to you.

Maybe. But only if they refuse to acknowledge the fact that it's TV money that's driving college football.

So they'll need to stop watching games on TV to drop salaries, costs, and eventually ticket prices.

Which won't happen because gate tickets will need to go up to make up for lost TV revenue.

Oh man, I can't wait for Dean to come on here and rip these public state employees salary levels. If he had a problem with professors who make 70k and help hundreds of young folks develop into productive members of society every semester, I can't wait for the outrage over this. Going to be EPIC!!!

Why anyone would have a beef with what the coaches are making is beyond me. They probably should be paying more to them all. What's Iowa ranked as a revenue generating program? I bet it's top 20ish? I'm a fan of those that are apart of the money being brought in are who should be benefiting from it. Hence why title 9 should go.. In this ever so 'fair' world that women and minorities all want how on earth are things like that and affirmative action fair? To me it's the opposite of fair but that's just me and my 2 cent political rant. I'll stop there before Deace gets involved haha.
Thank u for stopping

I suppose but to me that's just the way of the world. Some people used to be able to afford a new corvette 30 years ago but can't now due to inflation and whatnot. The rising costs of everything is economic driven. If Iowa fans would not buy tickets the costs would adjust. Although the tie in between coaches salaries and costs of tickets really isn't that close. The TV money alone that the school makes should be covering all the coaches salaries and then some.
I used to buy a new vette every year, I can't now because of whatnots

Oh man, I can't wait for Dean to come on here and rip these public state employees salary levels. If he had a problem with professors who make 70k and help hundreds of young folks develop into productive members of society every semester, I can't wait for the outrage over this. Going to be EPIC!!!

Hey, I just saw this. Isn't your feud with Rob enough to keep you going, you gotta go around picking fights with me as well?

Please tell me you aren't a flat earther who thinks that the Iowa coaches are paid with our tax dollars.

Last edited:
He was Offensive Coordinator and a position coach at the NFL level. With his experience and previous salaries, why should you be surprised he's getting paid more than other position coaches would?

Latest posts