Joseph Toye Commits To....

Am I the only one who can't read the thread title without first thinking of:

2260855051DF6290257E99

This was a fun read. Fran has done a great job recruiting since arriving at Iowa. He is signing top 150 guys. He is making progress at every level that can be judged. 4 years ago we were one of the worst BCS conference programs in the country and now Iowa is set up to make a post season tournament every single season.

Seriously, I hate fan bases in this order. 1. Nebraska fans 2. Iowa Fans 3. ISU fans ... but Iowa fans are quickly moving up the list.

This was a fun read. Fran has done a great job recruiting since arriving at Iowa. He is signing top 150 guys. He is making progress at every level that can be judged. 4 years ago we were one of the worst BCS conference programs in the country and now Iowa is set up to make a post season tournament every single season.

Seriously, I hate fan bases in this order. 1. Nebraska fans 2. Iowa Fans 3. ISU fans ... but Iowa fans are quickly moving up the list.

Iowa should at least be able to make the CBI every year. What is wrong with expectations?

Am I the only one who can't read the thread title without first thinking of:

2260855051DF6290257E99

I need to bust my BoB DVDs out again. One of the few instances in my memory where the film/movie/TV version blew the written version out of the water (the mini series was nothing short of brilliant, but I found the written version to be a lazy hack job...could have been SO much better in the hands of a real historian).

This is from Rick Brown's article in the Des Moines Register today on Andrew Fleming's commitment, Iowa basketball recruiting, etc.

There was also some hand-wringing when Joseph Toye, a class of 2015 forward from LaPorte, Ind., with an Iowa offer, selected Vanderbilt last month. But Toye went off Iowa’s board when Hutton committed.

This is from Rick Brown's article in the Des Moines Register today on Andrew Fleming's commitment, Iowa basketball recruiting, etc.

There was also some hand-wringing when Joseph Toye, a class of 2015 forward from LaPorte, Ind., with an Iowa offer, selected Vanderbilt last month. But Toye went off Iowa’s board when Hutton committed.

If true, then it is clear that only one small forward was going to get a scholly in the 2015 class. I like Hutton, but Toye is better...too bad he went to Vandy. I suspect that Fran knew that Iowa was out of Toye's finalists, so he grabbed Hutton...nice get, but not at Toye's level offensively.

If true, then it is clear that only one small forward was going to get a scholly in the 2015 class. I like Hutton, but Toye is better...too bad he went to Vandy. I suspect that Fran knew that Iowa was out of Toye's finalists, so he grabbed Hutton...nice get, but not at Toye's level offensively.
Better defensively though and still has a year to develop offensively before he steps on the court at Iowa. Fran wasn't going to tell Hutton no in case Toye wanted to join, no certainties there. I like Hutton a lot and think Iowa should feel lucky to have him. Also, I'm hoping having Hutton helps with PF Morrow, I believe they play together. That would be a good combo.

I have no idea if it's true...just thought I would share what I read. I do know it is a common practice for coaches to tell two (or more) recruits at the same position that they are taking the first player to commit...only room for one.

Latest posts