Kicked off the team

I believe that once the fumble started to occur, Ross was merely trying to bat the ball to Stanley. That's how I saw it anyway

He'll probably wish he was kicked off the team when he gets ripped in the team meetings this week.:p

It's funny...you guys are focused on the fumble, I'm trying to figure out what we were doing in short yardage last night. Line up...and blow them off the ball or sneak it with your 250 pound QB. I know the FB run has worked...but so does the competition...at least have TE on that side of the ball...to prevent the DE slanting down and blowing things up.

Don’t care what happened. Ball security is a must, and he will be on a short leash for a while.
Short List and kicked off the team are two different things.

But some on this site are too drunk to walk a straight line

The fumble didn't seem to be a "mistake" from Ross, they just grabbed him from behind and the ball got free. The play blew up. Perhaps it was a bad play call or Miami sniffed it out or perhaps blocks were missed or all of the above. Fumbles happen, you try to avoid them the best you can.

Ross and the FB position is a head banging experience and you need to be dedicated and tough to do it. There is little statistical evidence when you are doing well, but lots of it when things don't work out.

To me it is a non issue, there was no malicious or wild selfish attempt to do something that wasn't there. Get back in, keep doing what you are doing. Great job Ross.

The real question at hand, what percentage of FBS teams actually still us a fullback in their offense? I’ll hang up and listen.
So when so many are zigging you want to zig.

Cats are skinned only one way?

The fumble didn't seem to be a "mistake" from Ross, they just grabbed him from behind and the ball got free. The play blew up. Perhaps it was a bad play call or Miami sniffed it out or perhaps blocks were missed or all of the above. Fumbles happen, you try to avoid them the best you can.

Ross and the FB position is a head banging experience and you need to be dedicated and tough to do it. There is little statistical evidence when you are doing well, but lots of it when things don't work out.

To me it is a non issue, there was no malicious or wild selfish attempt to do something that wasn't there. Get back in, keep doing what you are doing. Great job Ross.
Agreed. In his defense, the FB Dive-for-a-yard was used--and worked--earlier. And frankly, it's sort of a oe-and-done for most games. QB sneak has been much more effective for us in recent years.

OC issue...OJT

Except we did the same thing during the Fry years, as well. Fry Era fullbacks were a bit different than the ones we use now, but basically, the FB dive stopped being a true "weapon" when they abandoned leather helmets and the Wishbone.

Except we did the same thing during the Fry years, as well. Fry Era fullbacks were a bit different than the ones we use now, but basically, the FB dive stopped being a true "weapon" when they abandoned leather helmets and the Wishbone.
Iowa isn't what one would call "cutting edge" football theory.

He clearly tried to lateral it to Stanley. clearly. wasn't losing it. he tried to lateral it to Stanley. real time, slow motion, whatever, doesn't matter, he was clearly trying to toss it to Stanley.

I would rather see us just run our regular offense in 3rd and short. This whole 3 TE 1 FB stuff that just clogs everything up has to go. In the last 3 years, we are avg’ing only 1.8 ypp in 3rd and 3 or less and only converting about 58% into 1st downs. That’s dead last in the B1G. By contrast, Rutgers, who is 13th, avgs 3.5 ypp...almost double our production. Just ditch 23 altogether.

I would rather see us just run our regular offense in 3rd and short. This whole 3 TE 1 FB stuff that just clogs everything up has to go. In the last 3 years, we are avg’ing only 1.8 ypp in 3rd and 3 or less and only converting about 58% into 1st downs. That’s dead last in the B1G. By contrast, Rutgers, who is 13th, avgs 3.5 ypp...almost double our production. Just ditch 23 altogether.
Those aren't good results, please read this Kirk & Son!

Latest posts