Josh Dix looked like Tony Perkins from last year

I agree. As far as their roles of being a ball handling swing guard that can shoot whenever open that's exactly what they need. If Dix can provide more of a dribble drive aspect to his game then that'd be great.
At one point vs MD, he put on a Harlem Globetrotters dribble display when a guy tried to press him. The crowd howled with joy. News Flash: Dix and Peyton are very athletic guys. Bowen, too, I would predict.

Imagine that he went to the hole almost religiously against MD and look what happened. He needed that game and I couldn't be happier for him

Yea, I'm not sure he's been the healthiest the past few games and coming back from an injury. I he may feeling better and might have got his confidence back last game. Important.

We may not have the deepest bench, but notice how we almost never have those long, middle of the half scoring droughts that plagued so many of previous Fran teams?

And Dix is a big part of that bench.

I was just going to post a similar comment as that was just in my head as well form reading another thread. The quality of depth and what those players brings is huge supporting what you are saying. Not having to lose anything and continue to push and not have to adjust is big.

As far as a couple of those guys coming in, it's actually the opposite of losing some punch. I think the fresh legs along with the talent and attributes they bring can boost the team and put additional pressure on the opponent. A constant barrage, if you will.

lol, it's not really that bad....but it's close to Nebraska so some of that rubs off.
From the interstate it looks like a smaller version of Kansas City. All grain elevators, railroad yards and sprawling distributorships

I'm sure there's nice areas near the mall and on the east side of town, but you can't see those from the interstate very well.

A taller PG or someone who can play PG with some handles is such a luxury to a team. This is like a really nice bonus for Iowa happening. It's just another interchangeable player for Fran. When you can bring in different personal and not have to adjust what has been working, that is huge.
Mentioning a taller point guard, Dix reminds me of Jake Kelly but possibly a better athlete if and when he gets back to 100%.

I agree with the tilt of this thread. Perhaps even better news is that Tony Perkins finally looked like Tony Perkins from last year.

If we can get to the point where we get our steady 20+ from Kris, and then rotate a big night from Flip, Perkins, Sanford, or a McCaffrey, and perhaps squeeze 10 points from one of three point guards, we are in business. I like that we have a lot of guys who can put up points on any given night, but we don't need any one of them to have a big night every night. We are deeper than I expected. We have a Batman and a bunch of potential Robins. That could make us a tough out down the stretch.

Latest posts