Kittle and the niners

It was also good to see the Pats struggle and maybe we see some new teams in the Super Bowl. I am not a Pats or Brady hater nor lover but they have won enough. Look what happens when a team like the Falcons blows a super bowl and then starts going downhill. Most teams only have one chance every so many years.

I have liked the Chiefs since the early 60's and would love to see them win it but again they have to get over that final hurdle. The Chiefs have great offensive weapons and a better defense but still their defense is not elite.

With still one more year on his rookie contract, he's probably the biggest bargain in the NFL right now. Probably a TE market setting extension on the way soon.

Also a great bargain for the U of Iowa. He is giving them millions of dollars worth of marketing for $0. Iowa Football is on the radar of many across the country solely because of Kittle.

Just wait until Wirs and AJE both go top-10, all of the 5*'s will be beating down our door.

Also a great bargain for the U of Iowa. He is giving them millions of dollars worth of marketing for $0. Iowa Football is on the radar of many across the country solely because of Kittle.

Just wait until Wirs and AJE both go top-10, all of the 5*'s will be beating down our door.

I hate to disappoint, but that last part won't happen. 5*'s aren't going to all of a sudden come to Iowa because he have a high draft pick at their position. It will be same at is ever was with 5* kids choosing blue bloods.

I hate to disappoint, but that last part won't happen. 5*'s aren't going to all of a sudden come to Iowa because he have a high draft pick at their position. It will be same at is ever was with 5* kids choosing blue bloods.

Yeah, I know. It has to help our steady climb up in the talent department, though.

Yeah, I know. It has to help our steady climb up in the talent department, though.

I think you are right there, I mean what it does is get the high 3* kid (the kids who should obviously be a 4* from offers alone) like Elijah Yelverton. I mean he had offers from Penn St., Michigan, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU and Oregon.

With still one more year on his rookie contract, he's probably the biggest bargain in the NFL right now. Probably a TE market setting extension on the way soon.
If they're smart they would... It'll only get more expensive to try waiting a yr. Why some teams wait is beyond me. I mean when you know you know. There's no doubt Kittle is what we think he is. Lock him up. By not doing it you just bread contemptment and it could possibly (not saying it will in his case) get a player to want to test FA. Talk about the last thing the 49ers should want. They've had to have made a ton off of jersey, Tshirts and all kinds of merchandising off of him. So yeah lock the dude up after this year and do right by him.

Probably not with the position he plays at TE, but could George Kittle possibly wion an NFL MVP award. If San Fran goes on to get to the Superbowl or win it, could that happen. He is so important to that team and instrumental in what they do on offense. Plus, his attitude on the team. He has become somewhat of a team leader on that team.

Probably not with the position he plays at TE, but could George Kittle possibly wion an NFL MVP award. If San Fran goes on to get to the Superbowl or win it, could that happen. He is so important to that team and instrumental in what they do on offense. Plus, his attitude on the team. He has become somewhat of a team leader on that team.
yeah he was out two games, they lost them both. they've lost one game when kittle played this year and it was on the last play of the game. so yeah, he's fairly important. he and Sherman are the obvious two leaders on the field for them.

Washington Post had an article on the NFL Playoffs and gave George Kittle a very nice shoutout

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/FMfcgxwGCbCPbzjrFgZQVHkxqTRwfxNq

NFC No. 1 seed: San Francisco 49ers (13-3)

The 49ers are a classic post-hype sleeper. At the start of 2018, when they were coming off a 5-0 finish behind new quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, they were a chic choice to contend in the NFC. Instead, Garoppolo got hurt and San Francisco compiled the second-worst record in the NFL. The performance enabled them to draft pass rusher Nick Bosa, a stroke of good fortune that has contributed to Kyle Shanahan’s long-awaited breakout as a head coach. Tight end George Kittle is a superstar in the making, and his ruggedness embodies San Francisco’s physical style.

Alright Alright Alright

:cool:

Kittle’s exuberance is infectious and genuine an oddity in today’s NFL. One of the Twitter responses says that George is a “human Labrador Retriever”. Pretty much spot on.

This is crazy ... Shanahan tells the ref what is going to happen ... and it happens. Flag for holding against Kittle!

This is crazy ... Shanahan tells the ref what is going to happen ... and it happens. Flag for holding against Kittle!

High-level football coaches are amazing human beings. Listening to them talk schemes is like listening to astronomers talk physics. The amount of moving parts on an P5 or NFL football team is just mid-boggling.

I'm a baseball guy, but no other sport even comes within the same area code of complexity compared to P5/NFL football.

If a receiver or TEnd were to have a monster season in yards, big time plays, and lots of TDs they could win it but they would have to have a ton of catches since QBs have the ball in their hand every offensive snap and a running back like a DHenry could tote it 20+ a game. Those stats and touches are huge so a receiver would need to avg about 8-10 catches a game.

Latest posts