Kaczenski officially gone

So let me get this straight. We are glad to see Coach K go because of player attrition, but we want to keep Erb even though he has been the coach who presided over this attrition list. Douglass, Bowmann, Cleveland, Pugh, Brinson, Wegher, Hampton, ARob, McCall, & Coker?

The difference is that in most of those cases, there was some other factor leading to their departure from the team (a lot of off the field issues packed into that list).

An awful lot of the DL transfers are just out of the blue transfers with the classic "homesick" tag. I'm sure there are some cases in which that was true. But no way was it all of them.

I wanted some new blood on the coaching staff. Now we are getting 2 new coaches. This is good. A healthy amount of turnover. I'm going to sit back and see what happens. I have no inside information, but I believe that all of you will be pleasantly surprised with the results. Go Hawks!

I wanted some new blood on the coaching staff. Now we are getting 2 new coaches. This is good. A healthy amount of turnover. I'm going to sit back and see what happens. I have no inside information, but I believe that all of you will be pleasantly surprised with the results. Go Hawks!

I am inclined to agree....not necessarily with the new blood, but it can be embraced for certain. Honestly someone made a decent point in another thread about KF never fires, but he dos seem to get "new" guys from time to time....take it for what its worth.

Recruiting is my concern and as long as that hangs in there I anticipate some new excitement coming our way. Good excitement I think I should add.....:D

Chad

Agree, this goes a long ways with the tweaks/changes I was hoping for. Defensively anyways, and may help the O as well even.

So let me get this straight. We are glad to see Coach K go because of player attrition, but we want to keep Erb even though he has been the coach who presided over this attrition list. Douglass, Bowmann, Cleveland, Pugh, Brinson, Wegher, Hampton, ARob, McCall, & Coker?

There is a HUGE difference between RBers breaking their knees, getting suspended, knocking up the coeds and/or getting kicked off the team, than the DLs just leaving for no apparent reason...

You heard it here first...

Bobby Fischer to replace Rich Kaczenski as D-line coach at Iowa. My exclusive source confirms that details are being hammered out and an announcement should be made soon.

I for one like this hire. I think he could help the new defensive coordinator implement strategic schemes that will be extremely difficult for offensives to figure out.

There is a HUGE difference between RBers breaking their knees, getting suspended, knocking up the coeds and/or getting kicked off the team, than the DLs just leaving for no apparent reason...

This ^. That position is bleeding players to the tune of losing seven defensive linemen the last couple of seasons. That's more than enough to raise a few flags with the way Kac is running his unit.

That's more than enough to raise a few flags with the way Kac is running his unit.

The fact that those flags weren't raised in turn raises concerns about Norm and Kirk and how the program is being run in general.

That the unit hemorrhaged players gives the impression that neither of them ever bothered to address the situation, one way or the other. It also makes me question (again) whether Ferentz is too loyal to his assistants.

The fact that those flags weren't raised in turn raises concerns about Norm and Kirk and how the program is being run in general.

That the unit hemorrhaged players gives the impression that neither of them ever bothered to address the situation, one way or the other. It also makes me question (again) whether Ferentz is too loyal to his assistants.

:confused:

Truth be Told, KF, Norm, and the rest of the staff follow these forums every day to get their ideas, and to help them in their decision making. That's why Coach K left. They were already aware, after having read your post, that change was needed....therefore, Norm retiring and Coach K out the door. Good Job posters! Job well done! Or maybe the biggest problem is that the coaches read all of these blogs, and are totally confused about what to do, by reading so many different experts opinions!

You heard it here first...

Bobby Fischer to replace Rich Kaczenski as D-line coach at Iowa. My exclusive source confirms that details are being hammered out and an announcement should be made soon.

I for one like this hire. I think he could help the new defensive coordinator implement strategic schemes that will be extremely difficult for offensives to figure out.

Except for the fact I believe Mr Ficsher passed on a few years back.

Chad

Really...............we get it you don't like Norm of KF, because clearly they didn't address it and it looks like Kaz is going to be here for years to come……:rolleyes:

Chad

Truth be Told, KF, Norm, and the rest of the staff follow these forums every day to get their ideas, and to help them in their decision making. That's why Coach K left. They were already aware, after having read your post, that change was needed....therefore, Norm retiring and Coach K out the door. Good Job posters! Job well done! Or maybe the biggest problem is that the coaches read all of these blogs, and are totally confused about what to do, by reading so many different experts opinions!

Touché…………….pretty easy to see we don’t have a whole lot of fortune 500 CEO’s in here eh?!?!

Chad

Well, I'm glad all of you are good at pulling ******** out of thin air, instead of actually addressing my comment.

People seem to be happy that Kaczenski is gone and saying that he perhaps the reason why so many defensive players have left. Yet, I don't see you clowns disputing that.

Kaczienski he'd been on the staff for what, 5 years? Ferentz and Parker had plenty of time to get rid of him if he was such a cancer. Instead, he's leaving apparently of his own accord.

And considering that we're now basically down to pulling a kid off the street to play RB for us in the bowl game, it's pretty damn obvious that Ferentz has some problems right now, problems that have been going on for years now and don't look like they're going to go away any time soon.

Another thread started this morning wonders aloud if Erb also needs to go, also because he seems to have no control over his unit.

But, ignore that if it makes you feel better about the state of Iowa football. :rolleyes:

The difference is that in most of those cases, there was some other factor leading to their departure from the team (a lot of off the field issues packed into that list).

An awful lot of the DL transfers are just out of the blue transfers with the classic "homesick" tag. I'm sure there are some cases in which that was true. But no way was it all of them.
Bottom line, when you have to go that far to get players (FLA, CA, TX) more of them will become homesick when they decided to go to school at a place like Iowa, or any upper midwest school. Not only is it a long way from home, it is a big culture shock going and the weather change probably has some effect, too.

At least, since Coach Kaz is seemingly headed to Lincoln, I hope that it is the case.

Latest posts