Keegan should have got the ball at the low post all day; what was Fran watching

uihawk82

Keegan is great down low, the guys guarding him were good but he would have worked them for a lot of points. That Cayo guy was a few inches shorter than keegan and really too late in the game Keegan got 3 straight inside baskets by getting the ball down low.

And if he gets it down low and they double him he is a very good passer to the open man.

I just dont see how Fran didnt do this.

Keegan is great down low, the guys guarding him were good but he would have worked them for a lot of points. That Cayo guy was a few inches shorter than keegan and really too late in the game Keegan got 3 straight inside baskets by getting the ball down low.

And if he gets it down low and they double him he is a very good passer to the open man.

I just dont see how Fran didnt do this.
Agree, shots not dropping you have to go to the inside game. That said, if it had to come to that, unbelievably they had an advantage there having the 6 foot 10 beard guy. Every time Keegan got the ball it seemed he had 3 or 4 guys around his area....JBo the same.

Maybe Fran was not counting on such a poor shooting performance? But, yes, adjustments needed to be made.

I also wished Iowa played more zone on these guys being a Princeton Offense....try to take away some of those back cuts. And the inbounds plays they scored I believe 6 easy points there....which could have been the difference.

Out played, kind of coached to.

Listening to the From the Iowa of the Storm. Matt Gatens is on there and said he was worried when Richmond's name came up for Iowa. They played them earlier in the year and said they were good and they (Drake) were real fortunate to win that game in OT.

Agree. No shots falling but kept shooting - even when Keegan showed at end of game he was ready to take over from the block (and free throw line). With game still winnable, last thing needed was a 3 (Kris!)

Nonetheless, no one brought their A game today - mentally nor physically. Just a bad team loss, all around.

Other than Pmac no one else really showed up. He had flashes here and there, but he wasn't exactly awesome. Bad performance, huge letdown...lets just move on.

That’s all PMac ever musters is flashes. Usually because he has so much to make up for from 1st halves. Physically weak and very low IQ. Wish Conner had his height and ability to shoot.

Anything can happen in a one and done scenario, that’s what makes March Madness great. I’m glad we’ll be going to them regularly with great teams and a great coach. Today sucked, but that’s sports right? It just is. Last week Iowa looks like they can beat anyone and iowa excerises it’s B1G conference ghosts. Today they show up flat and can’t even muster an average performance. Iowa was better than they showed today, they were better than what they showed last year. But they didn’t play well enough. It takes more. The lights we’re too bright. This team felt it had already accomplished something. It’s hard to coach that kind of reality check. They played tight, turned the ball over. Things they haven’t done in well over a month. It doesn’t matter now. This program is healthy, took a nice big step this season and is going to just keep attracting talent and having a coach who can coach it up. Keep giving yourself a chance is all I ask, this team did that and it was over all a pretty fun season to watch. Iowa will be good again next year, count on it. Will they do well in March? I wouldn’t count on that, ya just do not know.

Agree, shots not dropping you have to go to the inside game. That said, if it had to come to that, unbelievably they had an advantage there having the 6 foot 10 beard guy. Every time Keegan got the ball it seemed he had 3 or 4 guys around his area....JBo the same.

Maybe Fran was not counting on such a poor shooting performance? But, yes, adjustments needed to be made.

I also wished Iowa played more zone on these guys being a Princeton Offense....try to take away some of those back cuts. And the inbounds plays they scored I believe 6 easy points there....which could have been the difference.

Out played, kind of coached to.

Listening to the From the Iowa of the Storm. Matt Gatens is on there and said he was worried when Richmond's name came up for Iowa. They played them earlier in the year and said they were good and they (Drake) were real fortunate to win that game in OT.

They were swarming Keegan and Jordan the entire game

Couldn't even pass the ball to them

Suffocating D, I say

Anything can happen in a one and done scenario, that’s what makes March Madness great. I’m glad we’ll be going to them regularly with great teams and a great coach. Today sucked, but that’s sports right? It just is. Last week Iowa looks like they can beat anyone and iowa excerises it’s B1G conference ghosts. Today they show up flat and can’t even muster an average performance. Iowa was better than they showed today, they were better than what they showed last year. But they didn’t play well enough. It takes more. The lights we’re too bright. This team felt it had already accomplished something. It’s hard to coach that kind of reality check. They played tight, turned the ball over. Things they haven’t done in well over a month. It doesn’t matter now. This program is healthy, took a nice big step this season and is going to just keep attracting talent and having a coach who can coach it up. Keep giving yourself a chance is all I ask, this team did that and it was over all a pretty fun season to watch. Iowa will be good again next year, count on it. Will they do well in March? I wouldn’t count on that, ya just do not know.

Going regularly with great teams and a great coach LMAO!!!

Going regularly with great teams and a great coach LMAO!!!
I don't think that's up for debate personally. Iowa has had some pretty great teams as of late but they have under performed in March, doesn't mean the product isn't good. Iowa has a very healthy, stable, consistent and solid winning basketball program. We know Fran can win in a tournament setting, he won the B1G tournament 5 days ago. We know he can recruit and develop. We know that Iowa is getting him for a song compared to his peers vs results (10th highest paid coach in the league). We know he can win without fan support because the stadium is empty despite Iowa putting a product on the floor that rarely doesn't qualify for the dance.

Yeah, Iowa is in good shape and I am excited to go to the NCAA with regularity and consistency. Iowa will get over the hump and I love to support this program. Some of us enjoy watching good players and winning a lot of games.

I don't think that's up for debate personally. Iowa has had some pretty great teams as of late but they have under performed in March, doesn't mean the product isn't good. Iowa has a very healthy, stable, consistent and solid winning basketball program. We know Fran can win in a tournament setting, he won the B1G tournament 5 days ago. We know he can recruit and develop. We know that Iowa is getting him for a song compared to his peers vs results (10th highest paid coach in the league). We know he can win without fan support because the stadium is empty despite Iowa putting a product on the floor that rarely doesn't qualify for the dance.

Yeah, Iowa is in good shape and I am excited to go to the NCAA with regularity and consistency. Iowa will get over the hump and I love to support this program. Some of us enjoy watching good players and winning a lot of games.
The fairweather fans in this fanbase and HN in particular are fucking astounding.

Most of the people here were shitting skittles and farting rainbows about this team and Fran just two days ago, and now they want him gone and the team sucks.

And I'll be more than happy to start quoting people and posting examples.

If you're gonna hate on the Hawks and Fran that's 100% fine, but do it year round even when they're winning, not just when they lose.

Bandwagon bastards.

Latest posts