Kirk Speraw currently in Iowa City to interview

Very interesting. I can't think of a reason why Speraw would be interested in hanging out at such a tournament unless he had a pretty good idea he'd be coaching somewhere next season, esp. somewhere in Iowa.

If he were already hired he would not be permitted to be there. So, does this mean Caff and Kirk (now there's a nickname in the making--"Caff'nKirk"--sound familiar?) are trying to get a little extra mileage out of Kirk before he's formally hired?

I really like Speraw...would LOVE to see him on staff. before the whole "hitting player" incident, which I think was overblown. he was one of the guys I wanted to see get a shot here at hc even.

Speraw had a "hitting player" incident?

Jim Leavitt, former Iowa assistant football coach was fired from South Florida for hitting a player. I had not heard anything like that about Speraw.

I will be shocked if an announcment is not made indicating that Kirk is an assistant within the week.

I like that he has recruited out of Whitney Young, all the way down at UCF. Plus if he was able to get Jordan's kid he must be willing to deal to some extent.

It was either a Gazette blog or one of the two other sites, I can't remember, but I do know a local sportwriter was quoted as saying Speraw was not respected as a great recruiter, but that he could coach; don't really know---I do remember him being here with Lute; Mac had said in the PC interview that he still had interviews coming, and would for the next couple of weeks, so he' really being thorough and exhausting the list of viable candidates. I think the slowness of the whole process with assistants and recruits alike, bodes well for the program.
Mac seems to be very confident he'll get what he needs to do it here.

I really like Speraw...would LOVE to see him on staff. before the whole "hitting player" incident, which I think was overblown. he was one of the guys I wanted to see get a shot here at hc even.

Probably want to chage that avatar; he aint coming.

Speraw had a "hitting player" incident?

Jim Leavitt, former Iowa assistant football coach was fired from South Florida for hitting a player. I had not heard anything like that about Speraw.

You're right I got the two confused...they just let Speraw go...My bad...Still would like him though...
Yeah I know...it was never really possible anyways. and I don't really remember how to change the avatar so...

Kirk Speraw would be a great addition. He certainly has a strong coaching background, is an Iowa guy, and hopefully still knows how to find & bring talent in from Florida.

Iowa would be insane not to hire Kirk. Hell, he'd make a good head coach.

I'd assume if hired he'd be the associate head coach. What an awesome hire, if it happens...a huge upgrade for the Iowa program.

Latest posts