Kenpom update

BYU-Iowa City Campus

Yeah...a little parody of these computer models is warranted. I'm sure you could draw some racial conclusions if you did the analysis, but the process is getting a bit ridiculous. Specific match-ups always dictate head to head comparisons...and that is impossible to measure in aggregate.

I don't think the Big 10 schedule is any harder than the last 6 games we've played where we are 4-2. That means we should finish the big 10 schedule 12-6. I've double checked my math, it's right.

That Cincy game would be nice. They're #49 on kenpom right now.

If they beat Cincy and go .500 in the big ten gotta assume that's a tourney team

Playing them after a long time off concerns me some. Was the last time Iowa played cinn that NCAA tournament game?

Hopefully Iowa players are ready to put in work after their deserved rest.

Yeah...a little parody of these computer models is warranted. I'm sure you could draw some racial conclusions if you did the analysis, but the process is getting a bit ridiculous. Specific match-ups always dictate head to head comparisons...and that is impossible to measure in aggregate.
The three point shot and now the high volume of three point shots per game make upsets and "lesser" team victories more possible. Tougher to predict. It seems to me.

Iowa has moved to kenpom #21 overall after tonight's slate of games, including Minnesota dumping Ohio State.

I believe the first NET rankings come out tomorrow (Monday December 16).

Side note I noticed DePaul is up to KenPom #58

I really like Connor playing off the ball in terms of both defense and offense, so I hope Joe T can play 25-30 minutes at PG and Connor will have to spell the rest. Basically Connor is the second point guard on the floor that can also guard 3s and 4s right now and it’s worked well.
@InGoodCo

Here is a post of mine. Liked by ingoodco. I talked about how I liked what Connor was bringing the team off the ball. After Jbo was shut down I said Connor should stay in that role. Interestingly enough Connor has played very little if any point guard recently despite starting the season as our starting PG.

So I guess I’m not always wrong on Connor. Fran agreed with me that he should stay off the ball where he’s brought a lot of value this season.

@InGoodCo

Here is a post of mine. Liked by ingoodco. I talked about how I liked what Connor was bringing the team off the ball. After Jbo was shut down I said Connor should stay in that role. Interestingly enough Connor has played very little if any point guard recently despite starting the season as our starting PG.

So I guess I’m not always wrong on Connor. Fran agreed with me that he should stay off the ball where he’s brought a lot of value this season.
Dude, you say plenty of good things, that doesn’t just give you blanket coverage for other wack takes. You know damn well you’ve been wrong about this team and coach.

Latest posts