Karan Higdon

I am probably more pumped about Higdon's commitment than about any other Iowa commitment in the past 3-4 years. This kid seems like he is absolutely the real deal on and off the field.

-4-star running back with fantastic size/speed combination
-4.0 GPA with Pre-Med aspirations
-Team captain who put up a 300 yard game on his Senior Night
-Was an emotional leader in his community following the death of a classmate this summer. Was at the forefront of welcoming and comforting the mother of the slain classmate at a pregame ceremony at his team's season opener this year.

Pre-Med? He'll play early and often. Kirk loves him some Organic Chemisty.

he has great burst and quick acceleration, along with a quick lateral jump step. I like. Higdon, Smith, Parker and LD could be quite exciting.

I love everything about this recruit.

Mature, smart, and a great runner.

Reminds me of another florida prep, James White....of Wisky in college.

Sounds like Michigan is sniffing around Higdon. Hopefully they don't offer, and he stays a Hawk. I think he has a shot of being a really good RB for us.

Sounds like Michigan is sniffing around Higdon. Hopefully they don't offer, and he stays a Hawk. I think he has a shot of being a really good RB for us.

Sounds like he's a high quality kid and decommitting from UCF probably wasn't easy for him. I can't imagine him decommitting for a second time... one can hope!

Looks like Titus Booker will switch from Wisconsin to Michigan, probably don't need both of them at this point.

Howe has a article about Higdon, but you have to be a paying member to access it. Giving the high points, lets just say Karan says he is very solid on his Hawkeye committment, and he isn't looking to redshirt or play "late in the year." He is coming to Iowa with his sights set on the starting RB job.

Love to see that kind of attitude, hopefully he pulls it off, or if he doesn't I hope it is because Canzeri or Daniels just stepped up even more.

Higdon has a Michigan offer now. Says he is still solid with Iowa, but I really wish they didn't put a scholarship on the table for him. It would really be crushing to lose him at this point

Welp... we've seen this story before

I thought Kf pulled their scholarship offer if they visited another school after verbally committing to Iowa? Must be desperate if he doesn't do that with Karan. Oh well, maybe Solon has a walk on we can offer. Immediate playing time to offer and kids that are worth other offers still don't want to come here. Gee, I think maybe the coach is the problem. This is almost comical how bad our recruiting is.

I thought Kf pulled their scholarship offer if they visited another school after verbally committing to Iowa? Must be desperate if he doesn't do that with Karan.
He hasn't done that for years now. One example of KF trying to adapt to the changing recruiting landscape.

I thought Kf pulled their scholarship offer if they visited another school after verbally committing to Iowa? Must be desperate if he doesn't do that with Karan. Oh well, maybe Solon has a walk on we can offer. Immediate playing time to offer and kids that are worth other offers still don't want to come here. Gee, I think maybe the coach is the problem. This is almost comical how bad our recruiting is.

Only when they went on visits WITHOUT telling Iowa staff. This is nothing new, nor is it comical. It's SOP, especially for a coach like Harbaugh who is is just arriving and going after his types of players.

KH hasn't switched to Michigan yet. And if he does, well, not much anyone can do about it.

Only when they went on visits WITHOUT telling Iowa staff. This is nothing new, nor is it comical. It's SOP, especially for a coach like Harbaugh who is is just arriving and going after his types of players.

KH hasn't switched to Michigan yet. And if he does, well, not much anyone can do about it.

No offense, 62, but that is the very definition of "that's football" that has been pressing our program down. kfootball needs to save this recruit because he is the best chance we have at fixing the biggest offensive challenge we'll have in 2015. kfootball needs to earn his keep on this one.

Latest posts