Jordan Cotton

iahawks912

I don't know if he has been a disappointment or he just hasn't had a chance, but I was wondering what everyone thought on him getting some pt at wr or running back kicks? I know from firsthand experiences that he has great speed and is very elusive but just wondering if any one else thought he might have a chance for a break out year.

I think Jordan Cotton has had a really difficult time competing with the naturally long fibers of Egyptian Cotton that give it that fluidity and long-lasting resilience that translate so well to the modern bed.

I dont think that Jordan Cotton has been a disappointment at all, he will be a RS junior this year and Iowa just hasnt had a lot of PT open for him. This year he should see the field. He was quite the playmaker at mt pleasant, maybe we cld see him in the return game.

I think it might be several months before he sees any PT.

(Serious answer: I've heard good things, so I'm not sure if he was dinged up last year around the Minnesota game when White and Bullock seemed to be the next guys in after KMM. I think he might slide up to #3 with McNutt and White graduating.)

speed and elusiveness in hs are not the same in college. he is just not as dynamic as we thought he could be. hopefully he makes strides but the fact bullock was so high on the depth chart at wr (passed cotton) before he had to move to rb makes me think bullock will be #3 receiver next year. but cotton has the physical tools so he might put it all together.

He's had injuries to contend with the last two seasons. He broke his leg in Dec 2010 before the bowl game against Missouri. I would suspect it set him back going into the 2011 season. I think he'll contribute significantly in 2012. No inside information, just a gut feeling.

speed and elusiveness in hs are not the same in college. he is just not as dynamic as we thought he could be. hopefully he makes strides but the fact bullock was so high on the depth chart at wr (passed cotton) before he had to move to rb makes me think bullock will be #3 receiver next year. but cotton has the physical tools so he might put it all together.

What about Staggs at #3 I think he will earn that if he hasn't by recently getting a scholarship, also i think bullock stays at rb because of the lack of experienced depth at the position. And I think Cotton will end up being a Paul Chaney Jr type of player coming in at the slot for some speed and playing special teams.