Katz says he thinks Iowa

IMO, it's conclusive: losing in the first round of the NCAA has more of a debilitating effect on recruiting than going national in NY City at the NIT...

So you think most recruits would rather win a couple games in the NIT than go to the NCAA Tournament? I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one. The NCAA's is what it's all about. Just ask those teams who are seeded 13th-16th in the NCAA's if they would rather have gone to the NIT instead. Or any 4-5* recruit (or any recruit for that matter) if they would rather go to the finals of the NIT or go to the NCAA Tournament.

Plus, you're assuming that Iowa is going to lose in the first round.

I suspect Fran's recent recruiting success has more to do with building relationships with the recruits and their coaches over the past year or two and Iowa being ranked almost all year and getting (mostly) positive press all year long. I don't recall Trey Dickerson or Brandon Hutton talking much about Iowa's NIT run last year.

IMO, it's conclusive: losing in the first round of the NCAA has more of a debilitating effect on recruiting than going national in NY City at the NIT... Of course, playing style has something to do with it, too. Why Wisky will never recruit well (and, IMO, why Wisky is starting to open things up at bit).

I look forward to seeing your picture in the "who got arrested" section of the DMR.

Homer Champless 44, Des Moines
Possession of sch. II Crack, public intox, public intox

Not on the bubble but if we lose to Northwestern it's the ultimate sign that we're likely toast and won't come close to winning a tourney game. Playing well tomorrow night would go a long way to bringing some positive energy back to everyone.

We're not playing for in or out...we're playing for seeding. I think a #5 is still up for grabs.