KOK gone per DM Reg

I cannot wait to watch a Dolphins game next fall. The quick 5 yard passes to the flat will be popular in the NFL.

I don't think he is the OC, I thought Miami had that taken care of already, but I could be looking at it wrong. Question is who is he going to be coaching?

Look guys, I don't need your condescending bullsh!t, I know what's going on. With the bad history we've had in players leaving latley, just a thought. I hope you guys are right, which you usually are.

How much recruiting did KOK do? I thought he was a closer type, but I am not a recruiting guy so I do not have a clue.

they all recruit a geographical area. His is the Northeast. On top of that, they can help 'close' and help recruit certain position players outside of their assigned geography.

I am thankful that this happened after signing day. Good work on the staff to get the recruits here and they'll be happy with the replacement. These two hires for Kirk will define him as a head coach.

He'll make two solid hires and we will be happy Hawk fans!

I don't think kids will jump ship that are at Iowa already. They are under a "system" and Kirk is still the man making the calls so I don't know why guys are speculating athletes wanting to transfer because KOK is gone.

Go Hawks!

Yeah, I know that. Jesus. You don't think that if the recruits were not made aware of this, which I hope they were, that it won't affect some of them? I hope not, certainly, but to think otherwise would be ignorant.

I highly doubt this all went down in two days. Only the Browns, Vikings, Bengals, or Raiders would be stupid enough to hire someone after being in contact for two days. And I also highly doubt that Ferentz would have kept the possibility a secret from recruits.

I highly doubt this all went down in two days. Only the Browns, Vikings, Bengals, or Raiders would be stupid enough to hire someone after being in contact for two days. And I also highly doubt that Ferentz would have kept the possibility a secret from recruits.
Me too, just nervous about this class falling apart. Don't really know why anyone would be nervous about kid's leaving, right? LOL

If nothing else, this will help settle the debate of "it's O'Keefe" vs "Ferentz won't let him open up the offense".

Could be very interesting.

I'd be less worried about the new kids that haven't really had a chance to establish a relationship with KOK. Rudock would be my #1 worry.

Well you know damn well he is going to teach his QB the correct way to throw it. So they might as well use it in a game.

I dont think KOK did much as a QB coach to improve his players, witness Jake Christensen who didnt improve in three years.

JVB has not improved in reading blitzes and calling block coverages for them.

I am not as smart at football as KOK but I could see there wasnt improvement in some situations.

Does this mean that his new pro team will be running the two minute "take a knee" offense, or does that stay with us?

they all recruit a geographical area. His is the Northeast. On top of that, they can help 'close' and help recruit certain position players outside of their assigned geography.

Makes sense.....lot of NE recruits had KOK's name associated with it.

Lee Sterling just said on the Miller and Brinson show that he's taking a huge pay cut to go to the Dolphins and was probably asked to leave. Or maybe the Coker thing erked him enough to take a pay cut and just get out of Iowa.

Latest posts