Jordan Oladokun decommits from Iowa

That would be a far fetched conspiracy theory, but it is 2020.
It's not far fetched at all but what is happening. If you heard the interview by the bozo organizing the lawsuit he is some sort of recruiting advisor, or some damm thing, and he is openly reaching out to recruits to poison them against Iowa. It's a clear threat he made in an otherwise incomprehensible interview with a local radio station.

It's not far fetched at all but what is happening. If you heard the interview by the bozo organizing the lawsuit he is some sort of recruiting advisor, or some damm thing, and he is openly reaching out to recruits to poison them against Iowa. It's a clear threat he made in an otherwise incomprehensible interview with a local radio station.

I think that was Robert T. Green, who was not a lawyer but ran a company called, "Players' Rep", or something like that. It sounds like he reached out to a bunch of Hawks, and they ill-advisedly hitched their wagons to him even though he could really do nothing for them.

The guy currently representing them is actually legit, a prominent civil-rights attorney. Probably who they should have sought initially, I hope they didn't lose too much money with Robert T. Green.

My unsubstantiated guess is that someone who is recruiting him got in his ear about racism in the Iowa program. He is a kid and pretty much by definition subject to confusion. I hope he goes somewhere he is happy and successful. He and Iowa football will be fine.

......or his parents may be reluctant to send their kid north. Don't know.

You better believe that someone got in his ear. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised one iota if the firm representing the players is actively contacting recruits to try and get as many decommitments as possible.

That kind of behavior seems deplorable, but is nevertheless common practice for firms trying to gain as much leverage as possible.

Well, good luck at Central Florida then....young man.

You nailed it. He is a kid.
There’s a little bit of validity to both sides here, though. Yes, kids aren’t all fully mature in their decision-making and public comments, but not all of them are flaky and self centered, either.

I’d give the kid a pass on a personal level because, as you said, he’s a kid. But I’d also put him one the “nope” list as a prospective football player because that type of attitude isn’t what I’d look for in a student, a player of mine, or an employee.

And that’s ok. I think especially today, people get so concerned with trying to be 100% “correct” in their inclusiveness that they forget that someone not being a fit for your organization or team doesn’t automatically mean there’s racism, ageism, sexism, or any other sort of discrimination behind it.

Just so you will know, I was not disagreeing with you.

This is the interview I heard with Felicia Goodson

I see he's still uncommitted even though he's got a boatload of offers. Apparently still follows some news involving Iowa's recent signees.

Highly doubt Jordan still has an offer on the table from iowa after decommitting twice.
I'll add to that, no way in hell does Iowa want a flake like that anyway. Primadonnas don’t fit in here and it’d just be prolonging the eventual departure.

He did Iowa a favor by decommitting.

Last edited:
That would be a far fetched conspiracy theory, but it is 2020.

Hardly a "conspiracy theory". This is the kind of thing that happens regularly...especially when somebody is positioning for $$ as these players and their lawyer are.

That said, you hire a guy that wants to work for you. You sign a player that clearly wants to play for you. If they don't...let em go and move on.

Hardly a "conspiracy theory". This is the kind of thing that happens regularly...especially when somebody is positioning for $$ as these players and their lawyer are.

That said, you hire a guy that wants to work for you. You sign a player that clearly wants to play for you. If they don't...let em go and move on.
This. It’s been my experience in a lot of facets of life that people who are easily and often persuaded to chase greener grass (even if it isn’t truly greener grass) aren’t people you want as coworkers, teammates, or partners.

Loyalty and commitment have to be priorities before any other quality.

This. It’s been my experience in a lot of facets of life that people who are easily and often persuaded to chase greener grass (even if it isn’t truly greener grass) aren’t people you want as coworkers, teammates, or partners.

Loyalty and commitment have to be priorities before any other quality.
As the title of the Erma Bombeck book says: "The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank"

As the title of the Erma Bombeck book says: "The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank"
There's a guy where I work who has been here as long as I have (16 years). He works out on the plant floor and I swear to god he's had every job in this place. He'll work in one department for 8-10 months, start saying how Department XYZ would be so much better to work in, then transfer and 6 months later he'll hate it there too and start looking somewhere else.

His wife is the daughter of one of the original ownership group and I think they just keep him around because he's a good worker and never has any attendance issues.

Latest posts