Kansas 1A State Semi's has some fireworks

I don't understand.
That pic you posted.

It looks like this in the thread:

bKqnkOY.png

Probably a knifing, pig theft, or spilling the moonshine.

Just a quick clarification... there is no flagarant 1/2 in high school.

If the player wasn’t ejected, it was ruled an intentional foul.

Should have been an easy flagarant/ejection.

Just a quick clarification... there is no flagarant 1/2 in high school.

If the player wasn’t ejected, it was ruled an intentional foul.

Should have been an easy flagarant/ejection.
Guessing that crew won’t be getting state or high level games in the near future (acknowledging that the prep season is likely done for the year). OTOH, hoops officiating in Kansas might be so bad these guys graded out OK. I dunno.

There was serious talk about implementing the shot clock at the high school level in Wisconsin. It actually passed, effective 2018-2019, then was reversed. It would have involved the cost of installing the clocks. And hiring an extra scorers table official to operate it. At that stage live monitors probably wouldn't have been too far behind. And replays. And probably then the flagrant one flagrant two system.

He could have fouled him on the floor but waited until he was airborne. Somewhat similar to the Ed Horton-Jay Burson play that ended Burson's career but:

Horton made a play on the ball.

Burson was still on the ground.

Burson weighed about 105 lbs (okay maybe 155 soaking wet) and it didn't take much to send him spinning.

BTW I was in section KK row two that night. I within Chris Kingsbury's range of the play. It wasn't more than 30 feet from me. Today, Burson would have been immobolized and strapped to a Gurnee. Back then he played the rest of the half, albeit rubbing the back of his neck. Turned out he fractured a veriibrae.

And Horton was never the same the rest of that season. I think seeing Burson's press conference, where he broke down in tears when he said he was done for the season, may have had an effect on Ed Horton ever/never being aggressive again as a Hawkeye.

And Horton was never the same the rest of that season. I think seeing Burson's press conference, where he broke down in tears when he said he was done for the season, may have had an effect on Ed Horton ever/never being aggressive again as a Hawkeye.
Later that year Horton "accidentally" aggravated ligaments in Rumeal Robinson's shooting hand which may have led to Rumeal's notoriously bad free throw shooting--until a NC was on the line.

In all seriousness, I felt bad for Burson too. But the little SOB probably had the most punchable mug in the league (Picture Home Alone era McCauley Caulkin at his brattiest). He may also have had the best pure shooting stroke in the league.