Kirk Ferentz, family in middle of land development dispute in Johnson County

On a side note, I wish I was at the hearing--that speech with the apple prop must have been riveting. Probably ranked right up there with Daniel Webster's "rope of sand" speech.

Rich people should neither have opinions nor voice said opinions at zoning hearings. They have money, do they really need free speech?

WIN MORE FOOTBALL GAMES OR WE TAKE YOUR LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine if that happened and there was an eminent domain jury convened to come up with the measure of just compensation that had Barta on it? They'd roll Kurt up there and he'd give some sob story and next thing you know, bam, $20 million for 10 acres of Kurt's land. I mean, sure, it would still be a better value for Iowans than the football contract, but it would still be pretty outrageous.

In all seriousness though...Kurt is a one percenter. I'm sure he'll line whatever pocket needed and keep his precious timber land to himself.

Can you imagine if that happened and there was an eminent domain jury convened to come up with the measure of just compensation that had Barta on it? They'd roll Kurt up there and he'd give some sob story and next thing you know, bam, $20 million for 10 acres of Kurt's land. I mean, sure, it would still be a better value for Iowans than the football contract, but it would still be pretty outrageous.

LOL...well done.

I still think the practice facility should have been built on the Ferentz's land. Then we could have tailgated inside the bubble.

Please explain why that is sad. That person no longer owns the land. The Native Americans prolly aren't too happy about the Hoover Dam or the Sears Tower, so does that mean we shouldn't have built those?

I'm not saying the developer doesn't have the right to proceed with the land however they desire. It's sad that the family of the deceased didn't/couldn't keep the land from going that direction knowing the previous owners' feelings towards those types of projects.

Latest posts