Kirk’s best coaching staff?

If the bowl game exposed the 15 team as frauds, then I guess the 02 team was a fraud too.

Fair enough but that 2002 USC team, by the time we played them, was becoming what we saw from them the next few years after. In a word, elite. That game was also tied at halftime despite the Hawks leaving tons of points on the field. Second half did get ugly.

Iowa was never competitive against Stanford in '15. That game was blowout city from the opening snap, regardless of whatever excuse people want to come up with.

That '02 team blew out Michigan in the big house, and also won @PSU. They had more impressive W's.

2002 > 2015 all day long, at least IMO.

Anyway, my answer to this thread is also the staff that was responsible for three straight Top 10 finishes from 2002-04. We haven't come close to that level of sustained success since.

Last edited:
I gotta admit BF seems to be growing each year and building towards....something. Hopefully it continues, but I'm not about to say they're the best staff

Of course next year we have to break in a new QB so it could be back to square one as well
Seth Wallace 100% will be a DC someday and probably a head coach.

Fair enough but that 2002 USC team, by the time we played them, was becoming what we saw from them the next few years after. In a word, elite. That game was also tied at halftime despite the Hawks leaving tons of points on the field. Second half did get ugly.

Iowa was never competitive against Stanford in '15. That game was blowout city from the opening snap, regardless of whatever excuse people want to come up with.

That '02 team blew out Michigan in the big house, and also won @PSU. They had more impressive W's.

2002 > 2015 all day long, at least IMO.

Anyway, my answer to this thread is also the staff that was responsible for three straight Top 10 finishes from 2002-04. We haven't come close to that level of sustained success since.

No doubt the 02 team was better. His point that one game exposes a team was stupid tho. Also both games had one ok half and one horrible half. Fairly equal, even tho it looks better to hang around early and get blown out late than to get blown out early then play better late. The '15 team just had a horrible start.

No doubt the 02 team was better. His point that one game exposes a team was stupid tho. Also both games had one ok half and one horrible half. Fairly equal, even tho it looks better to hang around early and get blown out late than to get blown out early then play better late. The '15 team just had a horrible start.
Wow. The stanford game was over after the first quarter. It was clear to America that the farm boys were overmatched and stuck in quicksand...as was the staff. Same players and coaches that went 12-0 against other slower teams. Again, to believe otherwise is drinking the kf kool aid which is fine. I’m sure it makes going through life more enjoyable, but I tend to drive in the reality lane.

Wow. The stanford game was over after the first quarter. It was clear to America that the farm boys were overmatched and stuck in quicksand...as was the staff. Same players and coaches that went 12-0 against other slower teams. Again, to believe otherwise is drinking the kf kool aid which is fine. I’m sure it makes going through life more enjoyable, but I tend to drive in the reality lane.

Pretty much anything that anyone posts counter to you "is drinking the kf kool aid" - as THE most disagreeable person here (along with Caddy, I'm convinced you're the same person or at least related) why do you even still post here?

They made about 3 huge plays early. After that it was a pretty even game. Do you think Stanford decided to play slower after getting up big? Or did the hawks just wake up? Or a combination of both? I think the pick CJ through ended the game. We were moving the ball then. If we go down and get 7 we still had a chance. They made another big play instead and made it look worse than it was.

If I remember right they scored on the first offensive play, had a pick 6, and had a punt return td. When one team makes 3 big plays like that against a fairly equal team, it ends up a blowout. Just like we made big plays against a way faster Ohio State and blew them out. The whole "team speed" arguement is as dumb as your "one game exposed" us arguement.

They made about 3 huge plays early. After that it was a pretty even game. Do you think Stanford decided to play slower after getting up big? Or did the hawks just wake up? Or a combination of both? I think the pick CJ through ended the game. We were moving the ball then. If we go down and get 7 we still had a chance. They made another big play instead and made it look worse than it was.

If I remember right they scored on the first offensive play, had a pick 6, and had a punt return td. When one team makes 3 big plays like that against a fairly equal team, it ends up a blowout. Just like we made big plays against a way faster Ohio State and blew them out. The whole "team speed" arguement is as dumb as your "one game exposed" us arguement.
You do remember it was 35-0 at the half right? 38-0 in the third! We were totally out classed and out coached. There was no Hawkeye wake up in the second half either that is just a dumb claim. It was a great season helped out by an easy schedule. We had a good team that year but nowhere close to a top 5 caliber team. Any of the teams in the playoff aside from Sparty would’ve blown us out.

You do remember it was 35-0 at the half right? 38-0 in the third! We were totally out classed and out coached. There was no Hawkeye wake up in the second half either that is just a dumb claim. It was a great season helped out by an easy schedule. We had a good team that year but nowhere close to a top 5 caliber team. Any of the teams in the playoff aside from Sparty would’ve blown us out.

I do. But without those 3 huge plays it wouldn't have been near as bad. Like I said, when a comparable team plays better AND makes all the big plays, you get 35-0. We play them 9 more times and they probably don't have that big of a lead again. It was the perfect storm of bad. They out classed us on that one day. It happens all the time. It doesn't mean they were that much better of a team. Just like it doesn't mean we were a way better team than Ohio State when we crushed them.

Pretty much anything that anyone posts counter to you "is drinking the kf kool aid" - as THE most disagreeable person here (along with Caddy, I'm convinced you're the same person or at least related) why do you even still post here?
He's a master at backpedaling and moving the goalposts. The only evidence that ever counts is his.

Latest posts