Juan Harris has set a new record for commitments to Iowa

If I was Kurt, I'd pull his scholarship right before signing day. Two can play at this game.

Why the hate/sarcasm. I hope that he ends up at Iowa. I don't care if he commits/decommits 10 times. He might have a good sense of playfullness, and is playing you. He appears to definitely be a talented player. Add Kirkpatrick, Epenesa and Harris to make a pretty awesome DL. So welcome aboard Juan. It is great that you are joining the Hawkeye Family. And remember, every family has a couple of flaky members.

having watched his tape and his nike skills academy workouts, Ill let him commit as many times as he wants as long as he ends up at iowa

Even a "soft" verbal.....with Wisci getting "warmer"........ makes me tingly all over...For some reason this saga isn't over by a long shot....

No need to rip the 16 year old, he wanted to take all of his visits and he did. Went to 21 places and now he is solid with the Hawks. Big commitment for the 2017 class. Now we need AJ!

No need to rip the 16 year old, he wanted to take all of his visits and he did. Went to 21 places and now he is solid with the Hawks. Big commitment for the 2017 class. Now we need AJ!

I'll rip on him... as long as it's not in person. It's some embarrassing sh!t to get beat up by a 16 year old.

It sounds like his coaches and the people close to him in North Fayette are heavily encouraging him to go to Iowa. So hopefully that helps Iowa's chances of keeping his commitment. Who knows though? He's certainly going to have the best of the best trying to snag him so nothing would surprise me.

There are 2 things that make me feel at least somewhat confident Iowa will keep him:

1. Reese Morgan will be his position coach. I've met Reese and I was thoroughly impressed. I know people who know him very well and they have nothing but good things to say about him. Reese is a players coach and I think any young man would love to play for him.

2. Iowa's tradition with defensive lineman. There may be more elite programs out there who are offering Juan, but the nice thing is that he plays a position which Iowa can truthfully say they've developed as well as anyone in the country. He might win more games at an elite school like Alabama, but he wouldn't be developed any better there than he would be in Iowa City. In fact, I think you can make a legit argument that he would develop better in Iowa City simply because he'd probably get on the field a little bit quicker.

I would guess those who are around him are making it clear that Iowa is his best choice for a number of reasons.

Morgan is definitely a damn good coach; my only concern if I were in Harris' position would be if Morgan is there for my whole career. He's getting up there, and even if Ferentz pulls off a miracle and rights the ship, I could see Morgan retiring before Harris graduates.

I really hope this one sticks, because it's a HUGE get. I've never seen a kid that size who moves like he does and has such great hand-to-hand skills at 16. It's downright frightening.

Agree, when your 16 these type of decisions are not easy. I have a 56 year old boss who has the same problem.

Just the idea of Harris and AJ on the same line gets me pumped. I'll try not to hold my breath...but one can dream.

Yeah, it's not like late 30s/early 40s Brett Favre "I'm retiring"/"I'm not going to retire"...."I don't want to play anymore"/"I still want to play"...."I'm done playing football"/"I still got something in me to play".

16, I didn't totally know my head from my rear end then, let alone know where to go to college.

Latest posts