Keegan Murray NBA Mock updated

I'm not trying to make Tyler Cook something he isn't, but he's been anything but "no where near the NBA" IMO since he left Iowa. He's performed above the expectations that the majority of our fan base believed he was capable of and that's been my main point, maybe we don't have a fucking clue on who is and isn't NBA material. It's not like we're exposed to that type of play often as Iowa fans. Sorry if I ruffled ya guys feathers - my point is, let's not pretend to know or have any idea. The author who posted this, by all accounts is very respected for his opinions and foreshadowing for the NBA draft.

Picked a fight with PC? I don't know where that transpired, PC and I (and you) have lived harmoniously on these boards for well over a decade. I do post how I feel and I am never bashful to have a differing opinion. I will go toe to toe with any troll that wants it, cause that's what I am here for. Iowa fans were wrong about Tyler is a generalization but it still was the narrative after his JR. season.... it just was and to say Iowa fans wouldn't know an NBA player if it bit them in the ass... well, that's not really going out on limb either now is it?
PC, SS and now WH. But I’m not having any of it. I hope whatever is going on in your personal life gets straightened out. I just wanted you to know you’re pretty much being a jerk all the time...in case you weren’t aware. Peace!

I really like Windsor and Good. Both different but good contributors. Come on guys. Mend fences.

I like Good too, he's just really all lathered up about this. It seems like he makes it his mission to bash trolls or Hawk fans that happen to have different opinions.

I like Good too, he's just really all lathered up about this. It seems like he makes it his mission to bash trolls or Hawk fans that happen to have different opinions.
I also like Good...except lately. I’m just making him aware. I have no intention of going back and forth with him. It will have to be a monologue.

I signed off for the year over a month ago...not much to discuss after last game. But the Portal will be good for hoops discussion well into summer.

PC, SS and now WH. But I’m not having any of it. I hope whatever is going on in your personal life gets straightened out. I just wanted you to know you’re pretty much being a jerk all the time...in case you weren’t aware. Peace!
I'm not gonna go back and fourth either. I guess I didn't realize I was being a jerk. I apologize if I was a jerk to you and I mean that sincerely. I really didn't intend that and I have nothing going on in my personal life that needs straightened out.

I guess if you felt this way about me, I am glad you got it out. I don't really think about you. I have no opinion. I don't feel like I am picking a fight. I don't feel like I crossed any lines. PC and I have had great dialogue on this site for many years and so have we.

I've met a TON of peeps in person on this board over the years. I'm outspoken without a doubt and very passionate about Iowa basketball but feel like I am more on the positive flow and insight of this site in general.

I do call out bullshit typically from haters and won't back down at all from it. So, I guess I could be a jerk to some of those type of posters but it's weird you're calling me out on this one.

Iowa fans wouldn't know an NBA player if smacked them in the face... that's my take and if that offended anyone than I am sorry.

Last edited:
I also like Good...except lately. I’m just making him aware. I have no intention of going back and forth with him. It will have to be a monologue.
Do you like me or am I jerk to everyone? I don't want to go back and fourth either, but now I am confused and you are the one coming at me.

If you don't like me, all good dude. I don't need to be liked. I like you though, hope you come around more often and I don't have an ounce of bad blood with anyone on this site.

Why does it matter if the Pistons stink? It's the NBA - the narrative when he left among Iowa fans was that he was no NEAR the NBA and quite frankly, everyone who said that is wrong and more frankly, they were WAY wrong. Averaging 14 minutes a game his 2nd season is not "No Where Close"

Joe W is No where close too though - cause ya know, Iowa fans have any fucking idea

Well... yeah pistons are trying to lose on purpose but Cook is getting some time. Good for him.

I don't know where the "I'm lathered up or really upset and got my panties in a bunch" opinion on this is coming from. Am I typing in all caps? I just wrote an opinion like I do on like 20 posts a day. I don't bash Hawk fans who have different opinions. I don't think I bashed you did I? If I did, I am sorry. I am missing the parts of me being anything but cordial in this post... I did bash Iowa fans in general, cause well, like every fan base, its filled with a lot of idiots.

Also - LOVE the narrative now that just being in the NBA isn't good enough, you have to play for a contender to be really considered in the league. Seriously like.... me calling people out for that kind of ridiculous take shouldn't be met with a someone calling me the jerk IMO, but ok. I don't want to be a jerk to you guys. I am sorry - I like all you guys, even 56 who sometimes really annoys me but he knows that, I tell him ;)

Also - LOVE the narrative now that just being in the NBA isn't good enough, you have to play for a contender to be really considered in the league. Seriously like.... me calling people out for that kind of ridiculous take shouldn't be met with a someone calling me the jerk IMO, but ok. I don't want to be a jerk to you guys. I am sorry - I like all you guys, even 56 who sometimes really annoys me but he knows that, I tell him ;)

My memory sucks but I may have been one of those guys that said Cook would not make it as an NBA player. I think if you went back and asked those people who were saying it I doubt you would find many that would say that Cook would never play even a minute for an NBA team (maybe I'm wrong). To me making it as an NBA player is someone who gets into the league and sticks, when I think of former Iowa basketball players that played in the NBA I think of BJ Armstrong, Ryan Bowen, Ricky Davis, Reggie Evans, Kevin Gamble, ect ect people that stuck in the NBA and made a nice career for themselves. I don't think of players like Jared Reiner or Dean Oliver ( both who played parts of 2 seasons in the NBA) as NBA players. Granted they are technically former NBA players but neither of them made it a career.

I don't see Tyler Cook as someone who will stick as a NBA player. As it's been pointed out he's getting an opportunity to play on a very bad Piston team. I think once the season is over and they infuse another draft class into the league Cook will wind up buried back in the G leagues or playing overseas, and there is NOTHING wrong with that as he's making a living. I would LOVE to be wrong on this, if Cook sticks and winds up carving himself a nice NBA career you are more than welcome to rub my nose in it. The more former Hawks that end up in the NBA the better it is for the Hawkeye basketball program.

Back to the topic of Keegan... I think he has a really good shot at making the NBA. 1st Rd next year? Probably not. In two years, I think would be more fitting. He's already showing a better all around game as a FR than any of the starting 5 showed as FR (without the minutes most of them had).

Keegan has some serious hops, plays solid D, good speed, shot 50.6% from the floor (only 29.6% from 3 - 16/54), blocked 39 shots... it goes on. If he gets his PPG above 15 and increase his 3 pt.% up around 40%, he'll have the NBA scouts salivating.

My memory sucks but I may have been one of those guys that said Cook would not make it as an NBA player. I think if you went back and asked those people who were saying it I doubt you would find many that would say that Cook would never play even a minute for an NBA team (maybe I'm wrong). To me making it as an NBA player is someone who gets into the league and sticks, when I think of former Iowa basketball players that played in the NBA I think of BJ Armstrong, Ryan Bowen, Ricky Davis, Reggie Evans, Kevin Gamble, ect ect people that stuck in the NBA and made a nice career for themselves. I don't think of players like Jared Reiner or Dean Oliver ( both who played parts of 2 seasons in the NBA) as NBA players. Granted they are technically former NBA players but neither of them made it a career.

I don't see Tyler Cook as someone who will stick as a NBA player. As it's been pointed out he's getting an opportunity to play on a very bad Piston team. I think once the season is over and they infuse another draft class into the league Cook will wind up buried back in the G leagues or playing overseas, and there is NOTHING wrong with that as he's making a living. I would LOVE to be wrong on this, if Cook sticks and winds up carving himself a nice NBA career you are more than welcome to rub my nose in it. The more former Hawks that end up in the NBA the better it is for the Hawkeye basketball program.
I definitely don't want to rub your nose in it, I just think he's closer to the NBA than most Iowa fans gave him credit for. End of story. I'm not arguing whether he'll stick or if he'll be there long term. I'm arguing that he is indeed in the NBA while most Iowa fans said he wasn't close. I am also pointing out that Iowa hasn't had a lot of NBA players, so in a sense I was just making a dig at Iowa fans who act like they have any idea of what an NBA player looks like, they don't get to watch them very often. Get it? It's a joke, a rub on our base, but not meant to be hostile to ANY of you guys. It was just a way to lamp guys who think they know about something that they likely don't really know about? Does that make sense? I certainly didn't mean to pick a fight with you or over step a bound in our discussion and I definitely didn't mean to act like it was upsetting to me or that I was worked up. It's just how I feel. Iowa fans opinion on what is NBA quality and isn't doesn't really move the needle for me.

Back to the topic of Keegan... I think he has a really good shot at making the NBA. 1st Rd next year? Probably not. In two years, I think would be more fitting. He's already showing a better all around game as a FR than any of the starting 5 showed as FR (without the minutes most of them had).

Keegan has some serious hops, plays solid D, good speed, shot 50.6% from the floor (only 29.6% from 3 - 16/54), blocked 39 shots... it goes on. If he gets his PPG above 15 and increase his 3 pt.% up around 40%, he'll have the NBA scouts salivating.
100% and IMO, if Iowa has a guy that's an NBA guy next season - we're all doing a lot of hand wringing for nothing cause that means Iowa is gonna win some games likely

Special mention to Brad Lohaus. If you had told me there was a remote chance he would play in the NBA after his 1st 4 years at Iowa I would have been...what’s shocked times 100? Didn’t Les Jepsen also play a year for $800K IIRC? I believe he invested that in a successful business for himself. Northside?

Special mention to Brad Lohaus. If you had told me there was a remote chance he would play in the NBA after his 1st 4 years at Iowa I would have been...what’s shocked times 100? Didn’t Les Jepsen also play a year for $800K IIRC? I believe he invested that in a successful business for himself. Northside?
I could be wrong but it seems like Brad Lohaus was one of the first 7 footers to change our perception of a post player. It used to be you expected post players to stay under the basket and then this tall skinny guy comes along and starts draining 3’s. He made a nice career for himself.

I never thought Jepsen would ever play a minute in the NBA and he wound up being the first pick of the 2nd round in the 1990 draft. He didn’t stick but did manage to get like 3 or 4 years of league minimum pay.

I'm not gonna go back and fourth either. I guess I didn't realize I was being a jerk. I apologize if I was a jerk to you and I mean that sincerely. I really didn't intend that and I have nothing going on in my personal life that needs straightened out.

I guess if you felt this way about me, I am glad you got it out. I don't really think about you. I have no opinion. I don't feel like I am picking a fight. I don't feel like I crossed any lines. PC and I have had great dialogue on this site for many years and so have we.

I've met a TON of peeps in person on this board over the years. I'm outspoken without a doubt and very passionate about Iowa basketball but feel like I am more on the positive flow and insight of this site in general.

I do call out bullshit typically from haters and won't back down at all from it. So, I guess I could be a jerk to some of those type of posters but it's weird you're calling me out on this one.

Iowa fans wouldn't know an NBA player if smacked them in the face... that's my take and if that offended anyone than I am sorry.
Have you or anyone else who posts regularly ever thought of getting g about two dozen regular posters together for a weekend of golf, fishing, a couple Pony Creek shows and general debauchery?

It will never happen, and who knows how many of us would leave in one piece. But its a cool thought anyway.

Jepsen played at least one year for Golden State when they were coached by ex Hawkeye Don Nelson. He was a heck of a story during his college career. Freshman year he couldn't catch the ball and generally couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time. By his junior year he was coming on, and was e
especially, needed when Bullard and Ingram went down. He was a solid B1G player by his senior year, but the team around him crashed and burned for various reasons. He did beat either Michigan or Illinois at the buzzer at Carver on Big Monday, which meant Dickie V would have been in the house.

Not sure about his post playing career, but a good amount of my tidbits and insights about Iowa sports can be googled.

And a good deal can't. I always try to offer random, slice of life anecdotes about Iowa athletics, especially the era that I went to college in.

I do have one vivid memory of Jepsen however. I was outside Van Allen hall once and saw him walk in. He was every bit of seven feet and then some. He was the tallest person I ever saw first hand.