Kaleb Brown, Leshon Williams Hitting Portal

On the bright side, I guess...

Don't have to worry anymore about any reporters mixing up Kaleb Brown with Kaleb Johnson, which I saw a real reporter do recently.

People on this message board no longer have have to figure out what is the correct spelling of Leshon Williams first name.

He's turbo gone

The Flash Barry Allen GIF - TheFlash BarryAllen DcComics - Discover ...

Later, Lads

Two things can be true at once. Of course we have a huge problem in the WR room and there are no quick fixes to that room or the offense as a whole. I hate to sound like KF, but Iowa put itself in a deep whole on offense and the players and coaches just need to grind to get out. There is no WR pixy dust that fixes this problem.

That said, Brown is not a loss. He could not get close to the field at OSU, barely added value last year, and by most accounts was just unable to grasp the new offense. Adding his OWI, it just seems like the kid should be cordially wished well in his journey elsewhere.

Pixie Dust GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Is Leshon Williams still hurt? He proved to be a solid back and a good teammate last year. I hope he gets healthy and finds a home that can use his talents.

Ferentz said, ""The bottom line is this, not to be callous, but if a player is really not playing, it's not like you lose anything that way."
That seems like such an anti KF sort of thing to be saying... Makes me think losing players in the middle of the yr like this has gotten to him. Williams is a good kid he took a pounding last yr playing behind that crappy Oline.

I'd say it's more then being 'callous' to speak about him that way but it's being a straight up dick. We all know with RBs depth can be a problematic thing losing an experienced tough kid like LW isn't ideal for the team even if he hasn't seen the field much this yr yet.

Brown I'm guessing there's more to the story why he hasn't been playing. Clearly he's talented I'm guessing he never fully got out of the doghouse from his OWI and just got off on wrong foot with Lester. With this O providing so few opportunities for WRs trying to catchup or pass others on depth chart is damn near impossible

Ferentz said, ""The bottom line is this, not to be callous, but if a player is really not playing, it's not like you lose anything that way."
Wow. Was KF drunk?

All he had to say is that it part of the new world, he doesn't particularly care for it, they are good players, he wishes them well. This sounded like something Brian would say.

That seems like such an anti KF sort of thing to be saying... Makes me think losing players in the middle of the yr like this has gotten to him. Williams is a good kid he took a pounding last yr playing behind that crappy Oline.

I'd say it's more then being 'callous' to speak about him that way but it's being a straight up dick. We all know with RBs depth can be a problematic thing losing an experienced tough kid like LW isn't ideal for the team even if he hasn't seen the field much this yr yet.

Brown I'm guessing there's more to the story why he hasn't been playing. Clearly he's talented I'm guessing he never fully got out of the doghouse from his OWI and just got off on wrong foot with Lester. With this O providing so few opportunities for WRs trying to catchup or pass others on depth chart is damn near impossible
As a coach I have zero issue with it. We can call it being a straight up dick all we want but we've got two players that that decided to rule themselves out the remainder of the season and leave the team after 5 games. I'd be pissed too. While I totally understand the logic behind them leaving they made a decision and quit on not only their coaches but their teammates, so while I get it that it isn't a good look for KF to say what he did I think he may have publicly said what some of their former teammates were thinking.
Regardless of NIL and the new era of college football it's still a team game and too many players are in it for only themselves. Not saying that applies to either Kaleb or LeShon, but if it does I have no problem whatsoever with a coach not taking the gloom and doom approach to them leaving or not necessarily taking the high road.

As a coach I have zero issue with it. We can call it being a straight up dick all we want but we've got two players that that decided to rule themselves out the remainder of the season and leave the team after 5 games. I'd be pissed too. While I totally understand the logic behind them leaving they made a decision and quit on not only their coaches but their teammates, so while I get it that it isn't a good look for KF to say what he did I think he may have publicly said what some of their former teammates were thinking.
Regardless of NIL and the new era of college football it's still a team game and too many players are in it for only themselves. Not saying that applies to either Kaleb or LeShon, but if it does I have no problem whatsoever with a coach not taking the gloom and doom approach to them leaving or not necessarily taking the high road.
Yeah and I think the whole 'Team' thing is overblown. It's everyman for themselves. Coaches are the exact same way. Coaches go straight from recruiting visits to an interview with another program with nothing stopping them from hopping around. It's been that way forever. Things have finally just gotten closer to being even although they still aren't

Players have more freedom now and that's a good thing. So it can't be looked at as bad for them to use it. Granted coaches can express their not liking it if they want. But how do they think that'll be looked at for future recruiting? If a kid has the option to go to a coach that's more open to kids coming and going and all things NIL that's where they'll prefer going first and foremost.

Yeah and I think the whole 'Team' thing is overblown. It's everyman for themselves. Coaches are the exact same way. Coaches go straight from recruiting visits to an interview with another program with nothing stopping them from hopping around. It's been that way forever. Things have finally just gotten closer to being even although they still aren't

Players have more freedom now and that's a good thing. So it can't be looked at as bad for them to use it. Granted coaches can express their not liking it if they want. But how do they think that'll be looked at for future recruiting? If a kid has the option to go to a coach that's more open to kids coming and going and all things NIL that's where they'll prefer going first and foremost.
I'm not arguing with you and I think your spot on about the "team" thing being replaced by an every man for themselves attitude. But as fan, former player, and as a coach (albeit at the club and varsity level) I have no issues with players playing for themselves or doing what they feel is best for them, but there's a time and place to make those decisions, and the middle of the season isn't that time. And I hope most players and recruits would see the difference between a coach being on board with players coming and going and a coach being pissed off (and rightfully so) when quality players make that decision midseason and quit.

From a player and coach perspective I've had a number of players that played important roles decide not to return and while it hurt the team it never changed what I thought about them as individuals. That said I can't say the same about how my opinion (or those of their teammates) have changed toward those that have quit midseason. I just don't think the coach should always have to take the high road when they've invested so much time and energy working with those individuals just to see them turn their backs on the program and their teammates.

The other reality is that we are 5 games in and neither has seen the field much and the guys in front of them are younger, so why burn a year of eligibility sitting on the bench? KF is right that these are not really losses for the team, and probably the best thing for the kids in the long run if getting on the field is the goal.

The other reality is that we are 5 games in and neither has seen the field much and the guys in front of them are younger, so why burn a year of eligibility sitting on the bench? KF is right that these are not really losses for the team, and probably the best thing for the kids in the long run if getting on the field is the goal.
Plus they can recruit more at those 2 positions now with out taking away schollies for current players or over promising schollies to HSers like other schools often do.

Latest posts