Kale Abrahamson to Northwestern

Now that Kale has committed I can say publicly I knew of his decision back in the winter. He said he had no interest in Iowa or Iowa State. Northwestern is great fit for Kale. His type of offense and academics. Iowa already has Aaron White and Kyle Meyer - 2 guys very similar.

Now that Kale has committed I can say publicly I knew of his decision back in the winter. He said he had no interest in Iowa or Iowa State. Northwestern is great fit for Kale. His type of offense and academics. Iowa already has Aaron White and Kyle Meyer - 2 guys very similar.

You knew he was going to Northwestern? Or you knew he wasn't going to ISU or Iowa? It's a perfect fit for him. Should be fun watching him in that system.

Ryno, do you know if Kale maybe lost some offers. I had heard he didn't have as great of summer on the AAU circuit and some of those offers (Wake and Stanford) may not have been around now. Do you know if that is accurate? Not saying it to be true, just asking? Again, good fit for Kale.

He's a great scorer, he needs to get a little tougher to play D in the Big 10. Good luck to him.

Damn, am I the only one that was hoping Iowa would get this kid? I think he would have helped the program and I always love watching local kids play for the Hawks.

Damn, am I the only one that was hoping Iowa would get this kid? I think he would have helped the program and I always love watching local kids play for the Hawks.

I think most wanted him, but most realized there was no shot. Iowa was late to the game and he said right after the offer that he really wasn't feeling it.

Good for him ... Not too broken up about this announcement ...

Me either but it still annoys me when a kid we have an offer to chooses another school in the same conference especially when his coach played there not too long ago. But, if his primary reason is academics then I understand.

You knew he was going to Northwestern? Or you knew he wasn't going to ISU or Iowa? It's a perfect fit for him. Should be fun watching him in that system.

I knew back during basketball season he wasn't interested in Iowa (before his offer) or ISU but thought maybe after Iowa offer he'd reconsider. He had mentioned Northwestern and Wake Forrest as his favorites but I think Wake cooled off of him recently. He really was focused on academics, he's a great kid in the classroom. Great fit both academically and athletically at Northwestern. Valley runs a more uptempo Northwestern offense that utilizes a lot of ball screens and pick and rolls so this fits him a little better than what Iowa is implementing. Plus Iowa has two very similar players in White and Meyer already committed.

I knew back during basketball season he wasn't interested in Iowa (before his offer) or ISU but thought maybe after Iowa offer he'd reconsider. He had mentioned Northwestern and Wake Forrest as his favorites but I think Wake cooled off of him recently. He really was focused on academics, he's a great kid in the classroom. Great fit both academically and athletically at Northwestern. Valley runs a more uptempo Northwestern offense that utilizes a lot of ball screens and pick and rolls so this fits him a little better than what Iowa is implementing. Plus Iowa has two very similar players in White and Meyer already committed.

I've never seen Abrahamson play, so would he have been a 3 or 4?

Ryno, do you know if Kale maybe lost some offers. I had heard he didn't have as great of summer on the AAU circuit and some of those offers (Wake and Stanford) may not have been around now. Do you know if that is accurate? Not saying it to be true, just asking? Again, good fit for Kale.

Don't think he "lost" offers but sounded like Wake, who Kale was high on, backed off a little recently and Northwestern was going hard after him. I don't know about Stanford, never asked about them. I know from talking with him that NW and Wake were his favorites and not really interested in ISU or Iowa but wanted to show respect for in-state schools.

I would have loved to see Kale at Iowa (or even ISU) but honestly think he's much better off at NW athletically AND academically. He's a great kid.

Latest posts