Keegan Murray NBA Mock updated

Here comes all the expert Iowa fans to say "woah.... woah, pump the brakes" ... as if an Iowa fan would have any fucking clue what an NBA player looks like.

Here comes all the expert Iowa fans to say "woah.... woah, pump the brakes" ... as if an Iowa fan would have any fucking clue what an NBA player looks like.

Normally that would be me but I'm not going to rule anything out with Keegan. He surprised the hell out of me just getting on the court this year, let alone making significant contributions. He has a very high ceiling and could very well replace Garza/Wieskamp as one of the main contributors to the offense next season.

Normally that would be me but I'm not going to rule anything out with Keegan. He surprised the hell out of me just getting on the court this year, let alone making significant contributions. He has a very high ceiling and could very well replace Garza/Wieskamp as one of the main contributors to the offense next season.
I agree - I am more so stating how most Iowa fans are a little too close to the situation and likely not making a statement of "He's no where near the NBA" from a rational stand point. Joe W is probably much closer to it then we all think and hell, I think Tyler Cook proved pretty much everyone wrong. I'm just saying, Iowa fans wouldn't know what an NBA player is if it smacked them in the face.

I agree - I am more so stating how most Iowa fans are a little too close to the situation and likely not making a statement of "He's no where near the NBA" from a rational stand point. Joe W is probably much closer to it then we all think and hell, I think Tyler Cook proved pretty much everyone wrong. I'm just saying, Iowa fans wouldn't know what an NBA player is if it smacked them in the face.

We haven't seen one since Reggie Evans and, honestly, not many Hawk fans saw him being an NBA player. Hell he wasn't even drafted. Ricky Davis was the last one we seen that was an obvious future NBA player.

I don't know what you mean by Tyler Cook proving everyone wrong, he's a reserve player on a really bad Piston team. Wieskamp doesn't look like an obvious NBA player either, but it's possible he could carve out a role.

Reactions: ISC
We haven't seen one since Reggie Evans and, honestly, not many Hawk fans saw him being an NBA player. Hell he wasn't even drafted. Ricky Davis was the last one we seen that was an obvious future NBA player.

I don't know what you mean by Tyler Cook proving everyone wrong, he's a reserve player on a really bad Piston team. Wieskamp doesn't look like an obvious NBA player either, but it's possible he could carve out a role.
Why does it matter if the Pistons stink? It's the NBA - the narrative when he left among Iowa fans was that he was no NEAR the NBA and quite frankly, everyone who said that is wrong and more frankly, they were WAY wrong. Averaging 14 minutes a game his 2nd season is not "No Where Close"

Joe W is No where close too though - cause ya know, Iowa fans have any fucking idea

Why does it matter if the Pistons stink? It's the NBA - the narrative when he left among Iowa fans was that he was no NEAR the NBA and quite frankly, everyone who said that is wrong and more frankly, they were WAY wrong. Averaging 14 minutes a game his 2nd season is not "No Where Close"

Joe W is No where close too though - cause ya know, Iowa fans have any fucking idea

dang man, I struck a nerve here.

Nice generalizations there... Is it your goal to alienate every person on this board? Picked a fight with PC... Picking a fight with SS...

I’m thrilled for Tyler. I hope he’s in the NBA for 10 years. But Tyler was not an NBA player when he left Iowa. He was athletic and had potential. But he didn’t get drafted and didn’t sign a contract until 2 years later.

He believed in himself. He obviously worked hard. And he’s fulfilled a life long dream. Congrats Tyler!

Nice generalizations there... Is it your goal to alienate every person on this board? Picked a fight with PC... Picking a fight with SS...

I’m thrilled for Tyler. I hope he’s in the NBA for 10 years. But Tyler was not an NBA player when he left Iowa. He was athletic and had potential. But he didn’t get drafted and didn’t sign a contract until 2 years later.

He believed in himself. He obviously worked hard. And he’s fulfilled a life long dream. Congrats Tyler!
Picked a fight with PC? I don't know where that transpired, PC and I (and you) have lived harmoniously on these boards for well over a decade. I do post how I feel and I am never bashful to have a differing opinion. I will go toe to toe with any troll that wants it, cause that's what I am here for. Iowa fans were wrong about Tyler is a generalization but it still was the narrative after his JR. season.... it just was and to say Iowa fans wouldn't know an NBA player if it bit them in the ass... well, that's not really going out on limb either now is it?

Well the point being I think is he is indeed borderline. There's a big difference between starting for the Nets and being the 10th man for the Pistons. And yes he started the other day due to injuries. But let's not make Cook into something he's not. He's still an athletic dunker that can get up and down the floor. But beyond that he's got a limited game. He still can't shoot. For a big athletic guy that doesn't defend all that well or rebound as much as he should he's gotten himself a spot. Good for him.

So yeah I'd have lost a bet on him getting into the league at all. I admit that. We'll see if he sticks around or if he'll be like Uthoff, Marble and White. Time will tell.

As far as JW goes how does he compare to Jok? Jok hardly got a sniff at the NBA just a summer league or 2 I think. I'd take Jok over him in a shooting contest any day. JW is built pretty well has healthier knees. But he doesn't play great D. His handle isn't very good (neither was Joks) in the open floor. He has a tough time creating his own shot in college so I doubt he'll get better at that in the NBA. So he'll have to be a Kyle Korver level shooter to carve himself out a nitche. Maybe he can but his poor FT shooting % this yr is concerning. 67% kinda stinks especially for him. He does hustle and rebounds well so he's got that going for him.

I have a tough time thinking he's gonna be in the NBA but I'm no NBA scout either. I've been wrong before and will be again I'm sure.

Latest posts