Just took a gander at the other site...

IMO, ripped the band aid off. The racial tension was right underneath the surface and everyone was dancing around it.
How was there possibly racial tension? Basketball has been dominated by black people for decades. Everyone is plenty used to it by now. It's not like Iowa finally ran into a team with black players on it. They've been playing teams full of black players all year and all of their careers.

How was there possibly racial tension? Basketball has been dominated by black people for decades. Everyone is plenty used to it by now. It's not like Iowa finally ran into a team with black players on it. They've been playing teams full of black players all year and all of their careers.

Based on how quickly this got ugly, it is pretty obvious that there was racial tension brewing underneath the surface. If you want to be oblivious to it, that's your deal, man.

Last edited:
Based on how quickly this got ugly, it is pretty obvious that there was racial tension brewing underneath the surface. If you want to be oblivious to it, that's your deal, man.
What got ugly? Someone being a bad sport and getting called out? What else? I really have no idea what you're talking about. Why would it "get ugly" the last game because the team was full of black players when every team is full of black players? If there were racial tensions, it was because some people didn't like the idea if a team full of white players. Maybe that's what you're talking about and I assumed you meant something else I guess.

I don't think it had to get to that level though. I don't think Lisa's comments to the press about being in a bar brawl pointed to anything. Just because one side wants to hear or read that differently and drives the tension doesn't automatically make it racial tension. When some people want racial tension, they are going to see or make racial tension.