Kaylon

Some of us, already knew that and stated said, here previously.

Hmmmmmmm.............I wonder who ? KW should already be with the team, but I'll take him on the roster next year, at this point.

Hmmmmmmm.............I wonder who ? KW should already be with the team, but I'll take him on the roster next year, at this point.

Even if he were on the roster, he wouldn't be able to help the team. He would be sitting out this year on his transfer redshirt. I would rather he be playing at kwood and developing as a bb player than just sitting on our bench. Just my thoughts!

Yayyyyyy....another kid that can comes to Iowa that isn't recruited by other programs.

What about Terrence Ross or maybe Trey Ziegler?

Corey Joseph, Brandon Knight, Josh Selby, Ray McCallum, John Loyd, Matt Billups. Most of these kids are 4 or 3 star players that have a Big10 school on their list of potential stops but NONE of them have Iowa even listed as interested.

Spank did you get a chance to talk to this kid last night? What is the story here?

It's a 7 hour round trip for me to Carver. I don't get to a lot of games. I get to a few a year. I'm pretty much a phone and email guy. That's all I can really do.

Then I apologize, as I had not seen any posts about it. I'll try to keep any info under my hat from now on so as not to risk offending anyone.:)

I've heard in the past something to the effect that Gatens and Williams didn't really get along so well or didn't like each other. Maybe bad blood from playing against each other in high school and aau.

Iowa has no rides in 2010 anyway, and I don't like to subscribe to the negative thought-stream that someone will leave the team.

Williams visited, he has no known offer. I think this whole Kaylon Williams thing has gotten a little bit to much attention and is overblown. I think a lot of it is due to some emotional attachment Iowans have to the fact that Kaylon is an Iowan, and therefore must be recruited and offered.

We'll see what happens, but I wouldn't make to much of it. I think recruiting energies should be poured into grabbing a really good player from the 2011 class, preferably a point guard now that Archie has been red-shirted.

My suggestion? Matt Gatens might have to take this one for the team. If the kid wants to be a Hawkeye and can help at PG, then let's work it out.
Good grief.

It's cool, I'm happy with Cully and plus we've got Jesus Shuttlesworth coming in next season who can help with some minutes at the point. Iowa will be fine without Kaylon Williams and better off IMHO.

Latest posts