Kenny the Jet said it best....

HawksMN

Took a jab at the Hawks (yes you Fran), stating that 80 points has been winning most Tourney games this season, and AT WORST gets you a nip and tuck game at the end or an OT game. Then said our defense is not at a level it needs to be to advance (or similar quote, didn't catch it exactly). OK, first time this tourney Kenny or anyone on that set has called out bad defense. And then theres Iowa. So sick of it.

Oregon basically played Don Nelson small ball on us. And they shot a crazy high % from both 3 pt line and overall. Turnovers were a wash offensive rebounds were close to a wash. They just hit more shots. 7 more overall and 3 more 3s. Fts we actually made 2 more. It's about the 3 pt line nowadays and they won that battle and the game.

Took a jab at the Hawks (yes you Fran), stating that 80 points has been winning most Tourney games this season, and AT WORST gets you a nip and tuck game at the end or an OT game. Then said our defense is not at a level it needs to be to advance (or similar quote, didn't catch it exactly). OK, first time this tourney Kenny or anyone on that set has called out bad defense. And then theres Iowa. So sick of it.

Are you sick of the way Iowa plays defense or being called out for it? If you're sick of the lack of defense I'm with you, if your sick of Iowa being called out for it there's only one way to put an end to that.

Are you sick of the way Iowa plays defense or being called out for it? If you're sick of the lack of defense I'm with you, if your sick of Iowa being called out for it there's only one way to put an end to that.
No no I am SICK of the way Iowa plays defense. Kenny had it exactly RIGHT! Yes Oregon shot well. No, Iowa did not have to play lazy ass and turn it into a dunk show. Luka withholding, I'm not putting this on him. The rest well....

Oregon basically played Don Nelson small ball on us. And they shot a crazy high % from both 3 pt line and overall. Turnovers were a wash offensive rebounds were close to a wash. They just hit more shots. 7 more overall and 3 more 3s. Fts we actually made 2 more. It's about the 3 pt line nowadays and they won that battle and the game.

Yeah and our best 3 point shooter who is also supposed to be one of the best if not the best in the nation did not show up. It's really not a surprise when he does this because he has plenty nights like this during the season.

We can point to a lot of things for this loss. But this is certainly one of them.

Yeah and our best 3 point shooter who is also supposed to be one of the best if not the best in the nation did not show up. It's really not a surprise when he does this because he has plenty nights like this during the season.

We can point to a lot of things for this loss. But this is certainly one of them.
I agree Bo and CJ looked tired out, unenthused. Connor not much better. Go explain that to Luka boys.

It's not the scheme, it's the personnel. Zone or man, this year's starters lacked the athleticism to compete against the elite. Looking forward to next year's lineup of Nunge at C, the Murrays and P Mac at F, and a backcourt of Joe T, CJ, and Ulis looks to be a much more athletic team capable of playing much better D. But can they score like this year's team did?

No no I am SICK of the way Iowa plays defense. Kenny had it exactly RIGHT! Yes Oregon shot well. No, Iowa did not have to play lazy ass and turn it into a dunk show. Luka withholding, I'm not putting this on him. The rest well....
All good lol we're on the same page.

He got frustrated early on and couldn't snap out of it. I really don't want that as my last image of him. So that sucks.

It's not the scheme, it's the personnel. Zone or man, this year's starters lacked the athleticism to compete against the elite. Looking forward to next year's lineup of Nunge at C, the Murrays and P Mac at F, and a backcourt of Joe T, CJ, and Ulis looks to be a much more athletic team capable of playing much better D. But can they score like this year's team did?
IMO if they play much better D they don't need to score like this year's team did.

Don't care if we cant score like this team, question is defense, rather average 10 points less if our D keeps us in games. Perhaps too much to hope for? F, this day sucks.

Iowa made it lucky for Oregon to shoot well. We have never played good D since McCaffrey has been the coach. Wide open shots all day. I'm sick of it also but we may as well get use to it because McCaffrey will be at Iowa for a long long time

The problem with that line-up is that taken all together, they can't shoot the ball very well. To answer your question, they will struggle to score as many points as this year.....and they will still get ran out of the gym against extremely athletic teams that can shoot.

Last edited:
10 dunks ..........you woulda thought we were playing against Kareem. No, it was a freeway into the lane, Porsches vs CRVs. The CRVs also had difficulty keeping up with the Porsches on the perimeter as well.........11 3's

10 dunks ..........you woulda thought we were playing against Kareem. No, it was a freeway into the lane, Porsches vs CRVs. The CRVs also had difficulty keeping up with the Porsches on the perimeter as well.........11 3's
Yeah, that much dunking means you spent your whole time looking up at the guy with his arm thru the rim.

A lot of the dunks came on Iowa trying to trap and sell out for steals in the 2nd half. That being said, there was little defense played by the Hawks today. Fran tries man didn't work Fran goes zone didn't work. Let's say we have a re do....with our guys what could Fran do differently? I say same results. The only thing I think might have slowed Oregon down was we work the shot clock and try to slow it way down. Sometimes you are out manned and today was a perfect example of that. Also....Oregon an 7 seed ....bullshit on that.