Kenpom update

That barrage we put on early in the game was our offense in peak form. Okay you want to double Garza inside then watch Wieskamp, Fredrick, and Jbo splash threes when he kicks it out.

That will change a little bit with Jbo out which is unfortunate, but Toussaint adds a little ability to get into the lane, which we don’t really have with our starters.

That barrage we put on early in the game was our offense in peak form. Okay you want to double Garza inside then watch Wieskamp, Fredrick, and Jbo splash threes when he kicks it out.

That will change a little bit with Jbo out which is unfortunate, but Toussaint adds a little ability to get into the lane, which we don’t really have with our starters.

Fran has shooters this year, thats for damn sure. CJ has almost been an unsung hero this year only because everyone else around him is playing so much better

Considering our losses are to these 3 teams:
Depaul: 9-1 ( Wins over Texas Tech and Boston College)
San Diego State: 10-0 (wins vs BYU and Creighton)
Michigan 8-2 ( wins vs Gonzaga, UNC, Creighton, ISU...YES a loss to Illinois but is it a bad loss?)
27-3 ?
Either way we are 8-3 with 6 non CHA games 4-2 record with great wins vs TT and ISU? Great place to be!

The funny thing about Iowa jumping to #1 in offensive efficiency after last night, was I didn’t even think we played our best offensive game.

The early barrage was great, but after that I thought we left some out there. Fredrick had two threes that were halfway down I thought. Bohannon had a couple as well.

I don’t know we played well offensively no question, but that wasn’t really out of the ordinary for this group.

The funny thing about Iowa jumping to #1 in offensive efficiency after last night, was I didn’t even think we played our best offensive game.

The early barrage was great, but after that I thought we left some out there. Fredrick had two threes that were halfway down I thought. Bohannon had a couple as well.

I don’t know we played well offensively no question, but that wasn’t really out of the ordinary for this group.

Quite a few misses from up close too. If we ever have a night where we are clicking for all 40 minutes, watch out.

Found this interesting site as well:

http://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Iowa&year=2020

Someone smarter than me needs to read it to me like I'm a kindergartner (@JG10Hawk ?) but seems to me like Iowa is currently projected to go 19-12 (11-9) and earn a 7 seed. Also has Iowa with an 86% chance to make the NCAA tournament (?!?!?!)
Sure, but the problem with a computer model like that is it doesn’t know we are likely losing Jbo for the remainder of the year.

Sure, but the problem with a computer model like that is it doesn’t know we are likely losing Jbo for the remainder of the year.

giphy.gif

I do wonder what this team looks like without JBO. depth is obviously a huge problem, but Jbo isn't exactly known for his defense, and his 3 point shooting this year has been erratic.

Don't get me wrong, we're a better team with Bohannon, I'm not saying that at all. But right now would anyone be opposed to Connor/Joe getting more PG opportunities and CJ/Wieskamp getting more shots?

I do wonder what this team looks like without JBO. depth is obviously a huge problem, but Jbo isn't exactly known for his defense, and his 3 point shooting this year has been erratic.

Don't get me wrong, we're a better team with Bohannon, I'm not saying that at all. But right now would anyone be opposed to Connor/Joe getting more PG opportunities and CJ/Wieskamp getting more shots?

I kinda agree with this. Bohannon has been pretty decent but so far he has only been the difference in one win and its 1/3 of the way through the season. On average that means 2 more maybe losses that we need to find a way to turn into wins. CJ needs to double his usage rates and our starters all need over 30 minutes per game.

Found this interesting site as well:

http://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Iowa&year=2020

Someone smarter than me needs to read it to me like I'm a kindergartner (@JG10Hawk ?) but seems to me like Iowa is currently projected to go 19-12 (11-9) and earn a 7 seed. Also has Iowa with an 86% chance to make the NCAA tournament (?!?!?!)

Hmm never seen that one before, nice find! Without digging into it very much I can tell you green highlights are good and red highlights are not so good. ;)

Just look at Garza's stats, he's almost green across the board. Our eyes are not lying, he's balling this year.

I kinda agree with this. Bohannon has been pretty decent but so far he has only been the difference in one win and its 1/3 of the way through the season. On average that means 2 more maybe losses that we need to find a way to turn into wins. CJ needs to double his usage rates and our starters all need over 30 minutes per game.

We'll be better on D with more minutes going to the other guards. Need Joe and CJ to stay aggressive as we'll need their scoring even more.

Latest posts