Kaczenski officially gone

It could mean any number of things. Iowa needs a defensive coordinator, a defensive line coach, and a Florida-area recruiter and can use two people to fill those spots. Aiken could fill all of three of those roles, though that would be a lot of responsibility for one assistant coach. There are a few other guys that could fill a couple of the roles (Jim Leavitt?), and I could also see Iowa promoting a GA or other internal person (LaVar Woods?) to fill a spot as well. It will be an interesting couple of weeks to start the new year.

Edit: Iowa could also potentially have openings at LB coach (Leavitt's specialty), RB coach, and special teams coach, since Iowa has a pair of coaches that split duties between those three spots. I could definitely see the Hawkeyes bringing in Aiken to do DC/DL, promoting LeVar Woods to the LB coach, shifting Lester Erb to RBs only, and shifting Darrell Wilson to special teams only.

This would be an awesome move IMO.

the next few weeks are going to kill off a lot of posters because of suspense and speculation
with who the new DC will be
if it is from within or outside the program
or how and who will get switched to different positions

Yeah we are certainly hosed....other than Reese Morgan when Philbin left, Kaz when Aiken left and Soup Campbell when Jackson retired KF has NEVER hired a good replacement.

We are so dead...

Chad
Those guys are all position coaches. It's a slightly bigger impact in hiring a coordinator...of course he's 0/0 in hiring a new coordinator, simply because he's never had to do it (at Iowa, anyway).

Wasn't Kaz a grad assistant before moving to DL? For some reason I thought he was a defensive GA, which I would consider an internal hire.

Those guys are all position coaches. It's a slightly bigger impact in hiring a coordinator...of course he's 0/0 in hiring a new coordinator, simply because he's never had to do it (at Iowa, anyway).

Wasn't Kaz a grad assistant before moving to DL? For some reason I thought he was a defensive GA, which I would consider an internal hire.

I believe so....but it wasn't all that popular per the fans if you rememeber. Just another example of KF being loyal and not knowing what he was doing....

Chad

This isn't a big loss. Coach K didn't have the best reputation among players and especially coaches who did clinics with him.

Iowa is better off to be honest.

I agree, I'm glad to see him go. The player attrition at his position indicates he's another Frank Verducci.

Yeah we are certainly hosed....other than Reese Morgan when Philbin left, Kaz when Aiken left and Soup Campbell when Jackson retired KF has NEVER hired a good replacement.

We are so dead...

Chad

Chad your post doesn't inspire much confidence in me considering the fact Morgan and Kaz were a huge step down from the coaches they replaced.

Something negative happens....Ryno is here

So let me get this straight. We are glad to see Coach K go because of player attrition, but we want to keep Erb even though he has been the coach who presided over this attrition list. Douglass, Bowmann, Cleveland, Pugh, Brinson, Wegher, Hampton, ARob, McCall, & Coker?

So let me get this straight. We are glad to see Coach K go because of player attrition, but we want to keep Erb even though he has been the coach who presided over this attrition list. Douglass, Bowmann, Cleveland, Pugh, Brinson, Wegher, Hampton, ARob, McCall, & Coker?

Dont try and use logic here

Chad your post doesn't inspire much confidence in me considering the fact Morgan and Kaz were a huge step down from the coaches they replaced.

Well PJ, I'd personally say Morgan has way exceeded what "our" fans said he'd do. You know our fans, they are typically spot on. Not saying he is a Joe Philbin but the guy is the OC at Green Bay, who is……

And I’ll tell you the truth, what I have read by you and others makes me think it is certainly fine Kaz is leaving, but that doesn’t in any way shape or form mean he didn’t do a fine job. Heck he is being recruited…..

Chad

Bo_Pelini.jpeg

Ostrich

Erb is a rb coach so scratch, Douglas, Bowman and Cleveland as they were WR off that list
Coker and McCall have not left, and Coker as of now is 12th on the list of all time Iowa rushers
Wegher got into trouble and left, Hampton was injured and moved down the chart
A-Rob got dismissed due to drugs
Brinson and Pugh it is a regular rumor both got home sick
attrittion happens but to just throw names out there is wrong
Erb put out alot of good RB out Greene comes to mind 1st
even though A Rob and Wegher got into trouble both figured were a big part of the Iowa offense and both got a lot of carries the same season dispelling the rampant myth that one RB get all the carries and Freshmen don't play

Erb is a rb coach so scratch, Douglas, Bowman and Cleveland as they were WR off that list
Coker and McCall have not left, and Coker as of now is 12th on the list of all time Iowa rushers
Wegher got into trouble and left, Hampton was injured and moved down the chart
A-Rob got dismissed due to drugs
Brinson and Pugh it is a regular rumor both got home sick
attrittion happens but to just throw names out there is wrong
Erb put out alot of good RB out Greene comes to mind 1st
even though A Rob and Wegher got into trouble both figured were a big part of the Iowa offense and both got a lot of carries the same season dispelling the rampant myth that one RB get all the carries and Freshmen don't play

Why do you hate punctuation so much?

Latest posts