Jr Freestyle

WildTurkey

Starts today.

Cory Clark at 126.

No Gilman
No Carton
No Skon

Meyer at 170

Brooks up from 182 in Greco to 195 in Freestyle. Im sure Sam was happy to eat!

Good luck to all the future Hawks these next few days! Bring home the Gold.

After session 1

Junior-126 - Cory Clark's place is unknown.
Match #1 Cory Clark (Iowa) over Adrian Avelar (Nevada) Fall 0:29
Match #2 Cory Clark (Iowa) over Ken Bade (Michigan) TF 6-0,7-0

Junior-132 - Christopher Carton's place is unknown.
Match #1 Renaldo Rodriguez-Spencer (New York) over Christopher Carton (Illinois) Dec 6-0,7-2
Match #2 Daniel Lewis (Missouri) over Christopher Carton (Illinois) Dec 1-0,4-0

Junior-145 - Connor Ryan's place is unknown.
Match #1 Connor Ryan (Iowa) over Felipe Jose Luis (Florida) Fall 6-0,1:03
Match #2 Connor Ryan (Iowa) over Dakota Smidt (Missouri) Fall 0:22

Junior-170 - Alex Meyer's place is unknown.
Match #1 Alex Meyer (Iowa) over Dionicio Duran (New York) TF 6-0,6-0
Match #2 Alex Meyer (Iowa) over Tyler Chay (Oregon) ID

Junior-195 - Sam Brooks's place is unknown.
Match #1 Sam Brooks (Illinois) over Robby Chubb (Wisconsin) Fall 6-0,0:24

Sam weighed in at 193, Topher is listed under Illinois. Dont worry WT i missed Topher the first time through as well.

After session 1

Junior-126 - Cory Clark's place is unknown.
Match #1 Cory Clark (Iowa) over Adrian Avelar (Nevada) Fall 0:29
Match #2 Cory Clark (Iowa) over Ken Bade (Michigan) TF 6-0,7-0

Junior-132 - Christopher Carton's place is unknown.
Match #1 Renaldo Rodriguez-Spencer (New York) over Christopher Carton (Illinois) Dec 6-0,7-2
Match #2 Daniel Lewis (Missouri) over Christopher Carton (Illinois) Dec 1-0,4-0

Junior-145 - Connor Ryan's place is unknown.
Match #1 Connor Ryan (Iowa) over Felipe Jose Luis (Florida) Fall 6-0,1:03
Match #2 Connor Ryan (Iowa) over Dakota Smidt (Missouri) Fall 0:22

Junior-170 - Alex Meyer's place is unknown.
Match #1 Alex Meyer (Iowa) over Dionicio Duran (New York) TF 6-0,6-0
Match #2 Alex Meyer (Iowa) over Tyler Chay (Oregon) ID

Junior-195 - Sam Brooks's place is unknown.
Match #1 Sam Brooks (Illinois) over Robby Chubb (Wisconsin) Fall 6-0,0:24

Sam weighed in at 193, Topher is listed under Illinois. Dont worry WT i missed Topher the first time through as well.

Appreciate the update. Will Topher Carton walk-on at Iowa or is he receiving a partial scholly?

Cory Clark loses the first period 6-0 in 32 seconds. Man gut wrenches can be brutal..

Cory wins the second 5-3

And he wins the third 2-2. He scored last..

Congrats to Cory on being a Junior Greco and Freestyle national champ!

The Mckenna kid he beat in the finals from New Jersey is no slouch by the way.

Also of note. Cory was a champ at 126 that had 98 wrestlers registered. Impressive! I think Clark has wrestled something like 18-20 matches over a 5 day span. Congrats again!

Sam Brooks wins a national Freestyle championship aswell at 195!
3-1, fall

Nice pin by Brooks!

Meyer didnt place which is a little surprising after his Greco results. Maybe he should have bumped up to 182 for freestyle. Who knows.

Overall a great Fargo showing for the future Hawks! Cant wait for wrastlin season!

On a side note.. This wrestling board is pretty weak. Hardly any participation or activity. If it wasnt for Pin and a few others this board might aswell shut down. Unless the Hawkeyes win a NC not a lot of people seem to care. Hawkeyereport is smoking this site as far as wrestling related information/activity. Get with the program Hawkeyenation!

Sam Brooks wins a national Freestyle championship aswell at 195!
3-1, fall

Nice pin by Brooks!

Meyer didnt place which is a little surprising after his Greco results. Maybe he should have bumped up to 182 for freestyle. Who knows.

Overall a great Fargo showing for the future Hawks! Cant wait for wrastlin season!

On a side note.. This wrestling board is pretty weak. Hardly any participation or activity. If it wasnt for Pin and a few others this board might aswell shut down. Unless the Hawkeyes win a NC not a lot of people seem to care. Hawkeyereport is smoking this site as far as wrestling related information/activity. Get with the program Hawkeyenation!

Thanks for the updates. On the bold part, I agree. Pin posts articles, but the conversation is pretty weak. The guys who were supposed to bring the good stuff, FF and USAFHawk, either don't bother here anymore or spend there time on TOM.

It'll pick up once wrestling starts back up, but the dead periods are brutal because we don't have the "insiders" that HawkeyeReport does.

Cory Clark was named outstanding wrestler of the Tournament! What a great honor! Man if Skon, Gilman and Burak would have wrestled they would have done fantastic aswell. Really excited about the future of this recruiting class!

Cory Clark was named outstanding wrestler of the Tournament! What a great honor! Man if Skon, Gilman and Burak would have wrestled they would have done fantastic aswell. Really excited about the future of this recruiting class!

Burak couldn't wrestle. He graduated from High School in 2011, thus his junior national eligibility was used up after the 2011 Junior Nationals.

I'll stay with this board. I don't think there is as many insiders on hawkeye report as you think. Just alot of know it alls. Your not an idiot or moron on this board if you disagree or spell a word wrong. I can see taking a break after wrestling season. I check out alot of wrestling forums every day so it's not like I don't know what's going on. Alot of the crap you read is just rumor or speculation. All I know is that the future looks darn good for the Hawks. I watched the Clark and Brooks final on the Mat this morning. Conditioning won it for Clark and skill. Brooks, Wow.

I'll stay with this board. I don't think there is as many insiders on hawkeye report as you think. Just alot of know it alls. Your not an idiot or moron on this board if you disagree or spell a word wrong. I can see taking a break after wrestling season. I check out alot of wrestling forums every day so it's not like I don't know what's going on. Alot of the crap you read is just rumor or speculation. All I know is that the future looks darn good for the Hawks. I watched the Clark and Brooks final on the Mat this morning. Conditioning won it for Clark and skill. Brooks, Wow.
I missed the Brooks final cause i was taking my girl to the doctor. (she has the flu and is really suffering right now but she is gonna make it) Anyways did Sam look undersized? Its crazy to think that Meyer who wrestled at 170 just beat Brooks a few weeks back at 182. Meyer should have wrestled at 182 in freestyle but thats jmo.

This site is not going anywhere as long as Pin and I can hold it down with updates. I wish I could post more but my job and extra activities only allow so much. Fargo is over and now is a down time for kids to heal up before the GRIND of the season. Keep faith in the site info will come.

Brooks was on another level hand fighting on his feet all week. In freestyle he would get an underhook on his opponents left side and just bully people around with it.

most of the garbage you hear are rumors in the off season I personally don't like to get to excited in the off season unless we get a new recruit or transfer. all have to remember no one gets paid on this site to cover wrestling its just for the love of the sport and keeping fellow fans up to date. since i put so much time into following the hawks during wrestling season i take my summer off. once i get to be 40 or older like a lot of the people on other boards i can maybe devote more time to this site but im 28 years old nad there are a lot more important things in life

Latest posts