Kenny Arnold Passes Away

Thoughts and prayers to Kenny’s family and friends. Kenny was a great Hawkeye and teammate. R.I.P.

I'm glad I still have my Kenny t-shirt.........

5000G%5Bback%5D_fixed.jpg

e please tell McGuire"
When he came out for player introductions, he would almost half skip out to center court to fist bump the opponent, like a six year old kid being led onto the court by a Harlem Globetrotter. This was partly because he truly showed joy when he played and partly because he had a bit of a Pearl Washington build-very solid in the rear end and upper thighs. I always thought his slight girth helped him go strong to the basket and hold his own in the lane, similiar to Rodell Davis. He was 210-215 lbs. during his Iowa career. It also helped him as a defender.

Joy is a very good description. Ronnie Lester had a huge advantage over Kenny. Ronnie got to play with Kenny. When Kenny was the leader he didn't have Ronnie.

I love me some Mr. Forehead. He was such an underrated player. He could do it all...run the point, play the 2, and he played defense. He made the transition from Ronnie Lester to the next year pretty damn easy.

RIP Kenny.

Loved Kenny and the way he put everything he had into each game. On a lighter note, my brothers and I called him "FiveHead" because his forehead was much too big to be a FourHead!

RIP Kenny.

Joy is a very good description. Ronnie Lester had a huge advantage over Kenny. Ronnie got to play with Kenny. When Kenny was the leader he didn't have Ronnie.
Great point, Kenny A. would have been a superstar Hawk if he wasn't following a legend like Lester, the best Hawkeye guard of all time. Kind of like Vlasic and Hartlieb following Chuck Long in football.

Just amazed watching this how close the fans were to the game in the
Fieldhouse. I had forgotten that.