Kinnick Stadium Open to Full Capacity

How do people feel about this? Is it too early? Will it be safe? Will you go?

Interesting comment from the AD:

“We are coming off one of the most successful athletic seasons in program history and are looking forward to continuing that momentum. Having our fans in the stands, cheering on our student-athletes, will only add to the success.”

To refresh your recollection, the football team was 6-2 and didn't play in the post-season. The basketball team was better than usual but got beaten handily by most teams they played that had a pulse and of course exited in the round of 32 in the tournament. Pretty sad if this constitutes one of our most successful athletic seasons. Ugh.

I guess I get your point that its hard to get excited about football even though the football team ended the season on a 6 game win streak, including wins over MSU, PSU and Wiscy.

But then the season just kind of stopped. Iowa did not get a chance to play East runner-up Indiana during champions week because Indiana canceled its last 2 games. If Iowa would have played and beat Indiana, that could possibly led to a NY6 bowl bid.

Then Iowa did not get a chance to play Michigan during champions week because Michigan canceled.

Then Iowa did not get to play in its bowl game because Mizzou canceled.

So last season had this feel that it fizzled out at the end even though in reality Iowa finished strong and was ranked in the top 15.

We could be Nebraska. Or Rutgers. Or KSU...or (name the dog)

Wrestlers won the B1Gs and the NCAA.

Women's BB was runner up in the B1G tourney and made the sweet 16.

Count your blessings.

Last edited:
B

“We are coming off one of the most successful athletic seasons in program history and are looking forward to continuing that momentum. Having our fans in the stands, cheering on our student-athletes, will only add to the success.”

To refresh your recollection, the football team was 6-2 and didn't play in the post-season. The basketball team was better than usual but got beaten handily by most teams they played that had a pulse and of course exited in the round of 32 in the tournament. Pretty sad if this constitutes one of our most successful athletic seasons. Ugh.
Boy this couldnt be more wrong.

Operative words “one of”, which isn’t saying much.

I do suspect this upcoming year could be one of those surprise seasons that Kirk pulls out of his hat once in a blue moon. The talent is there and Iowa is already being considered a dark horse to win the West and give the East champ all they want.

Let’s hope so as we are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over due in football.

Why is Iowa a dark horse to win the West? By just about every prediction I have seen, Iowa is either picked to win or come in second. I have high expectations, and believe we should be considered the favorite to win given last season and what we have coming back.

Iowa almost always finishes 2nd or 3rd. Once every 10 years they finish 1st, once every 10 years they finish last. Once every 10 years they finish 4th. Otherwise its always 2nd or 3rd.

Iowa’s past win/loss records mean virtually nothing to me. They have no impact on what happens in 2021. Or 2022. On and on. The past years are nothing more than a curiosity.

Without the train, or an expensive tailgate spot, good luck in parking within a mile of Kinnick.

Without the train, or an expensive tailgate spot, good luck in parking within a mile of Kinnick.
I’m guessing that without the train there’s going to be a gigantic clusterfuck of such epic proportions the first week, that the U is going to have to implement some sort of national emergency-level thing to quell the week 2 riots.

Followed by the reintroduction of the train and Farta saying it wasn't his idea to get rid of it.

Seriously though, I think they're underestimating the size of the crowd that rode that thing every week. It's not so evident on the arrival side because people are making their way spread out over different times, but at the end of the game it's a fucking huge pile of people waiting to get on.

Latest posts