KF sits DJK because Sandeman had better week of practice

If that is really true, you know what is even worse than that. We threw to him once the whole game and Sandeman caught the ball for 10 yards in the first quarter. Never threw to him again.

I doubt anyone on our defense had the heart to actually get in a fight. But if there was a fight I would imagine Clayborn just watched it happen while he was trying to catch his breath down on one knee nearby.

He probably walked out into the hall to get away so he doesn't get hurt since he is going to be getting "paid" next year.

Too much blame on the players. It looked to me like AC was playing not to get hurt and many others mailed it in. But put yourself in AC's shoes. He sacrificed a ton for this program and in return did we ever see KF jump on the officials or other coaches for the "tactics" used against AC? Did we see anything in the way of game planning to suggest KF and staff are as dedicated to winning as the players? I don't agree with ever quitting, but I can see why several on the team quit on this coaching staff.

What is the big deal that he did not start? Did he not get starter reps? Plus, i thought he played with a lot of intensity.

As a fan, i enjoy watching DJK. He's explosive and fun to watch. I wonder what kind of a teammate he is. I have heard some things,but they are just speculation and i dont want to share. My questions is, why didnt anyone come to his back when he got shoved 10 yards through the sideline. Where were his teammates to help him out? Seems nobody had his back

What is the big deal that he did not start? Did he not get starter reps? Plus, i thought he played with a lot of intensity.

As a fan, i enjoy watching DJK. He's explosive and fun to watch. I wonder what kind of a teammate he is. I have heard some things,but they are just speculation and i dont want to share. My questions is, why didnt anyone come to his back when he got shoved 10 yards through the sideline. Where were his teammates to help him out? Seems nobody had his back

They haven't had anyone else's backs either the past 3-4 weeks, so I wouldn't read much into that play.

None of us know what happened behind closed doors... you guys are ridiculous if you think Ferentz wouldn't start him for some petty reason. It's not like he didn't play him at all either, he had plenty of snaps. He obviously did something to deserve not to start.

For everything DJK has done on the field, it's time for him to go on to the next level. He can enjoy all the attention he is so desperately seeking.

None of us know what happened behind closed doors... you guys are ridiculous if you think Ferentz wouldn't start him for some petty reason. It's not like he didn't play him at all either, he had plenty of snaps. He obviously did something to deserve not to start.

For everything DJK has done on the field, it's time for him to go on to the next level. He can enjoy all the attention he is so desperately seeking.

So why not just tell everyone? He tells the media why other players don't start. Why DJK is so different is beyond me.

If he was so desperately seeking it, we would hear more from him.

There are some things you just handle internally and don't leak to the media. It might even be for the better for DJK.

It's better to leave idiots like us guessing on a message board than air out your dirty laundry to the media and further damage the program. That's just how college/pro teams operate

There are some things you just handle internally and don't leak to the media. It might even be for the better for DJK.

It's better to leave idiots like us guessing on a message board than air out your dirty laundry to the media and further damage the program. That's just how college/pro teams operate

If he's dividing the team, then ACTUALLY punish him. Sit him for a couple games.

I know that I have no clue what goes on or how it operates but I would imagine it's not easy handling whatever kind of situation put Ferentz in this spot. He's your biggest playmaker yet he's done something or a series of things where you have to flex you muscle a little.

I'm only guessing this was a compromise of some sort. Who knows? I just don't think you take it outside the walls of the lockerroom or football complex.

Something though had to have gone on with this team (not just DJK) This team was lost at the end of the year. No gas left in the tank maybe?

What do you mean nobody had his back? Didn't you see the ONE Iowa player pull off his coat and tap the Minnesota guy on the shoulder and consider going after him? The only problem is I think that player was a kicker and not sure what he was going to do to Minnesota player if got him. I guess you can at least say someone had DJK's back. (sarcasm)

DJK should have been allowed to be DJK. He could have been a great ambassador for our program and helped immensely in recruiting. Do you really think that will be the case now? I love Kirk Ferentz, but he has mismanaged this DJK thing for a couple years now.

the truth is we really don't know what type of guy DJK is. Some think he's a fun loving Chad Ochocinco type of guy, harmless fun, tries hard, wants to win.

Some think he's a cancer with lack of effort in practice, questioning coaches, and his odd Facebook Statuses where he goes after other players (not mean spirited) from other teams, and takes slight jabs at KF.

I don't know what to think, but there has to be something much darker going on with DJK for him to be held out. The practice thing is an excuse, and I'm fine with KF keeping it in house if it is indeed something that needs to be kept there.

the truth is we really don't know what type of guy DJK is. Some think he's a fun loving Chad Ochocinco type of guy, harmless fun, tries hard, wants to win.

Some think he's a cancer with lack of effort in practice, questioning coaches, and his odd Facebook Statuses where he goes after other players (not mean spirited) from other teams, and takes slight jabs at KF.

I don't know what to think, but there has to be something much darker going on with DJK for him to be held out. The practice thing is an excuse, and I'm fine with KF keeping it in house if it is indeed something that needs to be kept there.

I do know what kind of guy DJK is though.

obviously his style did not fit in with a KF team. He was punished, and that's between him and DJK.

Now DJK needs to decide if he's going to rat out the team and coaches, or be a bigger person and practice hard, prepare for the bowl game, and hopefully end his Iowa career on a high note.

The kid has a ton of talent, and should find a spot on some NFL team if he does and says the right things.

Rumor on Rivals is the DJK instigated the OSU post-game locker room fight with one of our defensive backs. It definitely would make sense for DJK to be pulled from the starting lineup over a fight than Sandeman's "practice performance".

I heard the same thing. DJK started critisizing the Defense's/Greenwood's performance. Kirk didn't like it and benched him for the first quarter.

When is he gonna bench KOK for his **** poor performance?

Per the Marc Morehouse blog, a post-game fight never happened. I personally believe Marc over the Rivals board:

Fight in the lockerroom didn’t happen. Gordon told Scout.com he didn’t know where that came from. None of the other recruits mentioned it. I’ve heard from some folks who’d know it didn’t happen.

Does anyone ever consider that it could have been Campbell's call? He is the WR coach. It is his unit. He decides who is on the field during the game.

Latest posts