Kids Wrestling Tournaments

pumpdog20

Let's use this thread to do the following:

-Give info on upcoming tournaments
-Show appreciation for events done in the past
-Show pride in your kid's performance

I went to the tournament in Gilbert last Friday. I must say, the trophies they give out are awesome. My kid wrestled in the K-2 division, and everyone got a trophy (size depended on place). Ran extremely well, and the young men who reffed were extremely patient with the wrestlers. Great job on their part.

Plus my kid got second, so mom and dad are proud of his effort.

I went to one a year or so ago because my nephew wrassled in it. For the most part it was ok, lots of little kids having fun, kind of just crasing into each other but there was def a bad side to it for sure. There were more than a few psychotic dads and coaches trying to make up for their own shortcomings for sure. It was a great laugh.

I went to the tournament in Gilbert last Friday. I must say, the trophies they give out are awesome. My kid wrestled in the K-2 division, and everyone got a trophy (size depended on place). Ran extremely well, and the young men who reffed were extremely patient with the wrestlers. Great job on their part.

Plus my kid got second, so mom and dad are proud of his effort.
[video=youtube;4XK52HUFBBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XK52HUFBBw[/video]

A few upcoming that we are attending.
Dec 9th--Marion HS--Developmental tournament for 1st and 2nd year wrestlers

Dec 16th--LinnMar HS--Developmental Tournament for 1st and 2nd year wrestlers

Dec 16th Cedar Rapids Prairie Hammerin' Hawks Christmas Tournament: 8 man brackets. Wrestler for true 3rd. Great competition. Typically have a number of out of State come over to this one.

Jan 6th--Linn Mar HS--Competitive tournament. One of the better run tournament in the area. Again, very good competition.

Jan 13th--Cedar Rapids Jefferson--good tournament for those younger wrestlers or those without a ton of experience.

How do those developmental tournaments go; are they TD tournaments, or when a pin happens, they start over?

Developmental tournaments: The kids are allowed to wrestle. The don't score the match, but do call pins. If there is a pin, the kids go back on to their feet and start over. Give the newer wrestlers that chance to get some mat time. At the end, both kids get their hands raised. It is the ultimate in "everyone gets a ribbon" kind of thing, but more importantly, it gives the very new wrestlers the chance to get on the mat.

In all honesty I think youth wrestling borders on child abuse.

I am going to guess that some kid made Duff "toss his own salad" in a kiddie wrestling tournament.

In all seriousness, the parents make the tournament for the kids. I usually ref at my hometown tourney. There have been a few dads that I wanted to strangle, and their kids clearly hated wrestling because of the pressure they felt. Monroe is where this tourney occurs, and I have rarely ever witnessed any real problems.

A few upcoming that we are attending.
Dec 9th--Marion HS--Developmental tournament for 1st and 2nd year wrestlers

Dec 16th--LinnMar HS--Developmental Tournament for 1st and 2nd year wrestlers

Dec 16th Cedar Rapids Prairie Hammerin' Hawks Christmas Tournament: 8 man brackets. Wrestler for true 3rd. Great competition. Typically have a number of out of State come over to this one.

Jan 6th--Linn Mar HS--Competitive tournament. One of the better run tournament in the area. Again, very good competition.

Jan 13th--Cedar Rapids Jefferson--good tournament for those younger wrestlers or those without a ton of experience.

any online info about Jefferson?....I think we were looking at going to Solon that day as of this moment but that could change

any online info about Jefferson?....I think we were looking at going to Solon that day as of this moment but that could change

I got an email containing the sign in sheet for the Jefferson tournament. Shoot me your email on a PM and I will forward it to you.

i wish the predicament had all the tournaments online like they do now when i was little. pump prolly won't sticky this thread sorry

Latest posts