Kingsbury (no not that one)

Hawkfnntn

Kliff just got fired by the Cards. Had like 5 more yrs on his contract left but Cards fired him and are gonna owe him a shit ton to not coach em anymore. I'm sure there's less then a 5% chance of this even crossing KFs mind let alone happening but what about bringing on a guy like him to be OC/QB coach... Would Kingsbury even be interested? I don't think he'll get another HC offer right away. Certainly not in the pros so being an OC again seems to be in the cards.

I would say that bringing him on would surely qualify as shaking things up. I don't think he'd fit in well but the guy knows O and has coached and developed some great Qbs....

Just realized I put this in the basketball forum.... My bad

LOL. Guy goes from a HC in the NFL to the OC of the worst offensive team in college, working for a coach that won't fire his son and even if he did will require the next OC to be just as conservative and bland as the last three OCs that the HC has hired?

This is a serious question? :)

LOL. Guy goes from a HC in the NFL to the OC of the worst offensive team in college, working for a coach that won't fire his son and even if he did will require the next OC to be just as conservative and bland as the last three OCs that the HC has hired?

This is a serious question? :)
I mean chatter is things are changing. I'm just throwing out there what'd be about the most drastic of drastic things that could be done. I don't disagree with ya one bit. I wouldn't believe it till it happened either.

I mean chatter is things are changing. I'm just throwing out there what'd be about the most drastic of drastic things that could be done. I don't disagree with ya one bit. I wouldn't believe it till it happened either.
There is change, and then there is unicorns living in my basement. With respect, this is the type of crap we make fun of Husker fans for all the time. I don't want that delusional posting to flow the other way. Picture some Husker fan reading this thread and going back to MouthBreathingHuskerFans.com and posting: "the dumb Iowa fans think that they can land Kingsbury as their OC. What a bunch of delusional idiots."

There is change, and then there is unicorns living in my basement. With respect, this is the type of crap we make fun of Husker fans for all the time. I don't want that delusional posting to flow the other way. Picture some Husker fan reading this thread and going back to MouthBreathingHuskerFans.com and posting: "the dumb Iowa fans think that they can land Kingsbury as their OC. What a bunch of delusional idiots."
I clearly put disclaimers to what I said on it. By no means is there any seriousness to it. There's better odds of Proctor changing his mind and flipping to Iowa again then this happening. It's a two way street Kingsbury would have to want to come to Iowa too and he'll have a lot of options and Iowa wouldn't be anywhere near the top of his list

That said I couldn't care less what Husker fans think about damn near anything.

I think KIngsbury would be able to get a HC job in college if he chose.
Possibly. Probably not a real high profile one though. I would guess that he'll be an OC either in the pros or college next yr. Assuming he doesn't just take a yr off. But he'll be in high demand and have lots of offers from all over

He will be on a pregame show for a couple years before a desperate Big12 team pays him a fortune to score 45 points a game and give up 50.

Kliff just got fired by the Cards. Had like 5 more yrs on his contract left but Cards fired him and are gonna owe him a shit ton to not coach em anymore. I'm sure there's less then a 5% chance of this even crossing KFs mind let alone happening but what about bringing on a guy like him to be OC/QB coach... Would Kingsbury even be interested? I don't think he'll get another HC offer right away. Certainly not in the pros so being an OC again seems to be in the cards.

I would say that bringing him on would surely qualify as shaking things up. I don't think he'd fit in well but the guy knows O and has coached and developed some great Qbs....

Just realized I put this in the basketball forum.... My bad
I enjoyed the post anyway!

I clearly put disclaimers to what I said on it. By no means is there any seriousness to it. There's better odds of Proctor changing his mind and flipping to Iowa again then this happening. It's a two way street Kingsbury would have to want to come to Iowa too and he'll have a lot of options and Iowa wouldn't be anywhere near the top of his list

That said I couldn't care less what Husker fans think about damn near anything.
Speaking of Nebraska, I see they just nabbed an experienced WR from Virginia who's caught a lot of balls for a lot of yards.

Latest posts