Just spoke to a pathologist at the hospital

latrans

I asked him - 12 athletes all with rhabdomyolysis from excercise alone?

Answer - No way.

Take it for what its worth.

I dont think anyone thinks this just came from a hard workout. That said, I'd rather wait to find out what Iowa has to say before going off half cocked.

I dont think anyone thinks this just came from a hard workout. That said, I'd rather wait to find out what Iowa has to say before going off half cocked.

I, respectfully, disagree to the first part and agree completely with the second.

Can you quickly find a dermatologist and ask why the area around my left calf is itchy? There aren't any spots or anything.

Everyone realizes that this could possibly be a situation where it's 1 or 2 guys it happened to and the rest could be precautionary admissions to the hospital, right? I don't know any more than the next dolt who thinks they do, but I'm just saying let's wait and see what comes of the presser before we go jumping off of cliffs over the number "12"...until it's warranted...

Edit: Yes, I know I could be screwed with this statement as they would have probably said something already, if I was right.

Last edited:
Everyone realizes that this could possibly be a situation where it's 1 or 2 guys it happened to and the rest could be precautionary admissions to the hospital, right? I don't know any more than the next dolt who thinks they do, but I'm just saying let's wait and see what comes of the presser before we go jumping off of cliffs over the number "12"...until it's warranted...

No way dude. 12 guys had severe life threatening injuries.

There could also be an outside agent -- supplements, diet, environmental contamination (such as faulty HVAC equipment). Lots of questions to be answered.

I take these reports with a grain of salt. So much speculation without fact these days. I am sure this is getting attention all the way from the Governors office down to the President of the University and beyond. That and 12 sets of upset parents! The reputation of the university is at stake, so there will be a detailed investigation.

I also smell the stench of lawyers circling the hospital trying to line up clients. :)

Last edited:

Edit: Yes, I know I could be screwed with this statement as they would have probably said something already, if I was right.

That was the point - either the number 12 is wrong or something else is in play.

Its no different than a trial, each side will have its experts.

A doctor for the defense will say in his opinion that this was brought about by strenuous exercise.

The doctor for the prosecution would say it is not possible and that supplements contributed to the problem.

The thing is because there was 12 of them, you kind of have to believe they needed to have something in common for all them to be hospitalized. I doubt
if that common bond was related to their normal body make up. So would have to think doctor for the prosecution would probably have a more valid argument.

That was the point - either the number 12 is wrong or something else is in play.

My guess is it was one or two and they heard dudes who went to the hospital got to get away from drill sergeant Doyle for a few days and the list of guys "with symptoms" grew.

Latest posts