Jordan Finals Stats

If Miami can't win it all this season I think Lebron James will go down as one of the most over-hyped professional players of all time and will not win a title for a long time.

Next season will be a pressure cooker in Miami. Every little move and every loss will be scrutinized by ESPN and the Miami media.

I think the Bulls will be the hungrier team and win the East next year and the Lebron, Wade, Bosh trio will begin their rotting process.

I think this will be the 'worst' Heat team for the next three or four years..that is, as long as dissension doesn't creep in.

I would not have guessed LeBron in the league 8 years..wow.

Jordan made his first NBA finals in year 7...he averaged 31ppg...but look at his assist line vs the Lakers...over 11!

If Miami can't win it all this season I think Lebron James will go down as one of the most over-hyped professional players of all time and will not win a title for a long time.

Next season will be a pressure cooker in Miami. Every little move and every loss will be scrutinized by ESPN and the Miami media.

I think the Bulls will be the hungrier team and win the East next year and the Lebron, Wade, Bosh trio will begin their rotting process.

Yeah they were a pretty under the radar time this year. Hope they can handle the media attention next season.

They are going to win it this year, and they'll win it next year too. They'll also be much better this season. Having a healthy Haslem and Mike Miller, plus a few better role players will make a huge difference. The Bulls will be the second best team in the East for a long time.

Yeah they were a pretty under the radar time this year. Hope they can handle the media attention next season.

They are going to win it this year, and they'll win it next year too. They'll also be much better this season. Having a healthy Haslem and Mike Miller, plus a few better role players will make a huge difference. The Bulls will be the second best team in the East for a long time.
The Heat do not look like a team that is going to win it this year. Dallas will close this thing out and the Heat can go home and lick their wounds. Lebron has not found it all series, and he won't in the twilight of it either. James can only shoot the ball when no one is around him it appears. Real defense is killing him. Jordan was astronomically better at this point in his career.

The Heat do not look like a team that is going to win it this year. Dallas will close this thing out and the Heat can go home and lick their wounds. Lebron has not found it all series, and he won't in the twilight of it either. James can only shoot the ball when no one is around him it appears. Real defense is killing him. Jordan was astronomically better at this point in his career.

Agreed and makes Pippen's comments look even more crazy. IMO Lebron is no where near MJ's level.

Agreed and makes Pippen's comments look even more crazy. IMO Lebron is no where near MJ's level.

This.... Lebron is averaging 2.5 points a game in the 4th quarter in the finals. This Jordan vs. Lebron shouldn't even be discussed, it's an insult to Jordan.

The irony of this whole thing is that LeBron is actually showing himself to be more akin to Scottie Pippen 3.0: incredible defender, covers the whole floor, can carry a game offensively for small stretches, amazing on the break, but not capable of creating his own shot in crunch time or leading a team to a championship. It's amazing how a guy who is that athletically gifted has basically been reduced to fast break dunks and 3-pointers (this was even true for stretches during the Chicago series, he just shot much better from 3).

I actually think the Heat can win multiple titles even if they don't beat the Mavericks this year. But that's not going to change the fact that LeBron could have carried this team to a title (probably in 5 games) if he'd even been competent in the 4th quarter, and he didn't.

They're going to win the title this year. They are 10-1 at home in the playoffs, and the one loss was a fluke comeback by the Mavs. Once they get the home crowd behind them again, they'll be fine.

They're going to win the title this year. They are 10-1 at home in the playoffs, and the one loss was a fluke comeback by the Mavs. Once they get the home crowd behind them again, they'll be fine.

Agreed

I said Heat in 7 before it started and I'm sticking to it.

Not if LBJ keeps being lachoker in the 4th they are not even going to make it to a game 7.

The irony of this whole thing is that LeBron is actually showing himself to be more akin to Scottie Pippen 3.0: incredible defender, covers the whole floor, can carry a game offensively for small stretches, amazing on the break, but not capable of creating his own shot in crunch time or leading a team to a championship. It's amazing how a guy who is that athletically gifted has basically been reduced to fast break dunks and 3-pointers (this was even true for stretches during the Chicago series, he just shot much better from 3).

I actually think the Heat can win multiple titles even if they don't beat the Mavericks this year. But that's not going to change the fact that LeBron could have carried this team to a title (probably in 5 games) if he'd even been competent in the 4th quarter, and he didn't.

I actually agree with this analysis for the most part. James can carry an offense for an entire game but he can't do it for an entire playoff run because he's too streaky of a shooter. That's the major difference between him and Jordan offensively IMO. Jordan wasn't a perfect offensive player but he never seemed to allow a defense to get him away from where he wanted to go.

Obviously this could change if James ever does what Jordan did and learn to play in the post more. I don't see that happening though.

Mike23, why do you call that a fluke comeback, or better yet what is your definition of fluke comeback? That fluke comeback was like the 4th time in the playoffs the Mavs had overcome a good size 4th quarter deficit on the road to win. I guess to me doing something 4 times in a short span is not a fluke. It may not be routine, but it darn sure isn't fluke.

I think had the Heat won that game the series would be over now. That loss was a huge punch in the gut and it's proving difficult for them to overcome.

I actually agree with this analysis for the most part. James can carry an offense for an entire game but he can't do it for an entire playoff run because he's too streaky of a shooter. That's the major difference between him and Jordan offensively IMO. Jordan wasn't a perfect offensive player but he never seemed to allow a defense to get him away from where he wanted to go.

Obviously this could change if James ever does what Jordan did and learn to play in the post more. I don't see that happening though.

It has nothing to do with his shooting. James is just as good, if not better, of a shooter than Jordan was at the same point in his career. He's just not being aggressive, Dirk is not shooting all the great this series, but he's getting to the rim and drawing fouls, for whatever reason LeBron is not doing this. The Mavs are doing a great job on stopping him on pick and rolls but he's basically stopping himself when he gets in isolation sets. He needs to just put his head down and go, especially when Kidd or Terry is on him. Go hard to the rim and force the issue with the refs.

It has nothing to do with his shooting. James is just as good, if not better, of a shooter than Jordan was at the same point in his career. He's just not being aggressive, Dirk is not shooting all the great this series, but he's getting to the rim and drawing fouls, for whatever reason LeBron is not doing this. The Mavs are doing a great job on stopping him on pick and rolls but he's basically stopping himself when he gets in isolation sets. He needs to just put his head down and go, especially when Kidd or Terry is on him. Go hard to the rim and force the issue with the refs.

Actually looking at their stats they are pretty similar FG% numbers

Actually looking at their stats they are pretty similar FG% numbers

Not really. First 8 seasons, Jordan was under 50% only twice. (years 2 and 3)
Lebron has only shot 50% twice, and it was barely over the last 2 seasons.

Lebron's problems are mostly above the shoulders. We will have to wait and see if he ever overcomes those.

Not really. First 8 seasons, Jordan was under 50% only twice. (years 2 and 3)
Lebron has only shot 50% twice, and it was barely over the last 2 seasons.

Lebron's problems are mostly above the shoulders. We will have to wait and see if he ever overcomes those.

Jordan hardly ever shot three's until he came back from his retirement. He had a lower shooting percentage after he came back from his baseball sabbatical, but he was clearly a better shooter. LeBron is at least as good, if not better, as a jump shooter, he just settles for them way too easy sometimes. He needs to get to the rim more.

Latest posts