Kirk extended until 2020

Let me start off by saying I've never criticized an Iowa coach in any sport under any circumstances, Alford, Lick, Fry, Ferentz, O'Keefe, etc., these are all great coaches who have fought hard for Iowa. Some people, however, thought that Coach Fry stuck around a little too long. If we have a few bad years toward the end of that contract, will the haters use those years to tarnish the Ferentz legacy in the same manner they attempt to smudge Hayden's legacy?

Kirk is a great coach and a great person. Iowa fans are lucky to have him and he deserves to be there as long as he wants. IMO the best part about Kirk is that he's so easy to work under. He has the ability to be THE leader but still lets his coaches coach without being too overbearing. Just look at the continuity he's had on his staff. Norm has said he wouldn't want to coach anywhere or for anyone else. I'm sure his assistants get quiet offers all the time, but most of them stay because they love their jobs. Sure some of the younger ones have left, but you can't blame them if they have higher aspirations and goals.

Anyways sorry for the rambling... this is great news for me.

Funny how so many people forget how happy they were when Barta extended Kirk's contract to 2020.
I got sick of the Kirk bashing so I thought I'd bring this thread back.

Let me start off by saying I've never criticized an Iowa coach in any sport under any circumstances, Alford, Lick, Fry, Ferentz, O'Keefe, etc., these are all great coaches who have fought hard for Iowa. Some people, however, thought that Coach Fry stuck around a little too long. If we have a few bad years toward the end of that contract, will the haters use those years to tarnish the Ferentz legacy in the same manner they attempt to smudge Hayden's legacy?

Prophet.

PLEASE DON'T BANNED ME!!! BUT!! Putting down my black and gold beverage, and taking the glasses off---

this is also a good business move on KF part.... strike while the iron is hot---and right now, with the "excitement" for this year--- why not? just saying..... if we were to bomb and go say 8-4 - or do i dare even say we have a total weee wuuu weee wuuu and go 6-6..... probably not going to want to extend till 2020...... just saying!

i for one.... even if we went 6-6 i would still support the coach (as i did in 06 and 07)

Why doesn't this guy post more?

No, I'm just a man who has followed Iowa athletics for a long time. And I could have never foreseen the below mediocrity that overcame the team immediately following O'Keefe's departure. I surely didn't think we'd be around a 4 win team by this season at the time I wrote that (though my pre-season call this year was 3-9 after the Davis Tire Fire came to town).

I started reading without noting the date and was thinking this has the best sarcasm thread ever. Then I looked at the date

I started reading without noting the date and was thinking this has the best sarcasm thread ever. Then I looked at the date

Me too. I was baffled for a few minutes. Really a bunch of very positive responses. People had had a new world view over the new year. I couldn't figure it out.

ups-truck-accident-this-thread-delivers-heHYAN.jpg

I'll fess up. I remember being happy about the extension when it happened. Now in hindsight, not sure it was a great move.

Even today I don't have an issue with the extension itself, but the cost to buy him out that seems out of line.

This says exactly what I've been thinking for a few years... KF wants to retire an Iowa Hawkeye. The biggest influence in his life has been Hayden, and it looks like he wants to follow in his footsteps... this is awsome.
BWAAAAAAAAHAAAAHHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAA!!!!!

Latest posts