Josh Jackson Update

What should he do? Hard to say with 100% accuracy.

We certainly hope he comes back, but if you ask for percentages with either choice, I would guess a MUCH higher percentage of people would be puzzled with him saying, "I'm staying at Iowa for another year". We'd scream with delight, of course, but we'd still wonder why he chose it.

And of course, "those" posters would offer their "expertise", which would likely be as senseless as some of their general football "knowledge". We'd get to read everything from, "It's common knowledge that NFL teams questioned his character", to, "It's common knowledge that KF and Brian blackballed him with NFL front offices". Some would even believe it :rolleyes:

Jackson came out of nowhere this year. Rugumba was suppose to be the next big thing. As the season progressed, Jackson gained more confidence and experience and he exploded on the national scene. But if you watched him closely, there were weaknesses in his coverage. Esp. Zone coverage. They play a lot of cover 2 in the nfl. That's what the scouts are looking at too. Man to man coverage not a problem. Good size for a corner. But he didn't play a lot of games either. Those two issues, zone coverage and lack of experience would be reasons for him to stay another year.

Jackson came out of nowhere this year. Rugumba was suppose to be the next big thing. As the season progressed, Jackson gained more confidence and experience and he exploded on the national scene. But if you watched him closely, there were weaknesses in his coverage. Esp. Zone coverage. They play a lot of cover 2 in the nfl. That's what the scouts are looking at too. Man to man coverage not a problem. Good size for a corner. But he didn't play a lot of games either. Those two issues, zone coverage and lack of experience would be reasons for him to stay another year.
First, he’s not going to get any substantive cover 2 practice at Iowa.

Second, he needs to go now because if he stays, teams will throw at him less than they did King in his senior year. And that hurt his draft position.

I’d say that more posters here want to see him go pro while he’s hot. He graduates in May so the degree isn’t part of the equation.

My goodness dude give it a rest man. Josh Jackson will be making HIS decision soon. Reading through this thread and others and how you interact with folks on this site is quite amazing to watch. I mean if a poster post anything positive it seems you’re there to knock them back.

Last edited:

Second, he needs to go now because if he stays, teams will throw at him less than they did King in his senior year. And that hurt his draft position.

I agree in part. I think King became complacent his senior year also. My personal belief is Jackson SHOULD go pro. Too many potential bad things could happen to Jackson if he stays (injuries being the major one). With his talent, he should be able to adapt to zone coverages in the pros in time.

Plain and simple, Jackson is a top 3 corner this year with a "down" year for corners. You have to go back to the 90's to find a draft where the top 3 corner were not selected in the first 2 rounds. When he gets his early entry grade and it confirms a first round grade he is gone. Kirk will tell him to go. This is fact. End thread.

If you had close to no net worth (which most college graduates have) and were offered your dream job for millions of dollars you would.

For you to say otherwise is obtuse.
False choice.

Jackson will get drafted either this year or next year so he isn’t like most college graduates with close to no net worth.

He’s going to get his dream job for millions: it either starts in 2018 or 2019.

False choice.

Jackson will get drafted either this year or next year so he isn’t like most college graduates with close to no net worth.

He’s going to get his dream job for millions: it either starts in 2018 or 2019.
I think if he stays his stats and draft spot will drop for reasons I said earlier, similar to Desmond King. Which means less money.

And of course I better include a disclaimer for the easily-butt hurt around here, this is only my opinion.

Plain and simple, Jackson is a top 3 corner this year with a "down" year for corners. You have to go back to the 90's to find a draft where the top 3 corner were not selected in the first 2 rounds. When he gets his early entry grade and it confirms a first round grade he is gone. Kirk will tell him to go. This is fact. End thread.

You can't call /thread on your own post. Poor form