Keno Rumor

Pretty vague. I wonder where exactly this "rumor" is coming from.. Whoever wrote that article didn't exactly elaborate.... Seems a little flimsy until I hear more.

Pretty vague. I wonder where exactly this "rumor" is coming from.. Whoever wrote that article didn't exactly elaborate.... Seems a little flimsy until I hear more.

Rick Brown wrote the article so I'm sure he did hear something from someone "in the know" or he wouldn't have put this out, with that said it doesn't mean it is true though.

I guarantee you 100% Keno is NOT coming to Iowa. I wish he was but he's not. my source could not have came from a more "inside", 100% accurate person.

Its funny how initially many didnt want Keno, now if we asked those same people my guess is most of them would love Keno after the names weve seen. Its been an interesting 11 days sinc Lick was fired

This was the most ridiculous attempt at journalism I have ever seen. Seriously....no reason to even "put it out there".....he didn't say a damn thing. Tired of the DMR....awful awful work...

Its funny how initially many didnt want Keno, now if we asked those same people my guess is most of them would love Keno after the names weve seen. Its been an interesting 11 days sinc Lick was fired

Not me. I don't like any of the names that are allegedly the front runners....but I'd take any of them over Keno.

Keno is starting to look awful damn good to me.

This is the way I'm feeling too after hearing some of the names thrown around this past week. I don't think Keno is necessarily the wrong choice to begin with. But I didn't think we needed to make him option #1 either. The longer this search is taking, the more confident I feel that Barta understands the importance of this hire and is looking for the right guy.

The first thing the new coach has to do is get the fans interested in Iowa basketball again, and Keno is one of the options that could do that. If his teams had a reputation for playing defense, I would have jumped on this wagon immediately. But I also think there are some other options out there, and I think Gary Barta needs to prove to the Iowa fans and the next coach, that the executives in the athletic department are committed to getting the program back to the level is once was. Hiring some coach from the A-10 or the MWC that no one knows is not going to attract interest of fans over the summer, and I would hope Barta understands that. The longer this take the better I start to feel about who will be announced. I may be setting myself up for a letdown and that ok, we've sucked for 10 years now so I'm used to it.

Latest posts