Keegan thinking about coming back?

HaydenHawk56

Saw this thread.

Get the money Keegan.....that said.....as fans.....we won't argue to much if you come back.

Saw this thread.

Get the money Keegan.....that said.....as fans.....we won't argue to much if you come back.
Wrong, come back stronger then still get paid.

yeah i heard that also... but he could have just been talking about offseason in general

but yeah that made me pause.. i could see connor kind of pause also for a sec

I think that had the Hawks had a good run in the tourney he would definitely have left feeling like he fulfilled his goal in a Hawkeye uniform. But this could very well be the catalyst for him to return.

He obviously takes great pride in being a life long Hawkeye and to leave after this type of ending to his career would leave a big hole in his gut that would (or will) naw at him forever. Leaving some big unfinished business behind, not to mention his left arm (Kris) are two monumental weights on the staying one more year side of the scale.

Him returning as a result of this ugly ass loss would make a good consolation prize and a guy would almost take that deal if offered it ahead of time. It is incredible to think of next season with 2 pissed off bigger better Murrays returning. Then riding off to the NBA together...

I think that had the Hawks had a good run in the tourney he would definitely have left feeling like he fulfilled his goal in a Hawkeye uniform. But this could very well be the catalyst for him to return.

He obviously takes great pride in being a life long Hawkeye and to leave after this type of ending to his career would leave a big hole in his gut that would (or will) naw at him forever. Leaving some big unfinished business behind, not to mention his left arm (Kris) are two monumental weights on the staying one more year side of the scale.

Him returning as a result of this ugly ass loss would make a good consolation prize and a guy would almost take that deal if offered it ahead of time. It is incredible to think of next season with 2 pissed off bigger better Murrays returning. Then riding off to the NBA together...
Would it be the biggest announcement of a player coming back since Chuck Long at Iowa?

I think he should take the $$ and run. Basketball careers in the NBA are not long term as it is. I would probably get a bunch of "not likes" if we had that option, but thats just my opinion.

Would it be the biggest announcement of a player coming back since Chuck Long at Iowa?
Absolutely. And while this is strictly for discussion right now, don't lose sight of the fact that his season had just ended and that at that moment a lot of things were probably going through his mind.

Let's see what he says in two weeks when he's had the chance to talk to Fran, talk to his family, and digest the season.

FRAN SHOULDN'T EVEN LET HIM COME BACK. HEAR ME OUT. SAY THE KID GOES AND PUTS ON ANOTHER 15 POUNDS AND LOSES HALF A STEP OR EVER SO SLIGHTLY CHANGES HIS SHOT LIKE WE SAW WITH BASABE. IT COULD COST HIM HUGE.

GREASY COACHES WILL PRESSURE STARS TO COME BACK AND THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT OF CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE IT HASN'T WORKED OUT FOR THE ATHLETE. SULLINGER FROM OHIO WAS A PRIME EXAMPLE. THERE WAS A KID AT MARYLAND A FEW YEARS AGO IN THE SAME BOAT. FORGOT HIS NAME. I HONESTLY THINK YOU ARE BETTER OFF GOING INTO THE NBA DRAFT WITH "POTENTIAL" RATHER THAN "TALENT" BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THE NBA CARES ABOUT. EVERYONE WANTS THE HIGH CEILING GUY AND THE MORE TAPE YOU GIVE THE SCOUTS, THE LOWER YOUR "POTENTIAL" IS GONNA BE. PLUS, HE'S OLD BY NBA DRAFT STANDARDS. HE ABSOLUTELY HAS TO GO AND I REALLY DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM BACK IN AN IOWA UNIFORM NEXT YEAR BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT BE FAIR TO HIM.

With NIL a thing now, you might see guys stay longer. They can make 6 figures when you're at Keegan's level and that's a nice alternative that wasn't afforded to potential top picks in the past. I still don't think he stays but there's always that twin bond angle that you can't completely ignore.

It's hard to know what's in his mind.
Playing in the NBA has to be a dream of his.
The thing that I was thinking about is whether Keegan is ready to stop playing on the same team as his brother. Leaving Iowa would likely mean that they've played their last game together as teammates. Is he ready to put that phase of life behind him?
I can only imagine that facing that reality is going to weigh heavy on his decision.

Him returning makes very little sense. We debated this on another string to death. Financially, he would be foolish. If he does come back it would be for two reasons:

NIL at least allows him to start to pull in cash. He would be the preseason Wooden favorite just like Garza. I am sure he could collect some coin.

His brother. He has been playing with him for his entire life. They are highly unlikely to play together again when they leave Iowa. Maybe he wants a final season together to try and do something special. If that is motivating him, then Kris needs to start at the 5 or the 3 and we need 30+ minutes a night for each of them.

The comment certainly caught my attention.

Laughable guys in here are worried about Keegan's pocketbook...he will be fine no matter what he does. I care more about the team hence I'd like him back. Rooting for guys to leave and grab money...honestly get outta here with that crap. Absurd to the max. I'm sure Keegan is capable of being financially stable without your help.

Latest posts