Kale Abrahamson to Northwestern

I've never seen Abrahamson play, so would he have been a 3 or 4?

Either. He's more of a slashing 4 (Aaron White type of player) with an improved shot and decent ball skills. He could play the 3 but probably better suited and cause more problems as a 4 that can shoot off the ball screen or hit the jump shot from outside. He does remind me of Jon Shurna at NW whom he will be replacing. He's better as a HS senior than Shurna was.

Abrahamson is not the player Iowa needs right now...he is not going to be the type of player to help turn a program around. He is a typical Lickliter type of recruit.

Iowa only offered after the Hubbard debacle and probably knew they had no shot. In order to keep the natives happy, I think some window dressing offers to players like Washpun and Abrahamson have to go out. While I think he is a nice player, I agree with others that we have 2-3 guys on the roster at his spot and he isn't going to be a difference maker. It will be interesting to watch him at NW and Uthoff at WI the next few years.

Seems like kids are deciding in this early period, so hopefully we get more good news.

Either. He's more of a slashing 4 (Aaron White type of player) with an improved shot and decent ball skills. He could play the 3 but probably better suited and cause more problems as a 4 that can shoot off the ball screen or hit the jump shot from outside. He does remind me of Jon Shurna at NW whom he will be replacing. He's better as a HS senior than Shurna was.

you previously compared KA to Kyle Meyer. From the limited clips i've seen of each, I would say they have very few if any similiarities except skin color. At any rate, good luck to the kid.

Your mention of Aaron White is noteworthy, as I wouldn't be surprised if Kale saw him as a major hurdle to overcome for playing time if he were to choose Iowa, although I think Aarons body may allow him to play the four once he fills out, whereas Kale seems to be way too light to grow into that position. KA seems like a wing all the way based on his body type and the limited clips I've seen. If he is expected to play the four, I would liken it to Todd Lickliter proclaiming Eric May will occupy the four in his system. While technically it can happen, there is really no reason it should even be considered at the big 10 level.

Upper body strength would be a problem for Kale playing the 4 in college. Offensively he would be fine and cause problems, but defensively he would struggle to guard someone like Basabe in the paint. He needs to get stronger without messing up his shooting stroke. He will probably play the 2/3 position defensively at Valley this year.

Nothing against the kid, but I would hope that Fran shoots a little higher than this given some of the other names we are hearing in Hawkeye recruiting lately. Drake or UNI do seem very possible, though.

I really don't see Fran or Fred giving him a scholly. If he really wants to come back to Iowa, I could see him at UNI or even Drake.

UNI would be a pretty good fit for him. Collins made do with what he had this year, but now is when he can start phasing out the Princeton guys and bring in more athletic players who fit the system he wants to have.

I heard about this yesterday. Pretty crappy thing for Collins to do. Sure, I was disappointed that he had what seemed like a career game (at least in Big Ten play) against Iowa due to our zone not rotating fast enough, but by all accounts he's a solid kid. If I were his parents, I'd have told Collins to pound sand. I get a guy like Crean or Groce running kids off and it isn't like the academic package was part of their inducement to go to Indiana or Illinois, but NU coaches need to be held to a higher standard.

I heard about this yesterday. Pretty crappy thing for Collins to do. Sure, I was disappointed that he had what seemed like a career game (at least in Big Ten play) against Iowa due to our zone not rotating fast enough, but by all accounts he's a solid kid. If I were his parents, I'd have told Collins to pound sand. I get a guy like Crean or Groce running kids off and it isn't like the academic package was part of their inducement to go to Indiana or Illinois, but NU coaches need to be held to a higher standard.

Just talked to a buddy who claims Kale was told he would always be a role player and was unlikely to start, so he decided to take his ball and go home, thus I retract my prior comment. I hope the kid can land at Harvard or some other Ivy because he sure ain't going pro in basketball and having a degree from a top school is becoming more and more important the longer the "economic recovery" takes place.

He made a good decision to leave the mildcats. Their program is garbage they are bottom feeders and will continue to be for some time. He can do better at most any other team.

He made a good decision to leave the mildcats. Their program is garbage they are bottom feeders and will continue to be for some time. He can do better at most any other team.

And yet they managed to win at Wisconsin and Indiana and protect their home court against Illinois, not to mention beat Iowa in the Big Ten Tourney a few days ago. If they are bottom feeders, then Iowa is basically the stuff that the bottom feeders feed on at this point.

And yet they managed to win at Wisconsin and Indiana and protect their home court against Illinois, not to mention beat Iowa in the Big Ten Tourney a few days ago. If they are bottom feeders, then Iowa is basically the stuff that the bottom feeders feed on at this point.

I'm not of these boards enough to know if you are a troll, but this is just stupid. You should feel bad.

body of work.

Latest posts