Jordan Finals Stats

Sure hope your right stormin... I'm a wade fan, at least I was untill I saw the video of him and Lebrick making fun of Dirk before game 5. Been pulling for Mavs all along but still don't have a great feeling about them pulling it off.

I'm only 24 and I can tell you Lebron right now can't even hold MJ's jock, and thats coming from a diehard Knicks fan. I hated Jordan but respected him and do so even more now then ever. Jordan was hated but everyone respected him and knew he was great. Lebron right now is hated by opposing fans and not respected. We will see if that ever changes

LaBron has been seriously hurt by a lack of strong coaching. He had been allowed to develop a game is woefully short on fundamentals based on his physical abilities. This had shown in the finals over the last couple of years.

He could be a great small forward if he learned how to play off the ball. But he has been allowed to take the ball up court and basically play 5 on 1. Sure he makes some nice passes, but he doesn't run the offense or keep the ball moving. Basically, he passes like he is taking a shot one on one.

Basically, he is James Worthy being allowed to advance the ball up court.

He really is suffering from the same Jordan complex that plagues Russell Westbrook. Both guys should be destroying people with off the ball cuts, but instead they want to have the ball in their hands and make the one highlight reel play. Melo has the same syndrome.

Basically all these guys just didn't have enough coaching while they were developing and are too good to be coached now.

Take it easy! Worthy is my favorite player of all time. LeBron is a ******.

:)

I like that you know I'm correct so you try to deflect by questioning my age. Unfortunately for you, I haven't been 18 for quite some time. There's no denying that in his first 5 or 6 seasons he was a poor/mediocre jump shooter. But we're talking about comparable time periods. Jordan had won his first title with the Bulls by now (in LeBron years), and was a great shooter. Your only argument is that he wasn't a great 3 point shooter pre-retirement #1? Most jump shots aren't 3 pointers unless your name is Reggie Miller. In fact, it shows how good of a jump shooter MJ was if he was able to still shoot a high field goal % while only shooting 27% from 3 point range as you are claiming.

Your Heat/LeBron love is completely clouding your common sense/rationality. No one on here is saying LeBron is not a good player. In fact pretty much everyone agrees he is one of the best players, if not the best player, in the NBA today. But he's not comparable to Jordan at this point. Not even close. Claiming that he is makes you look foolish.

Except I never claimed that, and you're trying to change the argument now, I said at this point in his career he is at least as good, if not better jump shooter than Jordan was. And the stats back that up, in his eighth NBA season Jordan shot 51.9% and LeBron shot 51.0% while taking 179 more threes than Jordan shot. You claim that Jordan's high shooting percentage shows what a good jump shooter while LeBron's is just due to the fact that he can get to the rim at will. You're acting like MJ couldn't get to the rim at will either, it works both ways my man. Come at me when you have a valid argument, until then keep living off your inaccurate Jordan memories.

Simple: He doesn't have the "it" factor that Jordan, or even Kobe, had/have. He just doesn't seem to have that uber-competitiveness that only comes in the 4th quarter of a playoff game. He'll close in the regular season. He'll even sometimes close in a playoff game. But the Finals? No. When he has viable options around him, he would rather defer than to assert. That just seems to be who he is. Pass the pressure off to Wade.

Kobe's "it" factor was Shaq and Pau Gasol. As we saw this year, when Kobe doesn't get great play from his big men, he can't close a playoff series worth ****.

Kobe's "it" factor was Shaq and Pau Gasol. As we saw this year, when Kobe doesn't get great play from his big men, he can't close a playoff series worth ****.

Which is only further evidence to support the notion that there will never be another Michael Jordan. I do think that Kobe is as close as it gets, but even he's not MJ.

Except I never claimed that, and you're trying to change the argument now, I said at this point in his career he is at least as good, if not better jump shooter than Jordan was. And the stats back that up, in his eighth NBA season Jordan shot 51.9% and LeBron shot 51.0% while taking 179 more threes than Jordan shot. You claim that Jordan's high shooting percentage shows what a good jump shooter while LeBron's is just due to the fact that he can get to the rim at will. You're acting like MJ couldn't get to the rim at will either, it works both ways my man. Come at me when you have a valid argument, until then keep living off your inaccurate Jordan memories.

You are correct that you never claimed that in this thread, and I am not saying you did. There's no need to change the argument. I already stated that I disagreed with your assertion that LBJ is as good, if not better of a jump shooter than Jordan at the same point in their careers. I am not acting like Jordan couldn't get to the rim at will at all, in fact I actually stated that Jordan took plenty of close up shots. Here is a stat for you since you are clining to your 3 point argument:

Shots attempted in their 8th season:
Jordan 1,818
James 1,485

Jordan shot at a higher clip despite attempting 333 more shots than James in their 8th seasons.

You can have James' 179 more 3 point attempts, but it does nothing to help your argument. The argument was never who was a better 3 point shooter in their 8th season.

Last edited:
You are correct that you never claimed that in this thread, and I am not saying you did. There's no need to change the argument. I already stated that I disagreed with your assertion that LBJ is as good, if not better of a jump shooter than Jordan at the same point in their careers. I am not acting like Jordan couldn't get to the rim at will at all, in fact I actually stated that Jordan took plenty of close up shots. Here is a stat for you since you are clining to your 3 point argument:

Shots attempted in their 8th season:
Jordan 1,818
James 1,485

Jordan shot at a higher clip despite attempting 333 more shots than James in their 8th seasons.

You can have James' 179 more 3 point attempts, but it does nothing to help your argument. The argument was never who was a better 3 point shooter in their 8th season.

You're really stretching now. Having more shot attempts doesn't prove he's a better jump shooter, how many of those 333 more shots were jumpers? We don't know that.

Obviously all 179 more 3's LeBron took were jumpers, that's why it's relevant to the discussion of who is the better jump shooter. So if anything the fact that LeBron took 300 less shots and almost 200 more 3's would strengthen the argument that LeBron is a better jump shooter, but I'm sure you knew that.

You're really stretching now. Having more shot attempts doesn't prove he's a better jump shooter, how many of those 333 more shots were jumpers? We don't know that.

Obviously all 179 more 3's LeBron took were jumpers, that's why it's relevant to the discussion of who is the better jump shooter. So if anything the fact that LeBron took 300 less shots and almost 200 more 3's would strengthen the argument that LeBron is a better jump shooter, but I'm sure you knew that.

Mike, please stop. I'm stretching with my shot attempt argument? That's hilarious because you have been pimping LeBron's 3 point ATTEMPTS for your last 3 or 4 posts in this thread. How does LeBron taking 279 3 point attempts help your argument at all? It doesn't! LeBron shot only 33% from 3 point range. That's not much better than Jordan's 27%. 33% is not impressive at all for a 3 point %.

So, no, LeBron taking 300 less shots and 200 more 3's does not in any way strengthen your argument. We will have to agree to disagree on the subject. I have MJ's entire career to back my argument. We are only halfway through LeBron's.

If anything, you should be arguing LBJ's shooting withOUT his 3's in there. Without his 3's this season he shot 55% from the field. Jordan shot 53.3% in his 8th season without his 3's. The main difference is that Jordan took 512 more non-3 point shots (1718-1206). Perhaps LBJ should take a cue from Josh Smith, and start shooting less 3's? But being a big Heat and LBJ fan I'm sure you already knew that.

No one is saying LBJ is a bad shooter at all. In fact he is a very good shooter. But it's amusing how butt hurt you are getting over the fact no one agrees with you that LBJ is a better shooter than Jordan. Do you realize how ridiculous it is that you are getting upset over people not agreeing with you that LBJ isn't a better shooter than the greatest player of all time?

It all depends on which jumpers you prefer. Jordan made more hay from his mid-range game than his 3-point shooting. In a SG/SF, I'd prefer to have a guy with a stronger mid-range game. When your game is already pretty heavily predicated on driving to the lane to get to the rim, having a strong and consistent pull-up jumper makes you a much more lethal player than the ability to spot up for threes does.

Mike, please stop. I'm stretching with my shot attempt argument? That's hilarious because you have been pimping LeBron's 3 point ATTEMPTS for your last 3 or 4 posts in this thread. How does LeBron taking 279 3 point attempts help your argument at all? It doesn't! LeBron shot only 33% from 3 point range. That's not much better than Jordan's 27%. 33% is not impressive at all for a 3 point %.

So, no, LeBron taking 300 less shots and 200 more 3's does not in any way strengthen your argument. We will have to agree to disagree on the subject. I have MJ's entire career to back my argument. We are only halfway through LeBron's.

If anything, you should be arguing LBJ's shooting withOUT his 3's in there. Without his 3's this season he shot 55% from the field. Jordan shot 53.3% in his 8th season without his 3's. The main difference is that Jordan took 512 more non-3 point shots (1718-1206). Perhaps LBJ should take a cue from Josh Smith, and start shooting less 3's? But being a big Heat and LBJ fan I'm sure you already knew that.

No one is saying LBJ is a bad shooter at all. In fact he is a very good shooter. But it's amusing how butt hurt you are getting over the fact no one agrees with you that LBJ is a better shooter than Jordan. Do you realize how ridiculous it is that you are getting upset over people not agreeing with you that LBJ isn't a better shooter than the greatest player of all time?

You can say I'm getting "butt hurt" all you want, but I'm not upset at all, you're the one getting worked up about this. You're the one throwing out arguments which don't help your cause at all, I'm just pointing out their flaws. The fact of the matter is the stats don't lie, at this point in their careers LeBron is just as good of jump shooter as Jordan was.

And LeBron would probably be a more efficient scorer if he didn't shoot so many 3's but once again that's not what we're talking about. And also Josh Smith took a career high number of 3's this year so his no shooting 3's experiment is over, which I'm sure you all ready knew.

Latest posts