JT Barrett Arrested for DUI

Let ye who hath not been in this kids shoes cast the first stone.

So do you mean QB1 on a #1 ranked team, or 20 years old?

I can't speak on the first, but i've been 20. I've also driven when I shouldn't have, I just had the good luck to not get caught. You won't see me do it ever again either. So I guess that means I can cast judgment on his actions?

(Please note: That is all I have done so far. I have not 'cast any stones' at him personally, but at his choice)

Doesn't matter. .09 or .20, the law is the law. And he knew what he was doing was illegal because he tried to bypass a checkpoint. He's 20, which, by OSU's own rules constitutes a violation would make it two violations which is supposed to be mandatory 2 week suspension.

But really, when you're the starting QB for the #1 ranked team in the nation trying to defend your CFP championship, why are you drinking (and then driving) on Friday night/Saturday morning before a game? That's just plain stupid.

And that's what's so dumb about the law. Someone who gets pulled over for a headlight and blows a .08 gets the exact same owi as the guy who gets pulled over for doing 80 through a school zone and blows a .3. The first one at best slightly increases the chance of an accident and the second one is a huge risk.

So do you mean QB1 on a #1 ranked team, or 20 years old?

I can't speak on the first, but i've been 20. I've also driven when I shouldn't have, I just had the good luck to not get caught. You won't see me do it ever again either. So I guess that means I can cast judgment on his actions?

(Please note: That is all I have done so far. I have not 'cast any stones' at him personally, but at his choice)
I guess you didn't understand my point. We have all had a couple beers and drove. You yourself have done it. He was unlucky and got caught and you didn't. There's no reason to beat him up he will learn from it and its really not going to be a big deal. As for having the right to cast judgement I disagree with you. That would be like you cheating on your wife and then judging someone else who gets caught doing the same.

Real men don't call Uber, they drive themselves home. Consequences be damned.
Drunk driving is not persecuted strong enough. Period. My cousin was killed when he was 25 by a drunk driver. Close to the limit or not driving over the limit is illegal. Just like underage drinking is. People do not take drunk driving seriously but drunk it can cause death and that is unacceptable. So go ahead and joke or say that it is no big deal but it is a huge deal. Life and death

He got busted trying to avoid a checkpoint......I have never been through a checkpoint so my question is this: Are they checking everyone out or going after the no brainer stuff like headlight out, not wearing seatbelt,etc.?

Drunk driving is not persecuted strong enough. Period. My cousin was killed when he was 25 by a drunk driver. Close to the limit or not driving over the limit is illegal. Just like underage drinking is. People do not take drunk driving seriously but drunk it can cause death and that is unacceptable. So go ahead and joke or say that it is no big deal but it is a huge deal. Life and death

I don't think anyone is saying it isn't a big deal. But what they are saying, I think, is that the legal limit has been reduced down so low that almost anyone can be legally driving drunk when they have literally had just 1 beer. If you haven't eaten and then down one drink, you could be over the legal limit and not even feel the slightest buzz.

The guy who is driving at .081 is not the guy you need to worry about. The one who kills people is the one who is .025 I don't know what the answer is to stopping the wasted guy without punishing everyone who has a beer.

I can tell you this though. I can't afford to be busted in my line of work. I purchased a personal breathalyzer for about $30. It's quite accurate. I've have had many afternoons at the golf course when I've had a couple beers and thought I was fine to drive. But according to my BAC I'm not. So I hang around another hour, eat something, or call for a ride.

I'd highly recommend a personal breathalyzer to everyone who even casually drinks. There's lots of them out there, this is the one I have.

I know. TL;DR End rant.

People die in car accidents with sober drivers. What happens is someone gets in an accident and kills someone when they blow a .09. There is a good chance that alcohol didn't even play a part but it doesn't matter, it's time to lower the legal limit. It's only a matter of time before enough accidents happen where people blow under .08 and they lower it more. The law definitely needs to be there but the limit is a joke. The sobriety tests should play a lot bigger part in judging whether someone is impaired or not.

If they were really interested in preventing or discouraging DUIs they would make ignition interlock devices as standard as seat belts. DUI fines raise a lot of money for city and state governments.

Doesn't matter. .09 or .20, the law is the law. And he knew what he was doing was illegal because he tried to bypass a checkpoint. He's 20, which, by OSU's own rules constitutes a violation would make it two violations which is supposed to be mandatory 2 week suspension.

But really, when you're the starting QB for the #1 ranked team in the nation trying to defend your CFP championship, why are you drinking (and then driving) on Friday night/Saturday morning before a game? That's just plain stupid.

Or he knew that he was underage and would probably get checked, in which case blowing anything more than zeroes would get him busted.

Latest posts