JoshO, Sandfort and the bench; Connor's sly and one; the whole team

T
I thought he was only here for one year? If he has another year, I can't imagine him staying if Fran tells him he'll continue to be slotted at the Center position which he played this year. He was never a Center, is not a Center, and that will never be his best position. Now if Fran tells him that Mulvey and The Big O are going to alternate as Centers next year and he'll be slotted as a starting power forward -- and he works on his jump shot -- then I could see him sticking around.
Also wonder if both JT and Uhlis will stick around. JT seemed to be in the doghouse near the end of the season and a couple games in a row his body language was poor and when he did get in he messed up -- but then at the end and in the BTTourney it was JT as the 1st sub off the bench. With the emergence of Perkins at the G spot, JT will have a hard decision to make after this season. Same with Uhlis. Whatever they decide, glad they could experience yesterday as Hawk.
These guys are not going anywhere.

Last edited:
Connor did not shit. We all did. Not Connor. He knew exactly what he was doing. Connor is a magician. Watch the replay, he threw it high and he put backspin on the ball so it would pop up high right under the hoop. Keegan actually slowed up a bit to catch and dunk in stride. There isn't another kid in the country that could have done it better.

Yeah, Backspin

It certainly looked like that

Otherwise it would have sailed out of bounds

It was absolutely perfect

They should have called a foul on the boilermaker

Yeah, Backspin

It certainly looked like that

Otherwise it would have sailed out of bounds

It was absolutely perfect

They should have called a foul on the boilermaker
Oh that was definitely a very hard foul. And it was pure shit the ref didnt call it but swallowed his whistle because guys dunking the ball can get undercut and hurt.

What a great 4 games. The huge blowout where the hawks could have scored 140. Then 3 gritty performances coming back from early double digit deficits twice. We all know Keegan, Perkins, JBo, PMac are playing well but the bench.

JoshO with 5 big points and some good D and rebounding, Sandfort again with big buckets and a guy in his jersey on one of them, JoeT with quick hands and some good assists and sheer terror for us fans, Kris Murray good again yesterday and all 4 games. Hell of a bench and some will start next year.

And what can you say about Connor's And One after the timeout with about 3 minutes to go. Shot clock getting low, no options, drives into that big guy and lifts him, then the jump into NBA foul draw while he shoots a sweet little jumper. Wow, that was a huge play and the hawks had had a couple of turnovers and the lead had gone to 1. If the hawks fail there and lose the lead it could have been so different. I have always faulted Connor's shooting for being such an outstanding athlete and with his strength I always wanted him to drive it in closer but I guess that was not his role. And now he is shooting better.

Filip, Kris M, Perkins, PMAC JoeT, Sandfort, JoshO, Ulis are a pretty good 8 to start with next year. But this year not done.
CMs shot was everything. Up 1 at the time and Purdue had all the momentum. That 3 pt play put us up 4 making it a 2 possession game and Purdue played their next possession differently than what they woulda if say they were down 1 or 2 instead. Of all the big plays in that game that was the 1 that set us up to put it away

Erek Hansen ran the floor pretty well.
Yeah I'm not sure he gets to that ball though. Doug Thomas I think woulda. He was sorta similar. But Murray man as he got going he was pulling away from that kid. Murray is fast fast.

I remember a steal he'd gotten a few games ago where he just out ran dudes while he was dribbling for him to fly in to dunk was ridiculous. He's quick fast long what the hell else can he do to improve besides hit FTs a little better?

I don’t know about that. I bet Connor shit a little when he let that pass go. I know I thought it was going to be a turnover. Keegan did good to run that down, but by the time he did he was already right under the basket. There isn't a Hawkeye that I remember that would have run that pass down and dunked it.
I don't disagree, very few players coulda caught and dunked that pass (Gerry Wright as mentioned in the post above was a slam dunker, I have little memory of Doug Thomas though.....I recall I was doing a lot of traveling in his playing years)....but I stand by my opinion that it was a dagger-that deflated the Purdue side

O
I don't disagree, very few players coulda caught and dunked that pass (Gerry Wright as mentioned in the post above was a slam dunker, I have little memory of Doug Thomas though.....I recall I was doing a lot of traveling in his playing years)....but I stand by my opinion that it was a dagger-that deflated the Purdue side

More like a cutlass

1647382290482.png

They had denied the pass from Connor the previous play

Hawks had to call a timeout

I am certain that they were confident that they would deny another attempt

Imagine the surprise and Pain that followed the most perfect pass from Connor
to Keegan who was expecting the backspin and handled it perfectly

Crushed the boilermaker spirit completely

They had the very same expressions on their faces as the hoosiers had the day before