Kirk Ferentz, family in middle of land development dispute in Johnson County

Why don them rich NIMBYs just suck it up!

Seriously, a tough call. I'm generally opposed to rezones as it constitutes changing the rules after the game has started. But if you never ever allowed rezones, most places couldn't accomodate growth.

If the rezone goes through, the Ferentz family could buy some or all of the property, but they'd have to match or beat the developers' offer which will be millions as it's not based on farm use.

Last edited:
That sucks but I cant feel too bad when youve got tons of money and tons of time to fight this. Is this the states way of firing Kirk davis? So you can keep running that offense but we are going to put five highways through your property and also there will be a trailer park set up right next to your driveway. Lose to Central Michigan one more time and we will ban stick built housing in your area and require you level your house and move into a single wide.

I'm with the Ferentz's on this one. Where I grew up we owned the land on all sides of our property, so nobody could ever build near us unless we gave the ok. Closest neighbor was 1/4 mile away, and it was great. Now, if you had built a property with the assumption nobody could build behind you, then it would suck if it was changed so now you would have many neighbors. Also, why do people like these "rural" subdivisions. You have just moved the town a mile out and now you still have a ton of neighbors. That is not country living. I don't understand it and think these type of subdivisions are pointless. However, on the other, very contradictory, han I'm ok with it because then I don't have 80 families trying to buy my prime farm ground to put a house on and getting to close to me.

fortunately if you own a farm, whether 20 or 640 acres on it, you can only split it one time to build a house in Johnson county. so I'm safe ;)

Kurt's wife sounds like an elitist snob.

So, a developer wants to build a road through the middle of her (their) property and she resists, therefore immediately becoming an "elitist snob." Wow. Your reasoning powers are something to behold.

So honest question but is this thread supposed to be based on Kirk's contract? Regardless of how much money he has I take issue with anyone having to go through this process. I get what Johnson County is doing, but I don't necessarily think it's the right thing to do regardless of who it affects. I'd take issue with this too, regardless of how much I made or my status in the community. How dare anyone want to protect and maintain the land around their house.

The real sad part of the situation is the land in question used to be owned by a person who opposed this very type of development.

The real sad part of the situation is the land in question used to be owned by a person who opposed this very type of development.

Agreed. And if it was me I would be just as ****** as they are.

I don't think I would be to happy if this was going up near my property either.

bilde

From the Read
Terry Dahms, has recused himself from the commission while running for an open supervisor seat.

How convenient.

Please explain why that is sad. That person no longer owns the land. The Native Americans prolly aren't too happy about the Hoover Dam or the Sears Tower, so does that mean we shouldn't have built those?

Please explain why that is sad. That person no longer owns the land. The Native Americans prolly aren't too happy about the Hoover Dam or the Sears Tower, so does that mean we shouldn't have built those?

Shouldn't have been done the way it was, at any rate. We straight up stole their land.

Shouldn't have been done the way it was, at any rate. We straight up stole their land.

Not to mention making them walk hundreds of miles to their new "homes." People nowadays would be ****** to drive that far to be relocated.

This is going to create jobs and provide homes for the community. Nothing is forever and the only constant is change Mary.

This would never have happened to 2004 Kirk Ferentz. He must have gotten lazy in his asset protection.

Latest posts