Knight Slams Calipari

Mike and Mike discussed this topic. No one has ever been able to pin a sin on the guy, but the trail behind him is pretty muddy and murky.

Knight knows basketball and he knows what is going on behind the scenes. You may not like the guy's demeanor or tactlessness, but you know where he stands. He didn't say anything that others aren't thinking.

Men's college BBall has some solid honest programs, but it has some real shadowy characters. Calipari being one. Look what we found out about Tim Floyd at U$C.

Mike and Mike discussed this topic. No one has ever been able to pin a sin on the guy, but the trail behind him is pretty muddy and murky.

Knight knows basketball and he knows what is going on behind the scenes. You may not like the guy's demeanor or tactlessness, but you know where he stands. He didn't say anything that others aren't thinking.

Men's college BBall has some solid honest programs, but it has some real shadowy characters. Calipari being one. Look what we found out about Tim Floyd at U$C.
Agreed. You can't question Knight about running a clean program. You can question his demeanor and tact.

Calipari, I believe, is the only coach that has had to vacate Final Four appearances for 2 teams. Kentucky knew what he has done but doesn't care.

UK has a long history of problems so no surprise they hired Coach Cal. Coach Knight is 100 percent right and he will have a 3rd final four vacated with UK.

Once again - the greatest coach in sports - "the General" is right!

NCAA tourney appearances at 3 different schools
3 National Championships
1 undefeated season
1 Olympic Gold Medal
Graduating 97% of his players
A record 902 wins

that pretty much says it all

I wonder what the college basketball landscape would look like if the NCAA really started cracking down on all this kind of shady recruiting stuff. Would the gap between the elite few programs and everyone else be as big as it is today?

someone please correct me if I am wrong but isn't Kentucky the school that was caught actually sending cash in a FedEx envelope to a recruit? They blamed it on an over zealous assistant coach who was fired as I recall.

There is nothing, and I mean nothing these clowns won't do to win.

Once again - the greatest coach in sports - "the General" is right!

I agree that Knight is a good coach, but greatest in sports?

I prefer THE MAN - Dan Gable - for that title.

Right now I'd put Knight on a short list of coaches for any coaching search. He's aweful as a color commentator, but it is obvious he still loves college ball.

I say if he's still available when Lick leaves (which will be, I think, in one to two years), bolt down the chairs in Carver, and ask Bobby to come on in. :)

Bobby Knight is awesome. I wish there were more coaches like him.

You can't argue his results, but I have issue with the way the man got there for sure.

INTEGRITY- Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.

It is funny Bobby Knight is questioning Calipari, because Bobby Knight has zero integrity.

He is a bully, and a complete assh**e by many accounts.

This describes Bobby Knight and people who back him very well.

The Classic Bully

People question Alford's antics then they support Bobby Knight? Where is the consistency?

I agree that Knight is a good coach, but greatest in sports?

I prefer THE MAN - Dan Gable - for that title.

Right now I'd put Knight on a short list of coaches for any coaching search. He's aweful as a color commentator, but it is obvious he still loves college ball.

I say if he's still available when Lick leaves (which will be, I think, in one to two years), bolt down the chairs in Carver, and ask Bobby to come on in. :)

I actually love him as a color commentator. When he breaks down x's and o's I actually feel like I am learning something. I think the expression is that he has forgotten more about basketball than I will ever know, and I get that when I listen to him do games.

What I didn't know was that "student-athetes" don't have to go to class in the 2nd semester and they can still compete.

This was taken from the Knight article:

He urged the governing body's administration to require tournament teams to submit eligibility reports, an effort to assure that players who are competing in postseason games have been attending classes and earning acceptable grades.
"Very few people know this, but a kid can play the first semester as a freshman, pass six hours of anything and play in the NCAA tournament without ever attending a class in the second semester. I don't think that's right."

Last edited:
someone please correct me if I am wrong but isn't Kentucky the school that was caught actually sending cash in a FedEx envelope to a recruit? They blamed it on an over zealous assistant coach who was fired as I recall.

There is nothing, and I mean nothing these clowns won't do to win.

Three years after the scandal that stained Kentucky, its - 02.11.91 - SI Vault

It was an Emery envelope.

Google "Kentucky Basketball Scandal" you will find all kinds of corruption.

Not only more coaches, but more PEOPLE.... he is honest, straight forward, and doesn't candy coat what he says for the "sensitive" people so they like him.

Yep. You'd have to be PC or sensative person not to like Bobby Knight. He should rip Calipari. That guy is a scum bag. I don't get why ESPN loves him so much?

Calipari is a snake and Bobby is right on. When smoke starts to surface he just bolts to another, higher paying job

Iowa seems to be at a huge disadvantage by not cheating. Ever since Craig Neal left we havent done anything remotely shady

Latest posts