Kaczenski officially gone

Not surprised by this obviously. But it seems like crap is going down left and right with this program. I would not be surprised to see KF take the Kansas City job. They way people are leaving and being suspended it could spell the end of an era.

Not surprised by this obviously. But it seems like crap is going down left and right with this program. I would not be surprised to see KF take the Kansas City job. They way people are leaving and being suspended it could spell the end of an era.

I thought that some other guy on here said Fisher was going to be the coach, and KF was 6th on the list?

I hope its because we hired someone outside the program as D-Coordinator if not get used to mediocrity. I have no faith in Phil Parker

I think we will see some of these DL recruits look elsewhere now as well.

The only DLine commit recruited by Kaz was Demauntas who committed without ever visiting campus..

It's a fair assessment, but as usual, you didn't look at the details or think about it before you posted.

This isn't a big loss. Coach K didn't have the best reputation among players and especially coaches who did clinics with him.

Iowa is better off to be honest.

I thought this is what everybody wanted? End of an era/end of time/dogs and cats, living together!

I thought this is what everybody wanted? End of an era/end of time/dogs and cats, living together!

Yeah no crap the schizophrenia of this board is hard to follow. We need, new blood, oooppps, not that new blood, Oklahoma is in disarray, oh wait now we are…….

Man I miss the old days, when we found out about stuff before the game….or in the paper.

Chad

Will coach K be staying on through the bowl game? If not, seems kind of odd that he's moving on so quickly. It would seem to me like a DL coach would usually stick it out through the final game.

The only DLine commit recruited by Kaz was Demauntas who committed without ever visiting campus..

It's a fair assessment, but as usual, you didn't look at the details or think about it before you posted.

Chad. But I wasn't going to be this harsh.

Could this mean that Ron Aiken is joining the staff to become the DC and DL coach???

It could mean any number of things. Iowa needs a defensive coordinator, a defensive line coach, and a Florida-area recruiter and can use two people to fill those spots. Aiken could fill all of three of those roles, though that would be a lot of responsibility for one assistant coach. There are a few other guys that could fill a couple of the roles (Jim Leavitt?), and I could also see Iowa promoting a GA or other internal person (LaVar Woods?) to fill a spot as well. It will be an interesting couple of weeks to start the new year.

Edit: Iowa could also potentially have openings at LB coach (Leavitt's specialty), RB coach, and special teams coach, since Iowa has a pair of coaches that split duties between those three spots. I could definitely see the Hawkeyes bringing in Aiken to do DC/DL, promoting LeVar Woods to the LB coach, shifting Lester Erb to RBs only, and shifting Darrell Wilson to special teams only.

Last edited:
It could be that he wanted the D coordinator job, found out he wasn't getting it and decided to leave town.

I'd love to see LaVar Woods get an opportunity.

I hope its because we hired someone outside the program as D-Coordinator if not get used to mediocrity. I have no faith in Phil Parker

Yeah we are certainly hosed....other than Reese Morgan when Philbin left, Kaz when Aiken left and Soup Campbell when Jackson retired KF has NEVER hired a good replacement.

We are so dead...

Chad

Latest posts